Will Muschamp Press Conference Notebook

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They can do film study, group meetings, etc. now but they're supposed to deduct that from time in the weight room. What's the O/U on coaches who will actually do that?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Could be a great advantage. Hopefully they will manage any type of time taken away from other areas appropriately.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Enjoyable read. Hopefully it all comes together for them to have a super year.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n23275 said:
The defensive players are excited about the possibility of not being on the field for 50 minutes.

I hope the defense realizes they won't be getting the rest time they used to get with this new offense that TOP is not the emphasis. I would think our defense played fewer snaps and was on the field for a shorter period of time in 2013 than most defenses in the country. That is one reason we were like 10th or so total defense even though we were in the 40's for yards per play the defense gave up.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n23467 said:
I hope the defense realizes they won't be getting the rest time they used to get with this new offense that TOP is not the emphasis. I would think our defense played fewer snaps and was on the field for a shorter period of time in 2013 than most defenses in the country. That is one reason we were like 10th or so total defense even though we were in the 40's for yards per play the defense gave up.
Our defense was always on the field because the offense was pathetic. If our O improves as expected, the defense should have much more rest this year.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
SaltGator;n23644 said:
Our defense was always on the field because the offense was pathetic. If our O improves as expected, the defense should have much more rest this year.

Do I have to go find the listing for TOP and plays our defense was on the field to show you it was less than most teams in college football ?

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n23664 said:
Do I have to go find the listing for TOP and plays our defense was on the field to show you it was less than most teams in college football ?
No, I have not looked at any TOP stats, but it sure seemed like our defense was completely gassed toward the end of games last year. Maybe they just threw in the towel not having confidence in the O.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
SaltGator;n23695 said:
No, I have not looked at any TOP stats, but it sure seemed like our defense was completely gassed toward the end of games last year. Maybe they just threw in the towel not having confidence in the O.

True about confidence but I found the plays per game and our defense was # 1 in the country over Bama with playing the fewest plays on defense per game in the country at only 61 per game. I think our defense will be much improved this season but they gave up scores in some big games even when our offense did score to get us back in a game temporarily. They were no where close to 2012 no matter what the total defense stats said.

http://www.teamrankings.com/college-...plays-per-game

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n23715 said:
True about confidence but I found the plays per game and our defense was # 1 in the country over Bama with playing the fewest plays on defense per game in the country at only 61 per game. I think our defense will be much improved this season but they gave up scores in some big games even when our offense did score to get us back in a game temporarily. They were no where close to 2012 no matter what the total defense stats said. http://www.teamrankings.com/college-...plays-per-game
It also seemed sometimes that once teams got up on us last year , they played the vanilla run/TOP game on us, as they knew we had no O. This could have skewed the defensive plays per game stats.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
SaltGator said:
Gator Fever;n23715 said:
True about confidence but I found the plays per game and our defense was # 1 in the country over Bama with playing the fewest plays on defense per game in the country at only 61 per game. I think our defense will be much improved this season but they gave up scores in some big games even when our offense did score to get us back in a game temporarily. They were no where close to 2012 no matter what the total defense stats said. http://www.teamrankings.com/college-...plays-per-game
It also seemed sometimes that once teams got up on us last year , they played the vanilla run/TOP game on us, as they knew we had no O. This could have skewed the defensive plays per game stats.
I agree. LSU was a big example of that.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
SaltGator said:
Gator Fever;n23715 said:
A good point - or at least they knew we were not a threat beyond 10 yards a play on offense which allowed them to shut their game down to run/TOP AND also play aggressive on defense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator