Worst park ever

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
635952735727897909-USP-NCAA-BASKETBALL-FINAL-FOUR-VILLANOVA-VS-OKLAH-80940124.JPG

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone who has ever been to that Knoxville toilet knows those numbers on those bleachers aren't even average ass-width apart, much less the overweight sweaty average east Tennessean.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
My two worst pro stadiums to ever see a game in are rubble now....

Baseball - old Cleveland stadium....the place was HUGE, and when I saw the Tribe in the summer of 90, they sucked, meaning you had 8,000 or so people in a nearly 90,000 seat cavern. Terrible.

Football - seeing football at Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium....Braves were fine, Falcons were not. The football layout meant you were a mile away from the field.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
On the flip side, I sure miss this one! Nothing like floating in an inner tube down the old Itchy Scratchy with a cold beer in hand.

Ichetucknee_Springs_SP_north_sign01.jpg

Drove by there this past Sunday for the first time in 30+ years. So many great memories, including one of my early great dates with my wife of now 30+ years.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Drove by there this past Sunday for the first time in 30+ years. So many great memories, including one of my early great dates with my wife of now 30+ years.
would park a car at the end and go to the other back in the day. Take a cooler. Then years later took my kids. On Mondays usually and snorkel the whole way looking for lost weekend treasure.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
would park a car at the end and go to the other back in the day. Take a cooler. Then years later took my kids. On Mondays usually and snorkel the whole way looking for lost weekend treasure.

Oh man yes! The first couple of times I just tubed, which was great. Then I got into snorkeling it and it was infinitely better. Felt like flying across a never ending canyon.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Oh man yes! The first couple of times I just tubed, which was great. Then I got into snorkeling it and it was infinitely better. Felt like flying across a never ending canyon.
Snorkeling never occurred to me. It's just a riverbed, I didn't think there'd be much of anything interesting to see down there. Was I wrong? :scratchchin:

When I used to go, you parked at one end where the inner tube rental concession was, then after you floated to the other end there was a tram that would take you back to where you started.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Snorkeling never occurred to me. It's just a riverbed, I didn't think there'd be much of anything interesting to see down there. Was I wrong? :scratchchin:

Petrified alligator turds.

Called copralites.

Alex.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
As long as we're discussing good and bad parks, I submit Grace Park for good (she was in Battlestar Galactica) and Park Si-Hun for the bad (Roy Jones Jr. whipped his ass and got robbed at the Seoul Olympic Games).

Alex.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Petrified alligator turds.

Called copralites.

Alex.
That water seemed awful cold for alligators.

By the way, speaking of the tram ride back to the parking lot, which was always a well-buzzed experience, that reminds me of one time we saw a beaver along the riverbank during our float. So on the way back on the tram, with a family with kids sitting next to us, we started in with every stupid double entendre we could think of about the beaver we saw.

"Did y'all see that beaver cooling off in the river?"

'Yeah, that was a hot little beaver!"

"Well after it jumped in the river it was a hot, wet beaver. Did you see how furry it was?"

"Oh yeah, that was one hot, wet, hairy beaver. Did y'all get close enough to smell it?"

"Yep, that hot, wet, hairy beaver smelled like fish!"

Etc., etc., etc.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
As long as we're discussing good and bad parks, I submit Grace Park for good (she was in Battlestar Galactica) and Park Si-Hun for the bad (Roy Jones Jr. whipped his ass and got robbed at the Seoul Olympic Games).

Alex.
There's a park in Lithuania called Grutas Park (unofficially known as Stalin World) which is basically a sculpture garden where they dumped all the Soviet-era statutes of Joseph Stalin after they were taken down following the fall of communism. That seems like a can't miss, if I'm ever in Lithuania.

Maybe they should've done something like that with all those Confederate statues. They could've taken all the anonymous "Johnny Rebs" that they removed from town squares and lined them up in marching formations, with mounted Stonewall Jacksons and Robert E. Lees at the head of the columns. Something like that wouldn't trigger anybody too much, would it? ;) I think it would be nice. But of course, I'm a history buff.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

When I used to go, you parked at one end where the inner tube rental concession was, then after you floated to the other end there was a tram that would take you back to where you started.

It’s really cool. The River bottom ranges from rock to sand to grass, fish, turtles, etc.

YouTube search brought up some videos...

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
It’s really cool. The River bottom ranges from rock to sand to grass, fish, turtles, etc.

YouTube search brought up some videos...

Well Theo, I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, after seeing what's on the riverbed...meh. Don't feel like I was missing much down there.

On the other hand, after watching that second video I do see how I could have put my mask and snorkel to good use while floating along among college-aged hotties with their asses suspended in inner tubes. :naughty:

Wish I'd thought of it back then! I guess it's true what they say-- hindsight is 20/20.

"Hind" sight! :dance: How'd you like that one, @rogdochar?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb