World Series

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Damn, I went to bed when the rain delay hit. Should have stayed up. And is this face by Zobrist because the MVP or his wife?
a1a97548ba1828a592285b53e8358317

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm very relieved that the cubs won in spite of Joe Madden's dumb managing decisions. If he had common sense in managing a bullpen, then this game never would have been in extra innings. That said, what a great job by this Cubs team in fighting through and making great plays. We just witnessed the greatest Cubs team in history, and this could possibly be a dynasty in the making.

GTY-World-Series-game7-end-25-jrl-161102_16x9_992.jpg

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
My prediction for tonight. Final 10-8 and on the 108th (total pitches) the Cubs win the WS
Well I was close....they won in the 10TH with 8 runs....108 is the Cubs lucky number. I just hope it doesn't take them another 108 years to win another one.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I had no idea David Ross was a former gator catcher. Makes this win even better!

I saw this also and made me like him even more. Of course I was born in Chicago so I am already a Cubs fan. The fact that I am even able to type after last night is pretty surprising to me!

Well done Cubbies! Fly the W!!!!

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I saw this also and made me like him even more. Of course I was born in Chicago so I am already a Cubs fan. The fact that I am even able to type after last night is pretty surprising to me!

Well done Cubbies! Fly the W!!!!
I was listening to Mike and Mike on my drive in to work this morning and they were talking about how this is the greatest sports year ever. I think I'd have to agree. Cleveland winning after being down 3-1 against the greatest regular season team ever and now the Cubbies winning alone make it a special year in sports.

If you're a bosox fan you gotta kinda grin a little knowing Epstein and Francona were on two separate teams in the World Series. And for extra measure Maddon trotted out Jon Lester there for a bit too

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I was listening to Mike and Mike on my drive in to work this morning and they were talking about how this is the greatest sports year ever. I think I'd have to agree. Cleveland winning after being down 3-1 against the greatest regular season team ever and now the Cubbies winning alone make it a special year in sports.

If you're a bosox fan you gotta kinda grin a little knowing Epstein and Francona were on two separate teams in the World Series. And for extra measure Maddon trotted out Jon Lester there for a bit too

I was watching the game with a friend of mine who is a big Redsox fan and he was talking about exactly what you said. It has been a pretty amazing sports year.

I had no idea that Ross played for the Auburn and the Gators. He played in the CWS with both teams I think. Crazy.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
I had no idea that Ross played for the Auburn and the Gators. He played in the CWS with both teams I think. Crazy
I remember Ross as a Gator...not too much but do remember him and didn't know he played for Auburn. For him to be with 2 different teams in the CWS and the WS that has to be something nobody has ever done.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

This series was a amazing, but Boston vs Chicago would of been epic too.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
One cool moment in the game last night was David Ross going yard against Andrew Miller who grew up in Gainesville

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Grew watching Cubs on WGN when we first got cable in Jax, all day games and Harry Caray, a Cub Fan and a Bud man he would say, drink up Harry.
fe0584ec0f3f1c53ee7c3df583a3ef62.png

Last edited:

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Grew watching Cubs on WGN when we first got cable in Jax, all day games and Harry Caray, a Cub Fan and a Bud man he would say, drink up Harry.
fe0584ec0f3f1c53ee7c3df583a3ef62.png

Had one of those as well. Between Cubs day games and The Bozo Show, what else ever came on WGN?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.