Winners and losers from the OBG

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
[video]http://florida.247sports.com/Article/Winners-and-Losers-from-the-Orange-Blue-Debut-36747670[/video]

No love for the "First Team" OL who got punked by our walkons.

cornbread

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
not looking good for the good guys, Foley and Muschamp suck balls for doing this to our program

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Reading that about some of the starting O linemen is not good.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'd say the loser of the spring game is gator fever. Grier looked better than Harris

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Martez Ivey will come in and play right away. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sandifer get a real look at playing too. Too bad Horton bailed, he was supposed to be the next best ready after Ivey

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Obviously I expected the OL depth to be an issue. I knew we would be in trouble once the first team guys got banged up. I didn't really expected the starters to be this terrible.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TE's were a pleasant surprise, we are going to need them making catches because we aren't seeing it from the receivers. QB's and RB's will be in trouble with the oline like it is now.

We're going to get a couple of offensive linemen who aren't NFL caliber but are serviceable, who graduated and will be eligible to transfer and play for us.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n208567 said:
I'd say the loser of the spring game is gator fever. Grier looked better than Harris

Funny. We will see how Grier looks under real SEC pressure. Hopefully he adapts well but you never know until SEC play starts.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;208572 said:
Martez Ivey will come in and play right away. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sandifer get a real look at playing too. Too bad Horton bailed, he was supposed to be the next best ready after Ivey

Sandifer and Tyler could be starting guards be the end of the season.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Winner: We have a HC that understands Offense.
Loser: Our previous HC that didn't understand Offense.

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not nearly as worried as a lot of you guys. I'm really optimistic honestly. Last year we were a few plays here, and there from winning 10 games. The offense can only get better. It can't get any worse. I know we should expect 6-8 wins this year, but I wouldn't be surprised if we win 10 games this year.

Schedule :

New Mexico State = Win
East Carolina Pirates = Win
Kentucky = Win
Tennessee = Yes they are recruiting well, but it's in the swamp so I'm going with Win
Ole Miss = Same as above. In the swamp. We will have momentum. So win.
Missouri = They are losing key guys on the defensive side of the ball, and Mauty Mauk is reckless with the ball. This will be the year we won't lose to a inferior Missouri team because of lame duck coaching. So Win
LSU = 50/50 here because of home field advantage. On one hand they have a awful qb, and on the other they have a good RB and solid defense as always.
UGA = New qb, and losing some guys on defense. Should win, but Chubb is a beast. 50/50 here as well.
Vandy = Win
USC = We should win. They lost Dylan Thompson, and Mike Davis. But I'll never underestimate the OBC.
FL. Alantic = Win
FSU = They are losing a ton of players. And in the swamp. So win of course.

So 8-9 win's is realistic. But if we get a few lucky bounces, and the O-line holds up 10-11 win's is obtainable.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n208584 said:
Obviously I expected the OL depth to be an issue. I knew we would be in trouble once the first team guys got banged up. I didn't really expected the starters to be this terrible.
Yeah, as my father always said, "The line leaks." The only "upside" to this fiasco is the experience the babies are going to get by having to play their freshman year.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n208585 said:
We're going to get a couple of offensive linemen who aren't NFL caliber but are serviceable, who graduated and will be eligible to transfer and play for us.

I sure hope you're right! That's what I've been hoping for all spring.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
The online issues have me concerned about Summers. He was the only coach retained because McElwain thought he was good. But DJ Humphries is apparently a first round draft pick that somebody managed to make look like garbage for 3 years at UF. If you're making NFL talent look that bad you have to be doing something wrong.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
There is no way that any QB or RB looks good behind the OL we have. The injuries to Thurman and Johnson are huge... we could not afford that and if Johnson doesn't make it back (I doubt he is back for the start of season) then we are really hurting. I know Ivey is a 5*, but the kid is underweight right now to be an SEC starter.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n208621 said:
The online issues have me concerned about Summers. He was the only coach retained because McElwain thought he was good. But DJ Humphries is apparently a first round draft pick that somebody managed to make look like garbage for 3 years at UF. If you're making NFL talent look that bad you have to be doing something wrong.

Humphries is going 1st round because scouts are enamored with the player he will be, not the player he is currently.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n208621 said:

Summers only had Humphries for one year, that's not enough to clear out the other years of bad coaching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.