Won't Back Down 2023

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The UT game got me pumped back up, so I decided to go into my lab and do another Won't Back Down mix. This time around I took the audio from the Bama 2021 game and of course the 2023 UT game, along with the studio version of Tom Petty's track to round it out. If you were at either of these two games, then pat yourself on the back if you were one of the ones singing; I'm sure you'll be able to pick yourself out of the crowd :lol:

The video was shot by The Buddy Martin Show at the UT game this year, so if you want to hear the original audio you can find a link to it in the description of my video. Enjoy!

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
was at both those games… if you want something funny, I can send you my video from Saturday of Won’t Back Down and you could isolate my normal tone deaf singing accentuated by my end of 3rd quarter blown out voice… it’s pretty pathetic!
:lol:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
This is gonna be in the irrational/“off my lawn” realm but who TF decided it was a good idea to start adding OOH AHH to the singalong?

It’s been my experience that the trend was developed by the older crowd. Until Saturday, I’d never seen anyone south of 30 do it. So here I am, on your lawn, imploring you to stop.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
The UT game got me pumped back up, so I decided to go into my lab and do another Won't Back Down mix. This time around I took the audio from the Bama 2021 game and of course the 2023 UT game, along with the studio version of Tom Petty's track to round it out. If you were at either of these two games, then pat yourself on the back if you were one of the ones singing; I'm sure you'll be able to pick yourself out of the crowd :lol:

The video was shot by The Buddy Martin Show at the UT game this year, so if you want to hear the original audio you can find a link to it in the description of my video. Enjoy!

Nice job. And I was able to locate myself - well, my I-phone anyway. I was pleasantly surprised to see some that some of the Tinerc folks appeared to be singing along with their cell phones lit.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I still hate it
I was there for the first one with LSU and felt that it should have been "one time" or "special occasion only"... until Saturday night. With the new lights in the stadium, at night, it was pretty damn cool... the fact that we were pushing their schit in physically and looked like a near "complete" team (yeah, I'm looking at you Special Teams!) might have been a factor as well.

Last edited:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is gonna be in the irrational/“off my lawn” realm but who TF decided it was a good idea to start adding OOH AHH to the singalong?
It was a group decision. You weren't at the meeting? I know they sent out a memo.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How long until somebody digs up some secondhand testimony from someone who claims they heard Tom Petty use the N word once back in high school in 1967 at 31 flavors and we have to shut this whole thing down?

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
was at both those games… if you want something funny, I can send you my video from Saturday of Won’t Back Down and you could isolate my normal tone deaf singing accentuated by my end of 3rd quarter blown out voice… it’s pretty pathetic!
:lol:
I might have a similar recording….. :suspect: :lol2:

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How long until somebody digs up some secondhand testimony from someone who claims they heard Tom Petty use the N word once back in high school in 1967 at 31 flavors and we have to shut this whole thing down?

Unfortunately this could be a prophetic statement since I am sure that there are people researching this type of thing as we speak.

What a world.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I've been at them all and they have to figure out how to shorten it 10-15 seconds. I know they want to be true to the song but blaring it up to the second we snap the ball and getting hammered for no gain isn't working.
Cut the short riff close to the end or the entire last part of the song but the
players need a few seconds to focus before play resumes. OK, pile on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator