Worst park ever

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Thanks for posting as I was going to. I pass by this all the time. This is just south of Milwaukee.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Memorial Stadium Baltimore. Before they built Camden Yard: Park was shytty but the people were nice. Dude at the urinal offered to hold it for me.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
As a kid I was always fascinated with the Balkans. I specifically wanted to see the war torn areas of Sarajevo. Then in 1993 we went to the SEC championship game at Legion Field in Birmingham. I felt like that kind of checked Sarajevo off of my bucket list for me.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
As a kid I was always fascinated with the Balkans. I specifically wanted to see the war torn areas of Sarajevo. Then in 1993 we went to the SEC championship game at Legion Field in Birmingham. I felt like that kind of checked Sarajevo off of my bucket list for me.
Legion was and is a dump, I was at that game. Th basketball facility absolute worst basketball facility I have ever been in is Thompson-Boling in Knoxville. Straight up and seats are maybe a foot wide.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
On the flip side, I sure miss this one! Nothing like floating in an inner tube down the old Itchy Scratchy with a cold beer in hand.

Ichetucknee_Springs_SP_north_sign01.jpg
I remember floating it when you could actually have beer, which in its self is a wonder considering how many beers Ive drank in 67 years.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
I remember floating it when you could actually have beer, which in its self is a wonder considering how many beers Ive drank in 67 years.
I don't even know what the rule was on bringing beers when I was there, but I know it didn't matter! ;)

I do remember that we always brought cans, not bottles, but honestly don't remember if that was the written rule (i.e. canned beer was allowed) or the unwritten rule about how best to avoid getting caught breaking the written rule (no beer allowed).

What I can tell you is there was definitely beer. Usually in a cooler nestled in its very own inner tube.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Legion was and is a dump, I was at that game.

The bad thing was I was still sick with pneumonia that I developed after the pouring rain uga game earlier that year. I remember the drive up thinking I might be dying. My parents had a unique mindset of “these tickets were a gift, toughen up”. Sitting in the rain that night, all I could think was please don’t take me to a hospital here.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
The bad thing was I was still sick with pneumonia that I developed after the pouring rain uga game earlier that year. I remember the drive up thinking I might be dying. My parents had a unique mindset of “these tickets were a gift, toughen up”. Sitting in the rain that night, all I could think was please don’t take me to a hospital here.
It was an extremely uncomfortable game all the way around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.