Wisconsin HC Gary Andersen taking Oregon State job

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
t-gator;n129675 said:
Muschamp probably would be a good fit at wiscy but I doubt he gets a look

Why? He's a terrible head football coach. Why would Wisconsin want to hire a terrible head football coach? Because he handled his firing at Florida well?

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Could it be the looming presence of AD and former Wisky HC Barry Alvarez? ESPN's take

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n129538 said:
What a dump of a job Wisconsin must be. Beliema bolts for Arkansas, now Anderson in only year two bolts for Oregon State? I've read that Alvarez is a tough AD to work for, seems like there's some truth to that.

That was my initial thought on Alvarez as well. Bielema was in a pretty comfortable spot there, and bolted for lowly Arkansas.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah apparently there's a small statue of Alverez in the HC office. Gotta be weird.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Why doesn't Alvarez just go back to coaching the team? It's a bad situation to put a coach into. First, they have to run HIS offense, then he probably micromanages them to death. If Wisconsin ever wants to get another decent coach the Prez needs to step in and put a stop to this crap. Start by firing Alvarez. Publicly. Make him walk out of a room full of people in disgrace, with tomatoes and other objects being hurled at him.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n129720 said:
Why doesn't Alvarez just go back to coaching the team? It's a bad situation to put a coach into. First, they have to run HIS offense, then he probably micromanages them to death. If Wisconsin ever wants to get another decent coach the Prez needs to step in and put a stop to this crap. Start by firing Alvarez. Publicly. Make him walk out of a room full of people in disgrace, with tomatoes and other objects being hurled at him.
Barry knows where the bodies are buried.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
B4h15w_CMAAqgQb.jpg

A statue of your boss in your office. Never seen anything like it.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks. Things are harder on me ever since my company blocked all sites with the word "chat" in it. Have to post from my phone and don't have taptalk.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n129734 said:
Thanks. Things are harder on me ever since my company blocked all sites with the word "chat" in it. Have to post from my phone and don't have taptalk.
So get tapatalk. It's free.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's Barry.
"The following Monday, Andersen said Gordon was bothered by a hip flexor injury during the game – something he did not divulge that night. And he didn’t sound very happy divulging it two days later, either.

“I don't quite frankly think it's anybody's business to pass that on to somebody after the game,” Andersen said. “But apparently it is because that's what I was told to do.”
I'm
There’s only one person who could tell the head coach how to handle a player injury – Alvarez."

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n129739 said:
It's Barry.
"The following Monday, Andersen said Gordon was bothered by a hip flexor injury during the game – something he did not divulge that night. And he didn’t sound very happy divulging it two days later, either.

“I don't quite frankly think it's anybody's business to pass that on to somebody after the game,” Andersen said. “But apparently it is because that's what I was told to do.”
I'm
There’s only one person who could tell the head coach how to handle a player injury – Alvarez."

I hadn't looked at Andersen too extensively, but everything pointed to a high character guy who could coach. This quote makes me feel more confident about him with the coaching change. The more I hear about the guy, the more of a fan I become. Screw Alvarez...sounds like a megalomaniac...if that's the right word

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
williston_gator;n129734 said:

I hate when that happens. Same thing happened to me when I used to work. Then people started using their cell phones a lot so they said you couldn't have a cell while working. Took it to corporate HR and they issued a hands off policy on me so I couldn't be fired. Funny stuff.
Alvarez is known to be very hands on at Whisky and was probably very embarrassed by the huge loss. It was probably a stupid move on his part being that Michigan is still looking for a coach. I mean where would you rather coach if given the chance ? I'm sure UM can probably double what Wisc. can pay.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n129631 said:
Dude loves Beavers. I guess there's nothing more to say.

Legal weed may come into play too. Beavers and weed go together like peas and carrots.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n129732 said:
B4h15w_CMAAqgQb.jpg

A statue of your boss in your office. Never seen anything like it.

Wow, its his office. He should have been a man about it. But any coach who would let an athletic director set his type of offense I guess won't be standing up to anyone.

Dec 10, 2014
The larger point here is that Nebraska pulls a less-than-sensational coach from Oregon State. Oregon State does the same from Wisconsin. Michigan is putting all its eggs in the Harbaugh basket with no assurances. Michigan will probably end up resorting to a Schiano-type figure. Wisconsin is the latest holding the bag in the Big 10 where the coaching possibilities get more diluted every day. These are three of the top brands in that conference, and they are looking like absolute jokes. Makes me feel even better about McElwain, and I felt like he was great to begin with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.