Win/Loss Record expectations for 2015

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's been a few hours since he's been hired. Ample time to settle in and now lay some expectations on the new regime.

Is 9 wins enough next year? How about 8 but with an offense that doesn't inspire groans and yawns? Is the expectation that we immediately challenge for the SEC Championship Game, especially considering the stink-fest the division was this year?

My cousin (Mizzou grad) is heading to Atlanta -- I told him that was a good idea, because they may not be back there again for quite a while. What the heck, figured four years was enough time to be humble -- it's time to growl again!

Let the unhindered, unhinged, unrealistic Gator expectations soar again!!

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
With any kind of production from our offense over the last 4 years we could have and would have won the East. No reason to think that can't happen.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think we'll win 10+ games next year based on competent offense combined with the same solid defense. Think about this, counting the would-be win in the canceled game, we're 7-5 this year. We gave games away this year against LSU, SC and FSU. There's a real shot at 10 wins next year with an offense that can simply do the easy stuff effectively.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure. I want to see what we have on the O line first and who comes out early

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
Completely impossible to say. We have no idea who will be on the team, starters, schemes, coaches or anything at this point. Safe to say we'll win more than one and less than all.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n125042 said:
I think we'll win 10+ games next year based on competent offense combined with the same solid defense. Think about this, counting the would-be win in the canceled game, we're 7-5 this year. We gave games away this year against LSU, SC and FSU. There's a real shot at 10 wins next year with an offense that can simply do the easy stuff effectively.

Yes, but will the defense be worse without the BOOM coaching them up on the d-side - Is 10 games realistic given that and DANTE FOWLAH leaving? Will 8 wins be palatable if there is a slip on defense but the offense shows obvious improvement?

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n125045 said:
Completely impossible to say. We have no idea who will be on the team, starters, schemes, coaches or anything at this point. Safe to say we'll win more than one and less than all.

Pssh -- one does not need such reasoned answers! Surely the expectation is more than seven wins, or why bother with the change -- or would the same amount of wins be an acceptable result based on more balance and harmony (and fun) in performance?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n125042 said:

We barely won games also. What makes me think it could be a stretch is I don't think we are that talented on offense compared to some SEC teams. We look to have 6 tough games again. Winning 4 of them will be a feat that is for sure.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
jaywalker72;n125051 said:
Pssh -- one does not need such reasoned answers! Surely the expectation is more than seven wins, or why bother with the change -- or would the same amount of wins be an acceptable result based on more balance and harmony (and fun) in performance?

I stick by my prediction of more than one and less than all.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
We were a drooped pass to Westbrook, a missed FG and a blocked punt away from a 10 win season this year. Nothing less than 10 wins next year will do.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n125059 said:
We were a drooped pass to Westbrook, a missed FG and a blocked punt away from a 10 win season this year. Nothing less than 10 wins next year will do.

But we were also just a couple of plays away from losing to KY and Tenn.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'll wait to see if we find anyone to play OL. If we roll out Mary T. Moore, Rod Johnson, and 3 tuba players, I'm not going to be too optimistic.

BoomTown

Founding Member
Mc's Red Headed Stepchild
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Compared to this year, OLine will almost certainly be down, Defense will most likely be down, QB will be up, Level of Competition will be up a little (It's always tough), Offensive Scheme will be up... 8-4 with a product that's fun to watch again will be acceptable. 2016 is when it counts (a DECADE after Meyer's first MNC :headslap:)

Crunchtime

Sep 18, 2014
I think it is much more about QB development than new scheme or anything "transcendent" that coach does. If Coach can develop our QB to be truly capable of reading a defense and throwing the right guy....we should compete for the east. I am still at a complete lose for why would could not do this.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'll wait till after we see how we do in recruiting and after the spring game. For now I'll say UF, with a decent HC, should always win 8-9 games minimum. Those should be the down years, Championships should be the norm. He'll get a year or two for the transition then after that it better be business as usual in Atlanta annually.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
If we had 1/2 of an offense this year we could have done well. I know its going to take a good staff and some recruiting but I feel like 8-9 wins next year and playing in atlanta the next year.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Being that a good coach could have gotten 9-10 wins and a trip to Atlanta out of this bunch, I don't think it's unreasonable at all to think that UF will get at least 9 wins next year, maybe more if the O-line plays decently.

Defense should be fine with LB being the only question mark. Lots of good players on the D-line and secondary. Offense will be better next year for sure. How much better depends on the O-line which will probably be the weakest unit. RB will be good, WR play should be improved, and I think we'll see major improvement at the QB position with proably Grier as the starter unless Harris improves on his accuracy. Hopefully Goolsby will devolope into a decent player. McGee probably is gone, but it would be awesome if he got the medical redshirt and stayed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator