Win/Loss Record expectations for 2015

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GMDGATOR;n209385 said:
We should pull the pre 2014 thread on this.... Compare dreamers and reality posters.

Based on mine that would put us at about 4-8 this upcoming season I think since I am saying about 7-5.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n209455 said:
So now that muschamps gone everyone expects us to suck even worse?

If Rod Johnson and Trip Thurman were healthy, then I would predict at least 10 wins and the eastern division title, but with this O-line, they will most likely be a 6 or 7 win team.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Our first team offense moved the ball like we were playing against air. If we get Thurman back and a couple of these freshmen will be able to contribute. If we can get 8-9 serviceable guys we'll be ok. I think the reaction from some of you are so dramatic is because you seen our walk ons go against our starters. In the fall, that won't be the case. Not to mention grier was would have been perfect for the day if there wasn't 2 drops. I'm saying national championship but there's no reason we should be as bad as some of you are saying.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB;n209470 said:
but with this O-line, they will most likely be a 6 or 7 win team.

I think that's possible with a few lucky bounces AND if the starters on our O-Line stay healthy.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I predict we win every game we outscore the opponent and our win-loss record will reflect that.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n209481 said:
Our first team offense moved the ball like we were playing against air. If we get Thurman back and a couple of these freshmen will be able to contribute. If we can get 8-9 serviceable guys we'll be ok. I think the reaction from some of you are so dramatic is because you seen our walk ons go against our starters. In the fall, that won't be the case. Not to mention grier was would have been perfect for the day if there wasn't 2 drops. I'm saying national championship but there's no reason we should be as bad as some of you are saying.

To me the main problem is the defense played to help the offense out and it still looked like it is going to have major issues. It reminded me of the 2012 offense even though the formations might have differed. That quick throw stuff is going to get blown up a lot when opposing SEC teams have 8 in the box.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n209699 said:
That quick throw stuff is going to get blown up a lot when opposing SEC teams have 8 in the box.

How? The quick pass is what you do when they load the box. It gets the ball out quick and pass a majority of the defenders? Should we be throwing the ball deep where it takes time to set up?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n209701 said:
How? The quick pass is what you do when they load the box. It gets the ball out quick and pass a majority of the defenders? Should we be throwing the ball deep where it takes time to set up?

I hope we mix it up more and develop some mid routes to attack the middle of the field more as that would probably help with the loading of the box more than just throwing a bunch of real quick short stuff where its crowded many times.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n209707 said:
I hope we mix it up more and develop some mid routes to attack the middle of the field more as that would probably help with the loading of the box more than just throwing a bunch of real quick short stuff where its crowded many times.

How is it crowded out in the flats? Do you only think quick routes are slants ran right at the LBs?

Dec 10, 2014
WobbleGator;n209701 said:

Agree. I just hate the thought of more short passes. The Muschamp era. You either threw it five yards or 50 yards.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n209712 said:
How is it crowded out in the flats? Do you only think quick routes are slants ran right at the LBs?

Go watch some of the tape on us- the teams start keying in on that stuff and start jumping routes etc. when you are not a threat to do much else passing.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n209715 said:
Go watch some of the tape on us- the teams start keying in on that stuff and start jumping routes etc. when you are not a threat to do much else passing.

That is what double moves are for.

Also the TE's are going to be used more in the passing game this year, which will help open up the field more and cut down on the pass rush.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n209716 said:
That is what double moves are for.

Also the TE's are going to be used more in the passing game this year, which will help open up the field more and cut down on the pass rush.

He is pretty creative with TEs but it didnt slow it down a whole lot in 2012 when we were actually using the TE to catch the ball. I think this is going to end up like McElwain's first season at CSU where the offense was terrible because he didn't have the personnel but really take off in 2016.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n209718 said:
He is pretty creative with TEs but it didnt slow it down a whole lot in 2012 when we were actually using the TE to catch the ball. I think this is going to end up like McElwain's first season at CSU where the offense was terrible because he didn't have the personnel but really take off in 2016.

Stop trying to use Muschamp's offense to explain what Mac's offense will do. It doesn't work.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
i think everyone will agree that this season will hinge on the OLine. After seeing the OLine in the O&B game, does anyone expect a huge season? Now if Ivey plays like that Bama freshman, and we get some other Freshmen (RS & True) to step up or some surprise transfers, we can up our projected wins. Until the OLine can prove they aren't complete crap, bowl game qualification is the expectation. OLine plays well, all these lower predictions will increase.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
I am going to say 10 wins and we might have a chance to play for the SECCG. If our OL improves as well as the QB and WRs we can win 11 or more.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n209722 said:
i think everyone will agree that this season will hinge on the OLine. After seeing the OLine in the O&B game, does anyone expect a huge season? Now if Ivey plays like that Bama freshman, and we get some other Freshmen (RS & True) to step up or some surprise transfers, we can up our projected wins. Until the OLine can prove they aren't complete crap, bowl game qualification is the expectation. OLine plays well, all these lower predictions will increase.

This is the bottom line, We'll get over a few drops, the occasional fumble or INT, but every game will go as the Oline plays. When they struggle, the offense will struggle, when they hang in there, we'll be in that game. Of course keeping a starting line together will help a lot, so staying healthy will be a big factor, the wildcard to each game will be those critical 3rd down plays, can we keep a drive alive. Will the line hold up when we are facing that 3rd and long..

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator