WNBA Drama: Locker room Tension for L.A. Spanx

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe they're just jealous of some of the girls who are more popular, but the cliquiness and cattiness seem to have spilled out into an all-around difficult situation. Spanx' coach Derek Fischer didn't help things when he offered to let players stay home during their "ladies' time" every month, (encouraging them to in a hopeful tone, really). It all seems to have started when GM Penny Toler made a comment about Candace Parker's new hairstyle. Later another player was heard making a retaliatory comment about Toler's "nappy weave." Toler told her "You're not pretty enough to be this stupid, gurl." The unnamed Spanx player then shot back, "Does it cost a lot of money to look as cheap as you do?" The nails came out and the fur began a-flyin'.

I can't get enough of the WNBA. The locker room drama, the two-handed chest heave set shots, the sight of mullets in the crowd and the smell of mullets in the locker room. This is American sport, born of feminist Title IX entitlement, and it could not be better.

Racial epithets, a star benched and a coach questioned: Inside the L.A. Sparks' chaotic finish

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Main-image-of-Mullet-fish.jpg

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Probably started the jealousy with the SI article about the couple..........

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I have a friend who is a nutritionist for the DC WNBA team. She says it's ".....interesting." But they pay her well and actually took her on the road w/ them for the playoffs. (and yes, she's straight and married to a buddy of mine)

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
she's straight and married to a buddy of mine
i have seen stranger things............women seem to be able to multi task when it comes to the love that dare not speak its name

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
(and yes, she's straight and married to a buddy of mine)

lol...interesting that you added that qualifier.
did you assume we were thinking that?
I mean, I was ... but...

And of course:

WNBA Superstar... DIANA TAURASI !!!

Screen Shot 2019-10-04 at 10.36.03 AM.png

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
lol...interesting that you added that qualifier.
did you assume we were thinking that?
I mean, I was ... but...

And of course:

WNBA Superstar... DIANA TAURASI !!!

Anytime the subject of WNBA, woman's soccer, or LPGA comes up one MUST "assume"....

Last edited:

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Dang! We like the same things! Do we differ on politics because I drifted or because you stubbornly didn't?
Started throwing a castnet when I was five. Mullet is really good eats and don't forget the roe. Dredged in cornmeal and fried in butter, the white and yellow are better than beluga caviar. Politics has very little to do with good taste.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I cant believe they keep this league afloat with no decent revenue. Well I guess I can with the PC culture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.