Wolverine fans thoughts on the Orange & Blue debut

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They dumped Nuss...sobering isn't it?

He was dump with the whole Hoke staff. Nuss is a horrible OC, but the context of his firing, isn't that he was fired alone. He was let go with Hoke and the rest of the staff.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
He was dump with the whole Hoke staff. Nuss is a horrible OC, but the context of his firing, isn't that he was fired alone. He was let go with Hoke and the rest of the staff.

True but knowing first hand what Nuss is INcapable of...would you be afraid of us if you were them?

Nope.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
True but knowing first hand what Nuss is INcapable of...would you be afraid of us if you were them?

Nope.

My feelings on Nusschamp is well documented. But context is important, that Hoke staff other than redistriputing the roster did little to put there mark on Michigan history.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My feelings on Nusschamp is well documented. But context is important, that Hoke staff other than redistriputing the roster did little to put there mark on Michigan history.
Nusschamp made his mark. He ended their 365 game streak of not being shut out.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
my thoughts on wolverine fans thoughts -
3257f79cc7c80ac.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Nusschamp made his mark. He ended their 365 game streak of not being shut out.
Yeah, he made his mark everywhere.

Odd that he hasnt achieved a shutout here, though I guess the FSU game was a moral shutout since the defense scored the safety. Oh well, he gets one more year to do his magic.

The good news is that Meatchicken has been paying a good bit of Nusschump's salary, and I think they are still paying this year.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Michigan does run that crazy blitz heavy defense and if you don't burn them they will literally blitz on almost every likely passing down. We better hope we can establish our running game and that Franks wheels are pretty good.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Michigan does run that crazy blitz heavy defense and if you don't burn them they will literally blitz on almost every likely passing down. We better hope we can establish our running game and that Franks wheels are pretty good.

Yeah, we might need Toney more than we realize.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Yeah, we might need Toney more than we realize.

Yes. With them having to replace vitually all on D I expect this same type of D to come at us. After Friday night, I agree we'll need Toney on the field in whatever package we can. And also Franks getting the ball to him. I sure hope that Meatchicken puts all their assessment into the O&B Debut.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Don't care what they think. Gators have to earn respect on the field again before we can dare to demand it.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
They probably will blitz most plays cause they won't know what we'll be throwing at them. They'll try to beat our line and rattle Franks into mistakes. Win the LOS, get the run game going and get the ball to Toney & Callaway in the open field and Meatchikin will have its hands full.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why wouldn't you run that against a team which can't pass? (Which is like most of the teams in the SEC.)

Hell, it's hard to get your run game started when they are runblitzing and have two LBs in your backfield before the ball is handed off.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They probably will blitz most plays cause they won't know what we'll be throwing at them.
Short pass/run A or B, run to the A or B, then 9s or screen pass. How hard is that to guess?

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Why wouldn't you run that against a team which can't pass? (Which is like most of the teams in the SEC.)

Hell, it's hard to get your run game started when they are runblitzing and have two LBs in your backfield before the ball is handed off.

Yep but I did see FSU make them back off it sometimes for a short while after burning them but their QB was buying extra time with his feet which a Del Rio wouldn't be able to do if they blitz. The FSU QB wasn't completing much but they were real big plays when he did mostly. Not sure about Franks but I wouldn't trust Franks to get too many passes off fast down field with blitzers coming at him. Not even sure he would be comfortable throwing screens in that situation but we may find out I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.