Willie Taggart Advocates?

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
stiGATOR1 said:
This is good to know afterall UF never has a QB injury.

I think they literally got stuck with a walk-on or someone not even rated by the services.

And, he is a true freshman.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Walkons can hand off as well as anyone. He runs Harball run and punt football.

NetEngGator

Nov 5, 2017
How is Taggart looking now?????

Taggart is all about perspective. When we whiff on Frost, revisit how we feel about him. When we whiff on Norvell, revisit how we feel about him. Taggart is not my first choice ... but at this point, I am kinda thinking like Slevin ... go get him, cheap, load up the roster for the next guy while we put the rest of the $ we saved on paying a coach towards facilities. I kinda like putting Strong in for that role but that would be a disaster style break up down the road. Strong is good people but I just dont think he can win in the SEC and I would hate to see him go through the grinder.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Just as bad as he did yesterday.

NetEngGator

Nov 5, 2017
Just as bad as he did yesterday.

You know who thought that was funny ...

635964196054432691-B54O9585.jpg

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
:ohboy: That's a face I don't want to see in front of a Gator podium again :grin:

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Here we go.

Hasn’t even been talked to and message boards already burying him 20 feet under. Unreal. Get some ****ing perspective.

He’s our 4th option, before Strong. We don’t get Kelly. And if we miss on Frost or Norvell we have to hire somebody. But some of you would rather have nobody? He averages 50 points a game at Oregon with a team that had hardly any talent on it thanks to Helfrich. I don’t particularly like Taggart at all, but Jesus Christ id take him ten fold over strong or Mullen. He’d at least rebuild the talent level.

Good take

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Sometimes you’re right. Sometimes you’re wrong. Then there are times when you’re epically wrong. Well done @Slevin. :lol:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Here we go.

Hasn’t even been talked to and message boards already burying him 20 feet under. Unreal. Get some ****ing perspective.

He’s our 4th option, before Strong. We don’t get Kelly. And if we miss on Frost or Norvell we have to hire somebody. But some of you would rather have nobody? He averages 50 points a game at Oregon with a team that had hardly any talent on it thanks to Helfrich. I don’t particularly like Taggart at all, but Jesus Christ id take him ten fold over strong or Mullen. He’d at least rebuild the talent level.
This aged well.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Are you high?

TAGGART took over complete dumpster fires at WKU, USF and Oregon. USF was so bad they got beat by 30+ points by mcneese state in his first game. He had to rebuild their entire team. His record doesn't look good because it took him time. He's turned Oregon around from 4-8 to 7-5 without his top 2 QBs. Maintained the offense at #33 and improved their defense from #126 to #50 with a top 10 class to boot. I wouldn't expect a guy who thinks Mississippi St has been a great program and won SEC West a lot to grasp facts really well. Taggart is the best available option besides Chip or Frost.

How bad did jumbo leave it for him? This did not age well for you

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Post #3 in this thread pretty much sums it up. Ftr, I don't knock anyone for being wrong on Mullen. I wasn't exactly on board with it initially. But WT was never a good option and had nothing of substance to support a hire, which people are recognizing now. And the risks I mentioned as being a likelihood after 3 years are already beginning to rear their ugly head. Good luck, Tally.

Also, this is quintessential Omar. Honestly, has this board ever seen a worse poster?

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
So far he's been good at giving Florida a good chance to take back this rivalry. A contract extension is in order.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator