Worst/most disappointing series finales

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Yeah that was the Kirby Puckett walk off....it wasn't 1-0 though....4-3 I think?

One of the worst calls I have ever seen was Game 2 when Hrbek pulled Gant's foot off the bag

Freaking Charlie Liebrant. Gotta chance to close out the WS. Let’s bring in the guy over 40 to pitch to one of the best hitters. Aside from Gant you also had them turning the AC on full blast blowing out when the Twins batted and blowing the other way when the Braves did. That’s just a few things they did.

That game 7 was fantastic though with Smoltz being lights out as well for 9 innings

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Freaking Charlie Liebrant. Gotta chance to close out the WS. Let’s bring in the guy over 40 to pitch to one of the best hitters. Aside from Gant you also had them turning the AC on full blast blowing out when the Twins batted and blowing the other way when the Braves did. That’s just a few things they did.

That game 7 was fantastic though with Smoltz being lights out as well for 9 innings

Yeah I love Bobby and he’s one of the best ever but I wonder if moves like that are part of what cost them a shot at winning multiple titles..91 could have gone either way…going back to the MetroDome up 3-2 was hard….Game 7 that 8th inning when Lonnie Smith didn’t score off Pendleton’s gapper was huge…

1992 and 1999 we lost to a better team

1996 for me was the one that got away…up 2-0 on the evil empire going home to ATL and we lose 4 in a row including blowing a big G4 lead

P.S wow I had no idea about them turning on the A/C…did the Braves ever find out?

Last edited:

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Yeah I love Bobby and he’s one of the best ever but I wonder if moves like that are part of what cost them a shot at winning multiple titles..91 could have gone either way…going back to the MetroDome up 3-2 was hard….Game 7 that 8th inning when Lonnie Smith didn’t score off Pendleton’s gapper was huge…

1992 and 1999 we lost to a better team

1996 for me was the one that got away…up 2-0 on the evil empire going home to ATL and we lose 4 in a row including blowing a big G4 lead

P.S wow I had no idea about them turning on the A/C…did the Braves ever find out?
96 stings. That Yankees team had no business beating us that year with their collection of former all stars.

As for the AC. I'm sure they know. They were bragging about it on one of the anniversaries for everyone to hear.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
That doesn’t seem right….wasn’t G6 the game where they jumped on Avery in the first inning and then Pendleton homered later to tie it?
Give it a read and let me know what you think; I can provide other sources upon request………

Edit: You were right. Game 6 was 4-3. Shame on me for trusting fricking Wikipedia. (I kept thinking about it and thought damn if 4-3 doesn’t sound right after all; and it was. Mea maxima culpa.)

Last edited:

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Give it a read and let me know what you think; I can provide other sources upon request………

Edit: You were right. Game 6 was 4-3. Shame on me for trusting fricking Wikipedia. (I kept thinking about it and thought damn if 4-3 doesn’t sound right after all; and it was. Mea maxima culpa.)

Actually I like you so i must confess....I knew you would reference Wikipedia so I went in there and changed the score beforehand ;)

I normally wouldn't be that confident in some random score from 30 years ago but I have seen that WS compilation so many times each game is engrained in my brain....Gant was pulled off the bag!!

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
96 stings. That Yankees team had no business beating us that year with their collection of former all stars.

As for the AC. I'm sure they know. They were bragging about it on one of the anniversaries for everyone to hear.

Yeah I honestly felt like the 96 team was better than the 95 team that won it all...we had Andruw as a rookie, Chipper coming into his own, Jermaine Dye was our RF, Javy Lopez had 30+ dingers, etc

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't like how Ozark and breaking bad ended.

Less known but amazing series, penny dreadful - didn't like how eva greens character died at the end, that bummed me out.

Finally, hated how Turn ended. I wanted that pompous ****** red coat captain to be gutted but he lived and thrived. :gah:

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't like how Ozark and breaking bad ended.

Less known but amazing series, penny dreadful - didn't like how eva greens character died at the end, that bummed me out.

Finally, hated how Turn ended. I wanted that pompous ****** red coat captain to be gutted but he lived and thrived. :gah:
Penny Dreadful....
No hetero male could watch that series to the end. Way too much sword fighting...

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
Breaking Bad is the greatest of all time for me.

Sons of Anarchy was good until Opie died

Dexter final season was awful, and has been my reason to stay away from GoT. Hate putting all that time in a show for it to end with a dud.

Better Call Saul was good but not great.

Final season of Ozark was a disaster.

Twin Peaks was decent.

Loving me some Yellowstone at the moment. Hoping it doesnt take itself to the train station.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Penny Dreadful....
No hetero male could watch that series to the end. Way too much sword fighting...
Yeah that part sucked and it was clearly put in for wokeness, but I sorta fast fwd thru it. It was primarily one season and was over in the last one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.