Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n52125 said:
:headshake:

Some people are too stubborn to admit ANYTHING positive once they've closed their mind. I saw some mistakes by JD and was definitely frustrated by him on some occasions. But I also saw the obvious progress Roper had made with him. Just seeing him get into the locker room, make adjustments and do a 180 in the second half showed me his composure has improved and he is taking the coaching from Roper well. That's something to be optimistic about. BUT alas... as I previously mentioned, people see what they wanna see and Fever's comments only further prove my point.

I should be ignoring Fever, he's the same guy who still thinks Matt Jones isn't a good running back, but alas, I can't help myself.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
Gator Fever;n52106 said:
I am talking about just throwing the ball out there for grabs when about to be sacked. That is dangerous as hell and will probably get us killed against the good teams. He did that multiple times or just staring at a wide open Robinson in the end zone like he was freaking and couldn't throw the ball for that second.

If you're going to point out some of the bad plays he made (which every QB makes bad plays/reads), then you're bound by obligation to point out the clutch plays he made to keep us in the game.
Exactly. Say what you want about him, but he wins games. If people can't see how much he has improved over the way he performed early in the season last year, then I don't know what else to say.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
Alagator;n52125 said:

Some people are too stubborn to admit ANYTHING positive once they've closed their mind. I saw some mistakes by JD and was definitely frustrated by him on some occasions. But I also saw the obvious progress Roper had made with him. Just seeing him get into the locker room, make adjustments and do a 180 in the second half showed me his composure has improved and he is taking the coaching from Roper well. That's something to be optimistic about. BUT alas... as I previously mentioned, people see what they wanna see and Fever's comments only further prove my point.

I should be ignoring Fever, he's the same guy who still thinks Matt Jones isn't a good running back, but alas, I can't help myself.
Ignore me then - But the realistic people need to balance out the sunshine pushers

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
Alagator;n52125 said:

I've been more than realistic in all of my comments since Saturday. I'm trying to provide actual football analysis instead of keyboard diarrhea, but too many people just love seeing that brown/green spray all over the stall.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
Alagator;n52125 said:

No you selectively push a narrative just like most of the rest of us but imo one narrative is more justified just by watching the games

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
Alagator;n52125 said:

Hmmm...doesn't throw very well all the time but wins games...sounds exactly like what every Gator fan says about Tebow in the NFL and why he deserves a shot. Double standard much?

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
Alagator;n52125 said:

No fever all the negative posters on here are the ones pushing a narrative and agenda. The "pumpers" as you all call us actually point out the flaws just as much as we do the positives. You negative posters are the ones that fail to ever give credit where credit is due and continue to only point out the negatives. You have such an agenda to get your point across you fail to be objective.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Captain Sasquatch said:
BMF;n51698 said:
Well, it would seem that ALL of the plays that LOOK like a zone read....he should have that "option" to keep it. It was sickening seeing the open space he would have had if he kept the ball. It's unreal the missed opportunities.

You HAVE to think this is something that gets corrected this week. If not, we're dealing w/ a retard for a coach too.

You ever watch a QB hand the ball off and then drop back like he's going to pass the ball even though he doesn't have it? Ever watch a running back continue running on a playaction play like he's got the ball? Ever watch a play where there's a handoff and then the QB fakes a handoff to a receiver coming around like it's a reverse? All are the exact same concept as Driskel faking the read option. It keeps the defense honest, so that when he finally does keep the ball, it looks no different than the times he doesn't have the ball. If he just handed the ball off and stood there, he wouldn't be fooling anyone when he finally pulled the ball out and ran around the end.
Please tell me more Dr. Football! We have so much to learn from you!

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n52112 said:
If you're going to point out some of the bad plays he made (which every QB makes bad plays/reads), then you're bound by obligation to point out the clutch plays he made to keep us in the game.

Driskel is certainly drastically improved. He is a serviceable QB and might even be a championship QB by the end of the season. I think where some fall short is they want every UF QB competing for the Heisman every year. Driskel isn't going to do that ever and he will probably be a disappointment in comparison to his #1 recruit ranking. But it doesn't mean he is terrible, or not improving and it doesn't mean we can't win a lot of games with him.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
BMF said:
Well, it would seem that ALL of the plays that LOOK like a zone read....he should have that "option" to keep it. It was sickening seeing the open space he would have had if he kept the ball. It's unreal the missed opportunities.

You HAVE to think this is something that gets corrected this week. If not, we're dealing w/ a retard for a coach too.
Yup! And I can assure you I'm as much or more of a fan that you'll ever be!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
BMF;n51698 said:

You ever watch a QB hand the ball off and then drop back like he's going to pass the ball even though he doesn't have it? Ever watch a running back continue running on a playaction play like he's got the ball? Ever watch a play where there's a handoff and then the QB fakes a handoff to a receiver coming around like it's a reverse? All are the exact same concept as Driskel faking the read option. It keeps the defense honest, so that when he finally does keep the ball, it looks no different than the times he doesn't have the ball. If he just handed the ball off and stood there, he wouldn't be fooling anyone when he finally pulled the ball out and ran around the end.
You really do, I don't think you realize that.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
BMF said:

Oh snap. I love the I'm a better fan than you arguments. Where's my popcorn?

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
G 2;n52183 said:
Driskel is certainly drastically improved. He is a serviceable QB and might even be a championship QB by the end of the season. I think where some fall short is they want every UF QB competing for the Heisman every year. Driskel isn't going to do that ever and he will probably be a disappointment in comparison to his #1 recruit ranking. But it doesn't mean he is terrible, or not improving and it doesn't mean we can't win a lot of games with him.
2 years ago everyone complained that he couldn't throw for more than 140 yards in a game at best and never crossed 200. With a WM defense all we needed was a game manager that doesn't turn the ball over and can occassionally make a clutch play. Now he is managing the game well throws for 295 with 3 TD/1 INT and because he didn't hit the deep ball and struggled in the 1st half he is terrible. Funny how a certain portion of our fanbase is never satisfied. Keep pushing the expectations to fit the current agenda.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
bania-this-thread-is-gold.jpg

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n52189 said:
Funny how a certain portion of our fanbase is never satisfied.
I think when we win something of substance again a lot more people will be satisfied. We still haven't won anything under Muschamp.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n52198 said:
I think when we win something of substance again a lot more people will be satisfied. We still haven't won anything under Muschamp.

I think there will still be people who will not be satisfied. Some people like to focus on negatives as much as possible. But hey, that's on them.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n52198 said:
Are you kidding? Do you not remember all the people bitching about the offense in 08 when we were killing people? Tebow and Harvin get the ball too much and we need to spread it around and all that crap. there were a bunch of unsatisfied fans. Even worse in 06 when non of the games were very good on offense and had an OT game at home against *gasp* Vandy and a blocked FG to beat USCe.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't understand why we're bitching about driskel and the offense? It's nothing new and driskel is the best we have. We all knew we'd have to lean on our defense. My biggest concern is our secondary. Did anyone miss how bad everyone but Keanu Neal and hargraves was?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n52207 said:
Are you kidding? Do you not remember all the people bitching about the offense in 08 when we were killing people? Tebow and Harvin get the ball too much and we need to spread it around and all that crap. there were a bunch of unsatisfied fans. Even worse in 06 when non of the games were very good on offense and had an OT game at home against *gasp* Vandy and a blocked FG to beat USCe.

Are you kidding about 08 - we were smoking good SEC defenses that season and in 07. I don't remember much talk at all saying things like that. Now in 09 when we couldn't score against the decent SEC defenses and kept running dive play after dive play people were ticked off despite the winning prior to Bama beating us.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n52209 said:
I don't understand why we're bitching about driskel and the offense? It's nothing new and driskel is the best we have. We all knew we'd have to lean on our defense. My biggest concern is our secondary. Did anyone miss how bad everyone but Keanu Neal and hargraves was?

The secondary had a bad game like you say but in regards to Driskel many people think we would probably be better off some games down the road if we moved on because it appears he will never get it at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator