WM Announces Treon Harris Will Start vs UGA

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
gatormandan;88125 said:
At least our fans dont chant F-U to the apposing team. Pure classless. Not unexpected from the source though...
Don't forget their coach tried to trip an ole miss player

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
GatorTAG;88138 said:
So with Treon at QB, do you think we'll re-introduce the forward pass?
You know I think that is a simple question, probably sarcastic, but a good one. Driskel throws a great out/dig route and those are ones that Treon appears to not hit well. One of these almost went to the house against UT. I started to think that that was a reason we played JD so long (because Roper really liked using those plays as fancy run plays). But what if that's not the case? That is the only throw JD showed he could make time and time again. So maybe that was all Roper felt we could do. Treon has to settle and hit the easy throws, but I do feel we will see him attack the middle of the field more this week than we have seen all season. Not because we are opening things up, but because those are plays Treon is comfortable with (see EMU for examples).

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I imagine they may use Jeff for short yardage situations when running the ball. As others have said... they may even use him as an h-back to help call out protections, etc...

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n87964 said:
What? Do you really believe your quarterback who tends to wilt under pressure was single-handedly responsible for that debacle Saturday? Last time I looked Will Muschamp was your head coach, you still have no running game not to mention the same defense that gave up 40+ points to Alabama and Missouri.

Yes and possibly the worst coach in UF history who has a 4-0 record against UT. You sir, or should I say Madam receive the golden...........award.

GatorFin

Jul 24, 2014
Ray Finkle;n88151 said:
Must have been on the phone with his attorney. 32 minute phone call in progress when he took it.

That screen cap came from her phone. Treon says "don't tell nobody bout nothing." The blue text is from her. The contact's name is Treon gator football

Also that's not a 30 minute phone call. The phone call is 2 hours and 13 minutes.. at 5 am.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Treon starts maybe Roper can open up some of the playbook but I doubt it. Will try to manage to keep from losing it. If no Gurley at RB we'll need to contain RB-Chubb and keep him in check. This QB switch at this time indicates to me that it is for sure over with WM. Stupid Moron should have made the move a long time ago.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Ray Finkle;n88143 said:
You know I think that is a simple question, probably sarcastic, but a good one. Driskel throws a great out/dig route and those are ones that Treon appears to not hit well. One of these almost went to the house against UT. I started to think that that was a reason we played JD so long (because Roper really liked using those plays as fancy run plays). But what if that's not the case? That is the only throw JD showed he could make time and time again. So maybe that was all Roper felt we could do. Treon has to settle and hit the easy throws, but I do feel we will see him attack the middle of the field more this week than we have seen all season. Not because we are opening things up, but because those are plays Treon is comfortable with (see EMU for examples).

I'm usually very sarcastic. But this was actually a serious question. And you're right. It seemed like all Roper would call for Driskle was a 3 yard dig. Even when it's 3rd and 9.

Harris seems to do well when he rolls out and things start to break down. He keeps his eyes down field and hits a 10 - 15 yarder. Im tired of Muschamp using the excuse "Treon's limited because he's a Freshman". There are lots of freshman starting and doing very well at other places. If our Freshmen are limited its because the coaches haven't coached them. I look forward to a more prolific passing game with Harris starting.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
ATXGator;n88148 said:
I imagine they may use Jeff for short yardage situations when running the ball. As others have said... they may even use him as an h-back to help call out protections, etc...

I can't imagine using Driskel for anything but running out and picking up the kicking tee. And he'll drop that 3 times before he gets to the sidelines.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
GatorFin;n88152 said:
That screen cap came from her phone. Treon says "don't tell nobody bout nothing." The blue text is from her. The contact's name is Treon gator football

Also that's not a 30 minute phone call. The phone call is 2 hours and 13 minutes.. at 5 am.
You are right on both. My bad

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n88143 said:

images

C

Clayton Aldridge

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thank goodness. Not sure if this will bring a victory, but it sure will bring some morale to the team! You know what is going to be interesting? When Grier starts getting involved. Who will win Treon vs Grier?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Clayton Aldridge;n88190 said:
Thank goodness. Not sure if this will bring a victory, but it sure will bring some morale to the team! You know what is going to be interesting? When Grier starts getting involved. Who will win Treon vs Grier?

Lets just hope there is a way to keep them both when the time comes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator