Will Winston finish at FSU or be kicked out?

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n59299 said:
The human being in me can't help but to ask, what about the young woman he raped? What about her future?

Very good point, actually.

Maybe he can somehow come to see the error of his ways and try to make amends.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Let's consider his antics since winning the national championship AND the most prestigious award in college football.
(1)He has refused to cooperate in an investigation of a sexual assault case. REFUSED. That would be grounds for expulsion for an ordinary student.
(2) He was caught on camera avoiding a police officer while stealing crab legs from Publix. How Herbie and the rest of the Rapey nut swingers give him a pass when he sits there and lies to their face is amazing to me.
(3) While his school is under a Title 9 investigation that he brought to their university, he stands on top of a table and yells vulgar profanity about...well you know...

And these are just the incidents that we know of. God knows what else he's done that he's been allowed to get away with. Remember when the Heisman Trophy used to mean something? The Heisman Fraternity must be so proud. He is a friggin' disgrace.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I too think Dumbo will drag it out so he can finish the season and go Pro. But also last time I checked Wilcox is Dumbo's boss. But there is enough distraction to the team that the Clowns will suffer because of it.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Remember when the FSU fans were crowing about "we have our tebow?" ha. I wouldn't want a championship if it was won because of Winston.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Born2beagator;n59344[B said:
]Remember when the FSU fans were crowing about "we have our tebow?" [/B]ha. I wouldn't want a championship if it was won because of Winston.

They have the anti-Tebow.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator said:
Let's consider his antics since winning the national championship AND the most prestigious award in college football.
(1)He has refused to cooperate in an investigation of a sexual assault case. REFUSED. That would be grounds for expulsion for an ordinary student.
(2) He was caught on camera avoiding a police officer while stealing crab legs from Publix. How Herbie and the rest of the Rapey nut swingers give him a pass when he sits there and lies to their face is amazing to me.
(3) While his school is under a Title 9 investigation that he brought to their university, he stands on top of a table and yells vulgar profanity about...well you know...

And these are just the incidents that we know of. God knows what else he's done that he's been allowed to get away with. Remember when the Heisman Trophy used to mean something? The Heisman Fraternity must be so proud. He is a friggin' disgrace.
Oh yeah....and he posted a pic of himself going do-do, I believe he called it. Pure class right there.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What appears to be happening is this...

The former president was making progress in raising the respectability of the academic side of things. Football, not such much.
The former president was told that due to economic issues, football needed to get more attention and more money. Academics lost in this battle.
Barron (I have met the man) saw his progress derailed and said "see ya".
The football team won.
Now that the money is flowing again, they want institutional respectability again.
Title IX investigation really has their attention.
Quite the conundrum for them...
Makes the school president selection quite an interesting batlle.

I don't think it has occurred to them to try and achieve academic respectability and athletic success at the same time. And maybe they can't afford that, which is possible.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator said:
Gatorbreath;n59246 said:
Hilarious! Though, I will say that the Clown College alums in my circle are fed up at the national embarrassment he's bringing to them. All kidding aside, you have to believe he's on mighty thin ice.

The Gator fan in me hopes he screws up. The human being in me (it's in there somewhere) hopes the kid doesn't throw away his future.

The human being in me can't help but to ask, what about the young woman he raped? What about her future?
plural

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n59408 said:
What appears to be happening is this...

The former president was making progress in raising the respectability of the academic side of things. Football, not such much.
The former president was told that due to economic issues, football needed to get more attention and more money. Academics lost in this battle.
Barron (I have met the man) saw his progress derailed and said "see ya".
The football team won.
Now that the money is flowing again, they want institutional respectability again.
Title IX investigation really has their attention.
Quite the conundrum for them...
Makes the school president selection quite an interesting batlle.

I don't think it has occurred to them to try and achieve academic respectability and athletic success at the same time. And maybe they can't afford that, which is possible.

This answers questions for me about why the first president left..

I think it doesn't hurt that the interrim president is out of the running and has nothing to lose by looking good in national media.

I have seen rumors from folks with 4 different sources, at least some of them saying things like "more of the same" in relation to a looiming doom for winston. The 4th , supposedly a booster who had been very reliable , had said it involved 2 young women.

Pat Carrol;s secretary had mentioned to me last year when I called that they had had calls from other women about him. Since January or Feb there may have been info ( a worker in SAO had supposedly told a poster there was) i in the SAO about not only the woman in counseling that they acknowledged while not lableling rape, but sexual confusion about what happened, but also second woman who had reported the rape to TPD ( prior to victim I think,) and had the same treatment by TPD, plus a 3rd whose dad would not let her come forward publicly.

I don't know if the 2 women reference could be to 2 of the above or new ones. Hard to tell with how info travels and changes.
Plus winston is such a busy guy.

I have wondered if maybe 2 of the previous women are now filing complaints with TItle IX or civil suits.

Tally Gato,r and others, I believe are very accurate about a large number of FSU fans being ready to see him gone. This is what my Tally friend is hearing these days and she was definitely not hearing it last year from the booster types. Mind you, these are not students.

She also told me that they ( her football friends and acquaintances ) have told her that members of the football team went to the president and requested a longer suspension. I think this was a story devised to show the angry fan base that most of the team has a moral compass. Think this was damage control . Certainly placated them. Also if Winston does get kicked off the team or out of school, it is a first step to separating him from the program image in fans' minds. $

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Whether or not he finishes the season will be a tug of war with stalling tactics on one side. Is the new AD well connected in Tally? That could be a huge factor ( as we have seen the influence the athletic program has.)

It depends on whether there are real accusations ( or what else he does). and what they are.

The more any of this reflects on sexual climate, abuse, safety, following protocol type issues, the less leverage Jimbo will have. The active Title IX investigation changes the dynamics drastically. And don't forget, last fall's debacle made FSU the poster child for Title IX investigative media releases ( and career advancement)

The slant and grown extent of the national attention on FSU creates an opportunity for the new AD and interim president to not have to depend so much on the Athletic dept , state, local networks for career advancement. They are much more free than Barron was. And the pretty much NEED to look serious about addressing these kind of issues.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
They are building him a statue as we speak. I'm betting he finishes the year.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Winston is no more of an embarrassment than any of the other long line of clowns that of come out of FSU. If they think they're going to save face by getting rid of Winston they got about 30 years of catching up to do.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator said:
Unless he shoots someone in the face (outside of TPD jurisdiction, of course) and its captured on camera AND in front of at least 150 witnesses, there is no way he is getting kicked out of the clown college.
Youthful ignorance is the correct terminology.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
OnlyGatorz said:
He will be made honorary member of Tally PD,

and then will give lectures on assault and domestic violence.... how to get away with it while laughing at the world.

A plaque with his face and wise words "We Scrong", written in crab leg font, will be displayed outside their High School- looking stadium.

Oprah will give him a free car.

Publix will make him their face of the brand.
:lol:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath;n59246 said:
Hilarious! Though, I will say that the Clown College alums in my circle are fed up at the national embarrassment he's bringing to them. All kidding aside, you have to believe he's on mighty thin ice.

The Gator fan in me hopes he screws up. The human being in me (it's in there somewhere) hopes the kid doesn't throw away his future.
The human being in me hopes he gets sent to the big house and given a dose of his own medicine.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n59518 said:
The human being in me hopes he gets sent to the big house and given a dose of his own medicine.

+ 1

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
This is why I hate halF aSs U and their fan base. They were not embarrassed during their NC run that Winston raped a woman. Now that he wears his hat backwards and uses profanity they are claiming embarrassment. I don't buy it. Rapey Winston is the face of FSU that goes back to the days of Deion Sanders. Go read Warchant if you want to know how they feel about this "overblown media circus" following Winston.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator