With a heavy heart, I have to tell you that Gatorsports.com has made me an offer I can't refuse

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It should have been obvious to everyone that this was a joke from the beginning. Ox would not leave like this. He would take a leave of absence because of medical problems and family issues, and then show up working for the other board the next year. In the interim he would appoint some doofus like urg to really mess the place up.
Epic

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You think he's kidding? There was an offer. Ox came to me with a PM the evening of Friday, March 25. He was distraught. The Sun had proffered $510,436 and a percent of any advertising profits (a big if) in exchange for the return to Gatorsports. He was listening -- how could you blame him? -- but he didn't want to come off looking like a traitor and profiteer in spite of that mean Republican streak in him. He was genuinely worried about what might happen to you guys. He didn't want beer thrown at him during the next tailgate. He had this, shall we say, fatherly sense of responsibility about the board he had created and nurtured into something very meaningful over these past 24 months. He was clearly conflicted but his accountant and financial planner were saying take the money and run. Esp the financial planner since there were potential commissions involved.

Things fell apart over the next 48 hours when the Sun refused him the total control he sought. He knew if he didn't have a board to run and merge threads, he'd have way too much time on his hands. He's already pressured cleaned the driveway three times in the last 30 days. Mrs. Ox is at her wits end. It's probably best it turned out the way it did, but I thought you should know.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You just started doing that? I have it on GOOD authority he has a heart and is really a decent fella and this thread/his AFs joke was outstanding.
Yea, wait until the people find out about it :suspect:

:lol:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It should have been obvious to everyone that this was a joke from the beginning. Ox would not leave like this. He would take a leave of absence because of medical problems and family issues, and then show up working for the other board the next year. In the interim he would appoint some doofus like urg to really mess the place up.
:ban:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
the Sun refused him the total control
This.....
On a side note, if this had happened you ****ers would have seen the last of me. Not that I would have been too bent to go over there.......I can't. Yeah, for some unknown reason that place has a permanent IP address block on my computers:lmao2:. I guess some people just don't know what they're missing...

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
For $510,436 I'd sell every damned one of you down the river. O f course I'd try to negotiate for more before I closed the deal.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
For $510,436 I'd sell every damned one of you down the river. O f course I'd try to negotiate for more before I closed the deal.
Uhhh yeah.....there would have been no hesitation or negotiation at that price. :lol:

P.S. - I'm not sure if the entire Gainesville Sun is worth that. :lmao2:

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
"Uhhh yeah.....there would have been no hesitation or negotiation at that price." :lol:

So now we have established that everyone, even OX, has his price.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Ox. All I can say is don't get mad when we get you back. It's coming in an unknown
way.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This.....
On a side note, if this had happened you ****ers would have seen the last of me. Not that I would have been too bent to go over there.......I can't. Yeah, for some unknown reason that place has a permanent IP address block on my computers:lmao2:. I guess some people just don't know what they're missing...
How the fvkk did you get banned there? Alvin and Sidthing are in charge it seems.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
How the fvkk did you get banned there? Alvin and Sidthing are in charge it seems.
I don't know. I never posted there on the board. I did comment in the Sports Blog section though....The Bowl Cut didn't like me much to say the least....seems he didn't like anyone who brought up his past recruiting predictions :lmao2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.