Women's (Softball) College World Series thread

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yep. Not that stats really matter, and I have no clue if it is true.... but on the radio this morning they said that 100% of the teams that won game 2 of the WCWS have won the title. Our girls will put an end to that stat tonight.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2;n229829 said:
Yep. Not that stats really matter, and I have no clue if it is true.... but on the radio this morning they said that 100% of the teams that won game 2 of the WCWS have won the title. Our girls will put an end to that stat tonight.

Well we ended Michigan's winning streak.

They ended our postseason winning streak.

We will end the streak of game 2 winners winning the whole thing.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2;n229829 said:

Only 4 times has it gone to a game 3...so the 3 previous Game 2 winners won the title? Interesting stat.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
rogdochar;n229815 said:
Why don't our batters stop holding their bats at the fake bunt position and stand with their bat back visualizing the
full-swing hitting the incoming pitch ? That drawback swing puts the bat in a multi-variable swing-start every time.
Also notice that tonight's perfect bunt was laid down from the bat back position….. it surprised Michigan. So it's
counter-productive after the pitch to have to swing back then swing forward. While I'm at it, I don't like the batter
running forward at the time their trying to make contact with the pitch. The pros do not do that. Where did that
idea come from ?

Hoping gators unleash their hitting (slugging) tomorrow night and win it all over again.
I'm with you on the fake bunt stance. I hate it. It looks odd but some of the best hitters in the country do it.

As for the lefty hitters stepping up in the box to make contact it's to give the hitter a head start to first base so if the ball hot is a ground ball they can beat it out. It's been around a long time. I'm not a fan of that either.

I want to see bunting, hit and runs and attempted stolen bases tonight in game 3 from the Gator girls. I am sure Michigan thinks if Haeger doesn't hurt them with the bat that they will win. She is that important to the Gators lineup. Florida will need at least 2 and perhaps 3 runs tonight but that may be asking alot since they will be facing a pitcher who shut them out last night. I hope Haeger can come up with one more fine performance in the circle to end her career the right way.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Coming into this championship series Michigan had 39 more home runs than the Gators and a 38 point higher team batting average than the Gators. Those numbers astound me. I know the Big 10 isn't the SEC in softball quality and depth that the SEC is. But the power and hitting #'s Michigan has amazes me. They have torn up all the staffs so far in the WCWS but the Gators. Florida has pitched them very tough and kept them down. I hope they can do it one more game.

And this Haylie Wagner has lost only 2 games this year. She's a tough lefty who eats lefthanded hitters alive. I want a couple of Gator lefty's to bunt on her and rattle her having to play defense. Gator offense making these easy for her thus far.

Go Gators!

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I want that old wrinkled prune of a lesbian for scUM to really blow a gasket tonight, and cry like a bitch when they lose.

I want our contingent of fans there to, when the win is in hand, start yelling, "we want some pizza".

Go Lady Gators.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
The Gators can play one of two ways tonight:
- tight and tense, worried about getting the win
- happy and loose but hopefully a little pissed off/hungry to try things out of their norm

I hope it's the latter.

We stole 2nd on their catcher once last night and hope we try to do more of this.

Also, if we get a runner on first with zero outs, I don't care who is next at bat or how good their percentage is, they need to BUNT THE DAM BALL and move the runner to 2nd.

:chomp:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I like our batting order.
bad throwing decision.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like Meatchicks are feeling the pressure.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
gardnerwebbgator;n230008 said:
I want that old wrinkled prune of a lesbian for scUM to really blow a gasket tonight, and cry like a bitch when they lose.

I want our contingent of fans there to, when the win is in hand, start yelling, "we want some pizza".

Go Lady Gators.
Like her or not she's a great coach. By the way I don't like her. I don't get your pizza quip. But the Gator Girls are up 3-0 after 1. Nice start. Now they need to play clean and add another run here and there.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
4-0 but it should be more. Could have virtually put the game away there. Merritt swinging at a pitch in her eyes ends the inning.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Hated leaving the bases loaded, but great start for us nonetheless.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Whew. Got pretty nervous there, but Haeger comes up big with the K!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb