Recruiting Will Miles' series on the QB battle (Updated 3/26/18) (links to all articles on Post 1)

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
1. My avatar didnt contribute to ped boy taking illegal substances like a total dumb ass.
2. My avatar didnt make del taco a lousy QB.
3. If you dont like my avatar I will never change it.
Maybe the 3rd time is the charm......

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Mehhh.....the last two jackholes who have coached our teams preached lack of turnovers as the end all be all. No risk little reward was their thing. It made the QBs afraid to pull the trigger and reward them for punts. It was a scheme problem above all else.

Can Franks overcome that? I dont know but he is alot more talented than most of the QBs that Mullinz has coaches save Tebow and Scam. Let's not forget Scam looked like he was firing North Korean missiles or bottle rockets his freshman year. Who knew where they were going to go.

Franks wasnt ready last year and had no business being on the field. It was obvious by the spring game. Too late to fix that now and many kids that play too early never overcome it. We will see.

Don’t forget Dak in that list of talented QB’s.

You mention Cam. He also couldn’t run - more or less leaned into the pile.

That’s why I asked earlier for comparisons between Mullen’s offense and Malzahn’s. I couldn’t expect much out of Cam until he showed it. I’ve ascribed most of that to his JuCo sojourn getting his attention. But was Malzahn also a better fit?

Franks was always a project and the last 2 years of coaching haven’t been good for him.

You’re right. Can’t know until he shows it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Don’t forget Dak in that list of talented QB’s..
I didnt. I meant talent, skillset, arm strength, speed etc.

That doesnt mean I think he will be as effective. I'm just saying he's at least skilled. Driskel was skilled too, but never effective.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah right.....Did you ever figure out the gender of that plump redheaded Barner you bragged about on here a while back....I've heard those Alabama Wesson Oil parties are best kept secret between family members....Any truth to that, Bama Boy?

Lol... I was kidding about the gay remark. But I see I struck a nerve.

A) been happily married for 22 years. So I don’t know what red headed Barner you’re talking about.... though I did nail a chick in Auburn when I was there one year to see the Gators play. But that was in college and before I started dating my now wife. Never cheated. Never will. So you got me mixed up with someone else, blockhead.

B) don’t live in bama anymore. I’m back in Florida but lived there many years, including when I originally established my “name” dating back to the old GSMB.

C) sorry if I struck a cord. Nobody here will judge you. Lighten up.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah right.....Did you ever figure out the gender of that plump redheaded Barner you bragged about on here a while back....I've heard those Alabama Wesson Oil parties are best kept secret between family members....Any truth to that, Bama Boy?
:burn:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Lol... I was kidding about the gay remark. But I see I struck a nerve.

A) been happily married for 22 years. So I don’t know what red headed Barner you’re talking about.... though I did nail a chick in Auburn when I was there one year to see the Gators play. But that was in college and before I started dating my now wife. Never cheated. Never will. So you got me mixed up with someone else, blockhead.

B) don’t live in bama anymore. I’m back in Florida but lived there many years, including when I originally established my “name” dating back to the old GSMB.

C) sorry if I struck a cord. Nobody here will judge you. Lighten up.
Dude lighten up....I gave your post a like and I will always bust your balls....well because that's what I do around here....You of all people should know I'm talking sh!t well over 80% of the time I'm typing anything here :fistbump:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Dude lighten up....I gave your post a like and I will always bust your balls....well because that's what I do around here....You of all people should know I'm talking sh!t well over 80% of the time I'm typing anything here :fistbump:
I am light.... I was busting your balls too... but not in a gay way! NTTAWWT!

Acecustis

Sep 25, 2017
I think Trask stays in school. He didn't transfer in high school, I don't see him transferring in college. He hustled Mac into a college scholarship and free education. He is probably almost done with his degree. Props to him for taking advantage of that dumbass.

Jake probably transfers. He won't play in a spread system. I would be surprised if he lasts till the fall. Still hope we bring in a grad transfer QB. We need one more guy.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
"That did only come on 144 attempts though, meaning that he threw the ball – on average – 12 times per game."

Well.... at least he is used to our style of offense.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
"That did only come on 144 attempts though, meaning that he threw the ball – on average – 12 times per game."

That is funny. But honestly, for a HS offense that can move the ball well on the ground, 12 attempts per game is about right. If he was in some pinball offense like Will Grier played in in HS his stats would be a lot different (obviously). I'd rather his completion percentage be in the high 60's or low 70's. But he probably didn't throw much on 1st down (probably more on 2nd and long or 3rd down), which would have boosted his completion percentage.

I do find it odd that his HS stats are hard to find. He must have killed it at the camps to get his 4-star rating.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

:lol: we're screwed

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
this play only has one option ...... duh, oxymoronic. I'm not gonna listen to this guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.