Will Ole Miss go after Mike White? Do you care if they do?

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
After the encouraging start, this total collapse is perplexing and irksome. We look like crap against anybody that can take advantage of our weakness in the paint, and our patented late-game funk is now a regularly scheduled event. White's apparent inability to get a consistent, full-game effort out of this team is very disappointing. His growing tendency to coach himself into a position that emphasizes our shortcomings is another elephant in the room. Whatever goodwill White built up during his first two seasons is dissipating rapidly. At the point the OP first asked if we cared whether or not White left, my answer would have been yeah, with some minor reservations. But these predictable game-ending fiascos, added to the multi-game slides against mediocre to average teams, are really beginning to piss me off. After the garbage we saw last night, the NIT wouldn't surprise me one bit. I'm not ready to show him door just yet, but he needs to make serious improvement as a game manager, and those recruiting classes that we're all so excited about better pan out - big time.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
recruiting classes that we're all so excited about better pan out - big time.

... like providing us with some inside "big-men" effectiveness. A very big "elephant-in-the-room" idea = can Mike White effectively use big-man talent, if it's there?? Like many, I'm worn out by zero improvement in Gator basketball. I've not seen this level of stagnation before. I see no coaching influence toward betterment, towards a 'working' identity that we can work. There's zero direction from the practice/coaching aspect.?? What's coming, Hayes forgetting to jump on game-start center-court toss-up.??

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
... like providing us with some inside "big-men" effectiveness. A very big "elephant-in-the-room" idea = can Mike White effectively use big-man talent, if it's there?? Like many, I'm worn out by zero improvement in Gator basketball. I've not seen this level of stagnation before. I see no coaching influence toward betterment, towards a 'working' identity that we can work. There's zero direction from the practice/coaching aspect.?? What's coming, Hayes forgetting to jump on game-start center-court toss-up.??

At this point in time, the question about big man utilization is very much an open one. I'll hold my nose for a while, but White has done nothing with what he has now, and although Egbunu was a real loss, even he wasn't "killing it." Your point is valid - our bigs are playing like they don't know what the hell to do next. The further question is: does Mike White?

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Rumors are swirling that White is going to Ole Miss. You can see it on his face and body language and the players...

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, is somebody gonna post a link about these rumors?

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ole Miss hired Kermit Davis. Tony Bennett now the FIRST coach to LOSE as a #1 seed to a 16 seed. Greg Marshall at Wichita State underwelms in a HUGE loss to Marshall. WSU favored by 13.5 and UVA favored by 20.5. Just never know in March Madness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator