Wisconsin QB Graham Mertz commits to Gators

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That would be great, IF it were to work that way.

But I would settle for a stable, confident QB that can just manage a game and not lose it.

That's how SOS , did it, Urbs did it, and it worked out. Is that too much to ask for?
tony stark ovaries GIF
Game manager isn’t what I think of when I think of SOS.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I do agree. I think he was very possibly the best player in college football last year. But I actually think you were just looking for another excuse to infuse the word hooker into the conversation.
He's trying to work "grande horizontale" into the conversation.

That will win him major points.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I do agree. I think he was very possibly the best player in college football last year. But I actually think you were just looking for another excuse to infuse the word hooker into the conversation.
So now Ox is talking about infused hookers? This is getting scarier all the time....

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

I think Mertz is a better QB than his stats say. Solid mechanics. He just has some head scratcher misses. His footwork is light years ahead of AR. Decent runner. Great ball fakes. Processes the field very quickly and accurately but fades under pressure.

Wisconsin was behind in most of their games and were forced to pass late. In addition, they were mostly a 3rd down passing team early and mostly behind the chains. Thier running game (and they are a running team) suched.

He looks like a great fit for BN.

I think he wins it in the Spring.

Thanks for posting. It's a long video but worth watching.

Last edited:

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I think Mertz is a better QB than his stats say. Solid mechanics. He just has some head scratcher misses. His footwork is light years ahead of AR. Decent runner. Great ball fakes.

Yeah I watched half of it but came to the same conclusions. If he can hit his check downs and quick slants alone he will be an improvement over AR. Hopefully he can clear up some of the errant throws when hes under pressure.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think Mertz is a better QB than his stats say. Solid mechanics. He just has some head scratcher misses. His footwork is light years ahead of AR. Decent runner. Great ball fakes.

Your tone has changed drastically since being threatened with a trip to my mind camp. Very heart-warming to see you getting your mind right.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I think Mertz is a better QB than his stats say. Solid mechanics. He just has some head scratcher misses. His footwork is light years ahead of AR. Decent runner. Great ball fakes. Processes the field very quickly and accurately but fades under pressure.

Wisconsin was behind in most of their games and were forced to pass late. In addition, they were mostly a 3rd down passing team early and mostly behind the chains. Thier running game (and they are a running team) suched.

I think he wins it in the Spring.

I know I'm being the proverbial "broken record," but adding to the bold part, It was pointed out in another breakdown someone posted that they ran the ball on 1st AND 2nd down something like 60-70% of the time and he was almost always forced into an incredibly long 3rd down and obvious even to a Grantham/Toney defense throwing situation.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I know I'm being the proverbial "broken record," but adding to the bold part, It was pointed out in another breakdown someone posted that they ran the ball on 1st AND 2nd down something like 60-70% of the time and he was almost always forced into an incredibly long 3rd down and obvious even to a Grantham/Toney defense throwing situation.
And, inexplicably, rarely did play action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.