Wine - Don't mix your bottles with her bottles

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Went back 3 pages and didn’t see the wine thread.

Its on this same page; get your eyes checked.

Not had their Barolo, but had a Nebbiolo from La Sacresta Good stuff.

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
I was actually awarded a bottle of MD 20/20 grape wine in 1990. It was called "The Wine of the Century", but I am surprised Mad Dog made it out of the 20th century. I can't reveal what what the award was for......but I keep the wine on my trophy case. Those were the days!!!!

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sooo... I was given a bottle of Wren Hop Skeleton Slide 2017 Pinot Noir for my birthday from a buddy. I brought home and put it on the rack with my wife’s stash that included 12 other bottles. Last night I look over and she’s cracking open the Wren Hop bottle. I’m like WTF. She drank almost the entire bottle minus my sip.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Sooo... I was given a bottle of Wren Hop Skeleton Slide 2017 Pinot Noir for my birthday from a buddy. I brought home and put it on the rack with my wife’s stash that included 12 other bottles. Last night I look over and she’s cracking open the Wren Hop bottle. I’m like WTF. She drank almost the entire bottle minus my sip.
She probably remembered you hate Pinot and wanted to do you a favor by getting rid of it.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Great and Pinot Noir don’t go together.
So I was told by wine rep, whose flagship was merlot, an interesting story about Pinot Noir and why it sucks. So I go to a wine tasting at Tipple's in G'ville a good many years back, when Matt still owned it. Got to talking with a Shafer rep and told him I hated merlot. He assured me I just never had a good merlot, and poured me their merlot. It was good, but needed to cellar for 2-5 yrs, but it was good, and at $80 I understood why. Then he poured me their high end $300+ merlot, and I was done. Nope I don't hate merlot, I hate shytty merlot.

He laughed and said, well back in the 50's or so, some way long time ago, merlot was popular. So a bunch of shytty farmers started growing shytty merlot vines on shytty land....well not shytty land, but land better suited for something else. And poof, shytty merlot all over the place. Then the movie Sideways comes out and every pair of tits is crazy about pinot noir. Do you like pinot noir?

Me: no, pinot is too thin and fragile. most of the time it has this dank note to it. But I have had good Pinot Noir, and I do like the good ones.

Well, there's a lot of shytty pinot noir on the market now because of Sideways. So all of those shytty farmer growing shytty merlot vines, ripped them up and planted pinot noir and started making shytty pinot noir.

Then after a couple snide comments about people acting like douchebags while drinking their wine, he poured me a full pour of the $300 good merlot and I went about my evening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.