Willie Taggart Advocates?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Good god, had no idea this thread would turn into a taggart deepthroat extravaganza.

Bravo! :clap:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Again, sorry, no. I’m sure he’s a decent guy. Most great recruiters are. But we need a definitive winner. And he’s simply shown nothing to imply that he is.
He is what his record says he is

45-50

FVKK NO.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I have no opinion on Taggart myself but saw his recruiting seemed to be real good. I don't want Strong or Mullen here I know that.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's only right that we bring the " gulf coast" offense to florida.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, you know, Ole Butters is 5-0 with his chosen QB.

I love how we are supposed to give a guy slack and exclude 46 losses bc he gets his QB hurt often.

Oh yea, and getting to 7-5 after only four years makes one a "turn around artist". One could probably even say a Turnaround 3 star Guru, Im sure. Seems vaguely familiar.

You know, if you exclude the seven seasons that he won 7 or less. Out of eight seasons.

FlGator19382

Oct 7, 2017
0b4be37c35a6266370c82d1ca55170b2.jpg

Everybody on twitter wants Taggart lol.

TheAlumni

Oct 29, 2017
I'm not advocating that Willie Taggert be hired, but he deserves to be on any list of potential candidates....what I don't get about many Gator Fans is they have in their mind 1-2 people who they think we should hire and if someone else gets the job or is even considered, they automatically hate the person.....Of all the candidates mentioned, the only one that I would 100% not support is Lane Kiffen.....I'm not a fan of Dan Mullen but I would support him if hired.....

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
For those of you who want Taggart, I'll be scheduling an intervention for you in the next week, because you're clearly on drugs or drunk 24/7.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
PACish transfers to SECish soil Part II
pre entertainment by South Recruiting Relationships
:grin:

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not advocating that Willie Taggert be hired, but he deserves to be on any list of potential candidates....what I don't get about many Gator Fans is they have in their mind 1-2 people who they think we should hire and if someone else gets the job or is even considered, they automatically hate the person.....Of all the candidates mentioned, the only one that I would 100% not support is Lane Kiffen.....I'm not a fan of Dan Mullen but I would support him if hired.....
When will people learn. I run a tight ship here. Rules are enforced. Mordor shall not be mentioned.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Polarizing candidate, 47-50 overall record. That's a fair amount of shares traded without an accompanying forecast of higher earnings per share, which ultimately swings market price. I seriously doubt we buy.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
Looking at just his record is equivalent to other teams looking at Mac's record and wondering why we fired him. The record alone doesn't tell the whole story as he has taken over rebuilding projects and improved them all. He is an awesome recruiter and his offenses have been explosive. Kelly didn't get top 10 classes to Oregon and Taggart currently has a top 5 class. He may not end up being a championship coach but we would be much better off when his time is up.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Looking at just his record is equivalent to other teams looking at Mac's record and wondering why we fired him. The record alone doesn't tell the whole story as he has taken over rebuilding projects and improved them all. He is an awesome recruiter and his offenses have been explosive. Kelly didn't get top 10 classes to Oregon and Taggart currently has a top 5 class. He may not end up being a championship coach but we would be much better off when his time is up.

So essentially what you're saying is he's the Lee Iacocca of college coaches.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
If we can't pull Frost from Neb or certainly from UCF we have a huge problem inside the program. We SHOULD have people lined up for the job but somebody or bodies have thrown this FB program to the dumpster trying to show how important ALL of UF athletics is as opposed to making sure the cash cow of college athletics stays strong and King of the Hill. I remember how much everyone not affiliated with football in UAA hated SOS because of all the attention FB was getting. Looks like they are winning out now and probably laughing at how football is struggling while all the "womens" sports are flourishing. VB, SB, Gymnastics, etc. Maybe I am venting and that was a long time ago but thats my gut feeling. It's like they can't be happy being good all by themselves, football has to be struggling so they can feel vindicated. Feel free to poke holes in my theory.

TheAlumni

Oct 29, 2017
If we can't pull Frost from Neb or certainly from UCF we have a huge problem inside the program. We SHOULD have people lined up for the job but somebody or bodies have thrown this FB program to the dumpster trying to show how important ALL of UF athletics is as opposed to making sure the cash cow of college athletics stays strong and King of the Hill. I remember how much everyone not affiliated with football in UAA hated SOS because of all the attention FB was getting. Looks like they are winning out now and probably laughing at how football is struggling while all the "womens" sports are flourishing. VB, SB, Gymnastics, etc. Maybe I am venting and that was a long time ago but thats my gut feeling. It's like they can't be happy being good all by themselves, football has to be struggling so they can feel vindicated. Feel free to poke holes in my theory.

Have you ever considered that Scott Frost may just love Nebraska and has always had a goal of becoming their head coach someday....regardless of what some other school might pay him.....most of what you said about other coaches beating down our doors to get hired, how do we know that's not happening ?? No one is going to openly lobby for the job, but might be doing so thru agents, etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.