Women's (Softball) College World Series thread

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
An amazing team and an amazing coach. He got them motivated to play tonight and beat a very, very good Michigan team. Walton managed all the talent on this team beautifully (notice Castro did not play tonight) during the season...what a great team. Go Gators!!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n230274 said:
An amazing team and an amazing coach. He got them motivated to play tonight and beat a very, very good Michigan team. Walton managed all the talent on this team beautifully (notice Castro did not play tonight) during the season...what a great team. Go Gators!!

After failing to bring home the trophy his first 2 trips to the finals, he has now managed back to back NCs. He's building a dynasty!

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
3 in a row for gymnastics and now 2 in a row for softball. Gator girls have saved the Gator sports year.

Great job by Walton and his staff. To think this team with this not so great and sometimes painful to watch offense could win it all again against such tough competition is incredible. :banana:

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Chew on this. UF joins UCLA and Zona as the only teams to win it back to back. Impressive.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Meat Chicken should be glad we left 11 on and didn't mercy rule them for the title.

We lose 6 seniors. No reason not to think Walton has this program at the point where we just reload and go to Oklahoma City on a yearly basis. We know we have two live arms coming back along with the SEC POY.:chomp: Not saying three-peat, but saying we can at least return to the series a year from now.

And, I want some pizza. But good pizza, not that **** that the so-called pizza company based in that toilet Detroit, Little Caesars, puts out.:yum:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We should send them some pizza boxes with just the crusts left in em.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Scott512;n230282 said:
3 in a row for gymnastics and now 2 in a row for softball. Gator girls have saved the Gator sports year.

Great job by Walton and his staff. To think this team with this not so great and sometimes painful to watch offense could win it all again against such tough competition is incredible. :banana:

Pitching and defense definitely won this championship. We shut down the strongest offensive teams in country while having the worst batting average with runners in scoring position. Haeger had an amazing season...Medina may be the best shortstop I have ever seen...and this team just never quit or got down. Walton had them back tonight in fine form after a disappointing loss yesterday. What a great Gator team!

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n230290 said:
Damn. We win another National Championship. Boy that sucks.

Hey, if it's not football or basketball, it doesn't count, right? Foley sucks

Great job Lady Gator and Walton!

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
TallyGator;n230292 said:
Pitching and defense definitely won this championship. We shut down the strongest offensive teams in country while having the worst batting average with runners in scoring position. Haeger had an amazing season...Medina may be the best shortstop I have ever seen...and this team just never quit or got down. Walton had them back tonight in fine form after a disappointing loss yesterday. What a great Gator team!
Well said. Unreal had they won it all again this year with as many outs as they had in their lineup. They didn't have a bad offense but it was not elite either. And hitting with RISP was not their forte this season. ;)

Congrats to the Gators on their 35th national championship.

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbgator;n230285 said:
Meat Chicken should be glad we left 11 on and didn't mercy rule them for the title.

We lose 6 seniors. No reason not to think Walton has this program at the point where we just reload and go to Oklahoma City on a yearly basis. We know we have two live arms coming back along with the SEC POY.:chomp: Not saying three-peat, but saying we can at least return to the series a year from now.

And, I want some pizza. But good pizza, not that **** that the so-called pizza company based in that toilet Detroit, Little Caesars, puts out.:yum:

FYI:

We have the #1 player in OF Amanda Lorenz (who is such a good hitter and so dangerous that she's often been walked intentionally to lead off the game) coming in next year and #1 pitcher and number 2 player Kelly Barnhill (who throws in the low 70's and gets a ton of strikeouts) coming in next season, as well. We'll be fine!

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbgator;n230285 said:
There's no mercy rule in the championship series.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't care what you pumpers say, this is all on Foley's shoulders!

:chomp:

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Leroy Jenkins;n230311 said:
FYI:

We have the #1 player in OF Amanda Lorenz (who is such a good hitter and so dangerous that she's often been walked intentionally to lead off the game) coming in next year and #1 pitcher and number 2 player Kelly Barnhill (who throws in the low 70's and gets a ton of strikeouts) coming in next season, as well. We'll be fine!

Like I said, reload. Virtually every pitching staff in the SEC stays intact as well. The Pac 12 stranglehold on the sport is over.

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbgator;n230327 said:
Like I said, reload. Virtually every pitching staff in the SEC stays intact as well. The Pac 12 stranglehold on the sport is over.

Yessir.

Just piggybacking off what you said.

We return Ocasio for pitching and, like I said, add the most highly rated pitcher as a freshmen. And it wouldn't surprise me if by seasons end, if not in the beginning, Barnhill is the ace of the staff.

Future is bright.

:highfive:

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Yes and by winning we also win the all sports for women as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.