World Records

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
office space o face GIF

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I eat the same lunch every day and have almost exclusively for over a decade.

How about this one @Detroitgator , I haven’t done that in 15 years and 3 months(when I got married). Just realized that. Has to be some kind of record, no?

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

How about this one @Detroitgator , I haven’t done that in 15 years and 3 months(when I got married). Just realized that. Has to be some kind of record, no?
You haven't made the "O face" in 15 year and 3 months (when you got married)?!?!?!?!?!?!? That may actually be more the "norm" than the "record"!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
You haven't made the "O face" in 15 year and 3 months (when you got married)?!?!?!?!?!?!? That may actually be more the "norm" than the "record"!

Not exactly what I meant there, but well played. What I was suggesting is I’m still Lord of the manor.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Not exactly what I meant there, but well played. What I was suggesting is I’m still Lord of the manor.
BUT WHAT WAS THE LUNCH?!?!?!?!?!? PLEASE tell us it was a ham sammich (or, in your case, even a Cuban or sumthin')!!!!!

But seriously, I'm wondering what the 10 year lunch consisted of?

Disclaimer: I might be COMPLETELY lost on exactly WTF we are talking about now!!!

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020

Yuck, I couldn’t do it.
I packed the same lunch for Seedy everyday for years. It made it easy for me but I couldn’t have the same thing over and over.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
BUT WHAT WAS THE LUNCH?!?!?!?!?!? PLEASE tell us it was a ham sammich (or, in your case, even a Cuban or sumthin')!!!!!

But seriously, I'm wondering what the 10 year lunch consisted of?

Disclaimer: I might be COMPLETELY lost on exactly WTF we are talking about now!!!

I eat a salad, basically like the ones I’ve posted in the dinner thread, with two cans of tuna. And lots of olive oil and some balsamic vinegar. It’s healthy, so it helps me stay in shape. But also, I have a lot going on and don’t typically sleep very well, so anything much heavier than that I’d spend the afternoon napping. Weekends are different of course.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Yuck, I couldn’t do it.
I packed the same lunch for Seedy everyday for years. It made it easy for me but I couldn’t have the same thing over and over.

It’s one of the reasons why I do it. My wife makes my lunch every day, and dinner every night. So it try to go really simple where I can for her sake.

As for the repetition, believe it or not your body will adjust after you get over the hump to the point that it will seem completely normal. We weren’t designed to eat pizza one night, Thai the next night, and Mexican the third. Until a hundred years ago or so, you ate the same thing almost daily, at least within a framework.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
And I assume you've never been apart for more than 24 hours during your entire marriage.

Not entirely in love with your condescending tone, but yes we have. I tried making it a challenge to abstain when I would be away in NY early on, and then it became routine. I like control and that requires discipline.

I’d actually prefer if this thread weren’t entirely about me.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not entirely in love with your condescending tone, but yes we have. I tried making it a challenge to abstain when I would be away in NY early on, and then it became routine. I like control and that requires discipline.

I’d actually prefer if this thread weren’t entirely about me.
I'm sorry, I had no intention of being condescending.

But you're right, this topic probably deserves it's own thread :lol:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I eat a salad, basically like the ones I’ve posted in the dinner thread, with two cans of tuna. And lots of olive oil and some balsamic vinegar. It’s healthy, so it helps me stay in shape. But also, I have a lot going on and don’t typically sleep very well, so anything much heavier than that I’d spend the afternoon napping. Weekends are different of course.
You have trouble sleeping because you eat that sh*t all week. Try a brick of meatloaf, mashed potatoes and gravy, Mac n cheese and a couple of well buttered dinner rolls. You’ll sleep like a baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb