With a heavy heart, I have to tell you that Gatorsports.com has made me an offer I can't refuse

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Guys, this was all a joke. :rimshot:
200w.gif

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I can't imagine this going over very well, but it has to be put out there. I was approached recently by ownership of the Gainesville Sun, who of course controls Gatorsports.com. Evidently they have crunched some numbers and want their forum back. They made me an offer that frankly surprised me.

Broadly, the deal entails Gatorchatter and it's content being absorbed back into the GSMB, using their existing software. That means that the GCMB would no longer exist, and everyone here will be back on the GSMB. There are going to be some people that leave and they understand that. I asked if I could at least be a moderator back there again, and they are going to stick with it being employee managed - no volunteer moderators. It also spells the permanent end to the Political Forum.

After some back and forth, I reluctantly took the deal. It has been an enormous pleasure building and growing this forum for the last two years, but it's time to turn the chapter in my life and try something else. I can't thank everyone here enough.

The changeover is supposed to take place in May. I'll get back to you with as many details as I can to make this transition as seamless as possible.
Props for taking the time to come up with that!

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mac one uped all Gators to today with the Sid Finch reference. Kudos to Olr Hee haw. That was solid!

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
He will immediately lose his inheritance. Oh, that's right, there is no inheritance.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He will immediately lose his inheritance. Oh, that's right, there is no inheritance.
Word on the street is Oxdaddy spent all his money on premium memberships, Gatorchatter tshirts, and parts for old Corvettes.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Guess Ox is going to have to keep the Miata and no more Corvettes.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Damn, I'm embarrassed I started calling you a F'ing A'hole... relieved it's a joke. :embarrassed:
You just started doing that? I have it on GOOD authority he has a heart and is really a decent fella and this thread/his AFs joke was outstanding.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It should have been obvious to everyone that this was a joke from the beginning. Ox would not leave like this. He would take a leave of absence because of medical problems and family issues, and then show up working for the other board the next year. In the interim he would appoint some doofus like urg to really mess the place up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.