Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I updated mine to the Windows 10 anniversary last night. Painless

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
While I didn't have any problems with the updating to the Anniversary Windows 10 or any problems since with it I will hold off on updating my wife's laptop. There are people reporting various problems with their computers after updating. By the way my computer didn't upgrade to the Anniversary Windows 10 on it's own but I did a forced upgrade. Hold off right now and wait for more testing. :)

pilot-in-fla

Deplorable
Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2015
I've got a couple of inexpensive systems that only have 32gb solid state C drives. Not really a problem as you can inexpensively add microSDs of 64gb or more. But the problem is that you need 20gb free space to upgrade to Anniversary edition on the main drive. I've not really seen anyone come up with a fix for that but I'm sure many people are affected. I've downloaded the ISO version of the Anniversary edition and am going to try to install from that.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Must be 64 bit OS but I think burning the ISO will solve your problem. I would do a complete back-up because if you can't come up with 5 or 6 GB then you might have to do a clean install. But it should install on about 3.5 GB when you aren't upgrading from the internet.

pilot-in-fla

Deplorable
Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2015
Installing from the ISO did the trick. I downloaded the ISO to the microSD drive, mounted it in File Explorer and then just ran the setup.exe. Seemed to be much faster as well.

I was getting the 20 gb required error when I tried to install using Windows Update. From what I'm reading, it is supposed to be "only" 16gb for the 32bit version of Windows 10. I have no idea why the requirement is so high and I'm sure it is going to give a lot of people fits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator