World Series

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What happened to the Cubs magic? Klubot was dominant on the hill.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
2272fdbcf52d5eef9cd0536c3740e373.jpg

Still a long ways to go and Cleveland will have to figure out a way to win a game without him. Cubs need to win the next 2 for sure before facing him again. Same thing happened against Kershaw and fated much better 2nd time around

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's getting real. Cubs up 7-0 on Russell's slam, threatening to push this thing to a deciding Game 7 after falling in a 3-1 hole. How crazy would it be winning a title this way after this long?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not many Beesball fans here.

I don't like either club....don't care who wins!

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I'll admit that I haven't watched a baseball game on TV in years, but this one has me hooked just because of the teams involved. Baseball is unwatchable during the regular season and since I'm a Braves fan currently not much to look forward to each year until their plan of copying the cubs actually works out or blows up in their face.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm a lifelong Cubs fan, and I'm very nervous about tonight. I hate that they used Chapman yesterday. Should have saved him for tonight, but hopefully it works out. If the Cubs can score early again, then I think they'll pull off the win. Very possible to do since Kluber has pitched so much this series. If it's close late in the game, then I'm afraid the Indians pitching will be too much for them.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Cubs have been insane while playing at Cleveland. Every win has been a blowout. I really hope they win tonight but I wouldn't mind either team winning honestly. As a kid movies like rookie of the year and major league made these teams iconic for me.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's more of who I don't want to win the series. I don't think America could handle Cleveland having two titles in the same sports year. They will get a big head and never shut up.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
What makes baseball so intriguing is the parity the game itself creates, regardless of talent. There are no "undefeated" seasons like in the NFL, or 73-9 regular season records in the NBA. The very best teams still lose nearly 40% of the time, making any one game a virtual coin flip.

I grew up a Cubs fan, mainly because we got WGN in Daytona (before TBS) and before Wrigley had lights I saw nearly every home game in the afternoon. This was when Harry Carey called the White Sox games (and Jack Brickhouse did the Cubs games).

I'll be rooting for the Cubs tonight.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
it's rigged to go to 7 games by the MLB & networks, the same as the NBA did with the finals this year.

come on, really? the Cavs are down 3-1 and come back to win it all & now the Cubs were down 3-1 and there's a game 7?

:trump: - I call BS

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
I've been a Giants fan since the days of Willie Mays. Typically I would root for the National League in this scenario but I am suffering "Cubs fatigue" with all the media love and bandwagon fans and "Joe Maddon is the greatest manager ever" coverage. (Not to mention the Cubs knocked the Giants out of the playoffs). I respect you long-time Cubs fans but am pulling for the Indians. That being said, I think Chicago is the more complete team and will probably win Game 7.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
I lost interest after Ernie Banks retired from the Cubs and the Indians traded Rocky Colavito to Detroit for Harvey Kuenn.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I predict that I will still hate Joe Buck during and long after game 7

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
Great series with two long-suffering franchises. Even tho' Fox Sports sucks, they're setting alltime ratings records.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
4-1 Cubs, top of the 5th. Get the goat ready for the grill just in case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator