Schiano to coach Rutgers after all

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Back to the thread topic...

Leaving MSU for Rutgers seems roughly equivalent to leaving Mulberry for Margate. I mean yeah, civilization is great and all but THAT civilization doesn’t seems so great.

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
If the natives are getting restless at MSU, then it would make sense to jump, just like Holgorsen getting out of WVU.

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
Turn in your Gator Fan card now. It's been officially revoked.
Marine, get your sh!t squared away before I put you on KP and have you busted down a rank! There isn’t a single MF’er on this board who can revoke my multi-generational, multi-UF-degree-having, born-in-Gainesville, dyed-in-the-wool, all-my-damn-life Gator creds.

Now, don’t get those green panties in a wad. I’m not putting myself above others re: our Gator creds, but I reject your authority to issue that order. Also, stand up straight when I’m talking to you! Dismissed.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Marine, get your sh!t squared away before I put you on KP and have you busted down a rank! There isn’t a single MF’er on this board who can revoke my multi-generational, multi-UF-degree-having, born-in-Gainesville, dyed-in-the-wool, all-my-damn-life Gator creds.

Now, don’t get those green panties in a wad. I’m not putting myself above others re: our Gator creds, but I reject your authority to issue that order. Also, stand up straight when I’m talking to you! Dismissed.
I can not wait to hear the Master Chief correct this. I mean... not even the right service or governmental department.

@CGgater - having been invited to sit through a few DRBs, I would be honored to witness your “fact finding” conversation with our friend @GatorAuthor and his extreme insubordination. I’m guessing @BMF would like to sit in as well. Might want to invite @Marine1 just for the chuckles.

GatorAuthor

Feb 24, 2016
I can not wait to hear the Master Chief correct this. I mean... not even the right service or governmental department.

@CGgater - having been invited to sit through a few DRBs, I would be honored to witness your “fact finding” conversation with our friend @GatorAuthor and his extreme insubordination. I’m guessing @BMF would like to sit in as well. Might want to invite @Marine1 just for the chuckles.
Yeah, but I'm fluent in Marine. Don't speak Coastie.

Actually, I didn't look closely enough and took off with the Marine thing. At least I didn't refer to a Marine or CG as a "soldier", though. That mistake happens in nearly every TV show and movie and definitely merits corporal punishment or some stockade / brig time. But I digress . . . . I deserve all the ridicule you can pile up on this one. Mea Culpa.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

Wow, long day at work...

Good evening, keyboard commander! Where do I begin? I guess with the topic at hand. I'll ignore your feeble attempt to backpedal in your follow-up reply to seabee.

1. Hating all-things uga is a fundamental element of Gator fandom. If you don't understand the historical significance of the hate, I question the credibility of your fandom. All those credentials you listed are therefore highly questionable. And now, to address your other bumbling comments...

2. Calling me a Marine is both an insult and complement to Marines everywhere. No self-respecting Marine would ever accept being compared to a Coastie. However, most Marines know their history, namely our unique bond at Guadalcanal (WWII), and I hope our core values of honor, respect and devotion to duty would somehow be considered a compliment in some small way. Marines have my utmost respect. Semper Fi!

3. Marines wear the eagle, globe and anchor. The anchor, shield and 2 stars represent a CG Master Chief. I'm not the guy who does KP. Nor am I ever "dismissed." I'm the guy a Marine General offers to personally serve a cup of coffee to when I enter his office (happened recently, actually). Admirals don't make a decision until they ask for my advice. When I walk down the passageway, everyone gets out of my way. I've pissed more saltwater then most Sailors and Coasties have sailed across. I'm never late - I'm merely "detained elsewhere." I don't do push ups - I push the Earth down. When I die, it'll take the grime reaper at least 3 years to work up the courage to officially inform me of my change in duty status.

4. If you don't understand what I just explained to you, I'm happy to provide some "hands-on leadership" at a future UF tailgate party.

5. Thanks for the post! Today being Monday, I needed a good laugh.

GatorAuthor

Feb 24, 2016
Wow, long day at work...

Good evening, keyboard commander! Where do I begin? I guess with the topic at hand. I'll ignore your feeble attempt to backpedal in your follow-up reply to seabee.

1. Hating all-things uga is a fundamental element of Gator fandom. If you don't understand the historical significance of the hate, I question the credibility of your fandom. All those credentials you listed are therefore highly questionable. And now, to address your other bumbling comments...

2. Calling me a Marine is both an insult and complement to Marines everywhere. No self-respecting Marine would ever accept being compared to a Coastie. However, most Marines know their history, namely our unique bond at Guadalcanal (WWII), and I hope our core values of honor, respect and devotion to duty would somehow be considered a compliment in some small way. Marines have my utmost respect. Semper Fi!

3. Marines wear the eagle, globe and anchor. The anchor, shield and 2 stars represent a CG Master Chief. I'm not the guy who does KP. Nor am I ever "dismissed." I'm the guy a Marine General offers to personally serve a cup of coffee to when I enter his office (happened recently, actually). Admirals don't make a decision until they ask for my advice. When I walk down the passageway, everyone gets out of my way. I've pissed more saltwater then most Sailors and Coasties have sailed across. I'm never late - I'm merely "detained elsewhere." I don't do push ups - I push the Earth down. When I die, it'll take the grime reaper at least 3 years to work up the courage to officially inform me of my change in duty status.

4. If you don't understand what I just explained to you, I'm happy to provide some "hands-on leadership" at a future UF tailgate party.

5. Thanks for the post! Today being Monday, I needed a good laugh.

Good evening, Chief!

1. I’ll put my Gator creds against yours or anyone else’s, though don’t think I’ve questioned anybody’s fandom. If you think you’re the “decider” (thanks George!) shouldn’t you either you trot your creds out or STFU? It only seems fair, no?

Again, fretting over a slight from a century ago isn’t the historical significance of the hate. As I wrote, people are free to get emotional about whatever they wish, but I think that one is contrived.

1.a. I really don’t think I bumble.

2. That’s a good first line about Marines. I agree with all. Ooorah!

3. Sure, when someone comes to your office, getting them a cup of coffee is a polite thing to do. You’re flexing a bit much with the admirals, passageways, saltwater, detained, pushups, etc. You’re better than that, Chief.

BTW, you’re definitely on KP now, mister. As long as you’re there, some sammiches would be appreciated.

4. If we met at a tailgate, I’d hope we’d be fellow Gators. If it came to fisticuffs, frankly, I like your chances.

5. That’s what we’re here for. Always good to get a laugh!

Again, the Marine thing was my bad. Sometimes an idea sparks and you run with it. I’m not sure “backpedaling” is a fair characterization of my other post, though. I thought I owned it, but maybe I should read it again.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What the hell has happened to our squids?

If it isnt CG going crazy, it is Seabee.

Are they having trouble findimg a jarhead to take them to the Marine Corps Ball?

Last edited:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Good evening, Chief!

1. I’ll put my Gator creds against yours or anyone else’s, though don’t think I’ve questioned anybody’s fandom. If you think you’re the “decider” (thanks George!) shouldn’t you either you trot your creds out or STFU? It only seems fair, no?

Again, fretting over a slight from a century ago isn’t the historical significance of the hate. As I wrote, people are free to get emotional about whatever they wish, but I think that one is contrived.

1.a. I really don’t think I bumble.

2. That’s a good first line about Marines. I agree with all. Ooorah!

3. Sure, when someone comes to your office, getting them a cup of coffee is a polite thing to do. You’re flexing a bit much with the admirals, passageways, saltwater, detained, pushups, etc. You’re better than that, Chief.

BTW, you’re definitely on KP now, mister. As long as you’re there, some sammiches would be appreciated.

4. If we met at a tailgate, I’d hope we’d be fellow Gators. If it came to fisticuffs, frankly, I like your chances.

5. That’s what we’re here for. Always good to get a laugh!

Again, the Marine thing was my bad. Sometimes an idea sparks and you run with it. I’m not sure “backpedaling” is a fair characterization of my other post, though. I thought I owned it, but maybe I should read it again.
Dude, relax.

I was poking fun, but never seriously questioned your loyalty. This is a sports bar atmosphere and that's how we roll around here. However, if donkey accuses you of sitting when you pee, he's totally serious and you should sue for defamation.

While interlaced with some truth, my posturing was really just ridiculous grandstanding to play along with the mystique of my rank. I thought my sarcasm was obvious enough. Maybe I need to use more emojis? Many current and former military folks here will bust chops in a similar fashion, but none of us take it seriously.

Great Av! I wish I kept my SI copy. I was in HS when Pell and Peace made UF football fun to watch again. I grew up 1 mile from Florida Field, so I could hear the roar of the crowd from my front yard if I couldn't go with my dad to the game.

As for the hate, uga is more than a rival. They're arrogant enough to believe they're the classy team and SOS is an arrogant jerk who ran up the score. The truth is uga set the bar low when it comes to classless behavior and their blatant hypocrisy is probably a huge reason UF fans will point back to the 40s (and even further) when explaining our disdain for the butt sniffers. But you do you.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There's been a lot of speculation that Moorhead may be the leading candidate for the Rutgers job. He actually denied any interest this week. I read that Greg Schiano actually quit the Patriots DC job this off-season (after he accepted the job) because he wanted to be available to take the job when it came open (and everyone knew Ash was going to get fired) - Bilichek didn't want to lose his DC in late Nov/early December if Schiano took the job. Anyhow, now there's a bunch of speculation Moorhead may take the job. IMO, this would be like leaving Wake Forest for Vandy. Would you leave Miss State for Rutgers? (keep in mind, he's from that part of the country). Here's a few stories on it:

Joe Moorhead-to-Rutgers would make lots of sense for both sides

Joe Moorhead-to-Rutgers would make lots of sense for both sides - FootballScoop

To put it as bluntly as possible: two straight 6-6 seasons at Mississippi State would get Moorhead run off. Two straight 6-6 seasons at Rutgers would get Moorhead a contract extension, and maybe a statue.

SEC head coach rumored as potential replacement for Chris Ash at Rutgers

SEC head coach rumored as potential replacement for Chris Ash at Rutgers

Bruce Feldman of The Athletic and New Jersey Advance Media are each reporting that Moorhead is among several coaches the Scarlet Knights will look at in their search. Others include Buffalo coach Lance Leipold, Pittsburgh coach Pat Narduzzi and Princeton coach Bob Surace, with Greg Schiano, a former Rutgers coach, who recently worked with the New England Patriots and was the Ohio State defensive coordinator, thought to be the prime candidate.

Lateral move.....

:grin:

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hell yes you should go coach the Rutgers. Starkville is probably one of the worst cities in the United States.

Not if you like to hunt or fish. Hell, they still ride around town with a rifle & shotgun on a rack in the back window of their trucks. It’s a small southern college town, not a shythole like bigger cities with inner city gang banger issues.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Look, I’m all in on hating rivals with all your heart. I get it and I’ve lived it.

That said, it seems silly to me when someone here says their hatred for UGA is rooted in something that happened 100 years ago. Really? I just don’t see a smart, well-adjusted person being incensed over things that took place 50-60 years before he was even born.

People can get emotional about whatever they choose, and it’s OK. I just think that reason is silly and can’t take the supposed outrage seriously.
@ufgator812 I think it's time

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Lateral move.....

:grin:

Thanks for joining in the discussion (a week later). In football terms, it's probably a step down. But for a career move, I think it could benefit Moorhead - he gets out of a no win situation at MSU, and he likely gets a pay raise out of it to go to Rutgers, if he can get them to 6-6 by year 2 or 3 it likely lands him a bigger job and a much bigger pay day. Either way, leaving MSU would/could extend his $3 million+ pay days for 2 to 3 years (vs. getting fired from MSU before he'd get fired from Rutgers).

I still think the job goes to Schiano, so the discussion is moot....

As far as the pissing contest w/ Author, I don't really think a Master Chief (E9) GAF. Also, I'm a mustang and prior Navy enlisted - and an HM who attended Field Medical School at Camp Pendleton in 1990. So although not technically a "Marine", I wore the Marine Corps uniform and did plenty of humps w/ those borderline retards! (said w/ great affection). I went to boot camp in Sep 1989, just passed 30 years. As an O4 who's almost 50 years old...I'm a lot like MC...I DGAF and I'm doing my best not to have short timers!

BTW, I'm having a retirement ceremony in June of 2020 in Arlington, VA - about a half mile from the Marine Corps Memorial. You're all invited!!

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Thanks for joining in the discussion (a week later). In football terms, it's probably a step down.

Pretty sure that's just a jab at them saying coming to Florida was a lateral move.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for joining in the discussion (a week later). In football terms, it's probably a step down. But for a career move, I think it could benefit Moorhead - he gets out of a no win situation at MSU, and he likely gets a pay raise out of it to go to Rutgers, if he can get them to 6-6 by year 2 or 3 it likely lands him a bigger job and a much bigger pay day. Either way, leaving MSU would/could extend his $3 million+ pay days for 2 to 3 years (vs. getting fired from MSU before he'd get fired from Rutgers).

I still think the job goes to Schiano, so the discussion is moot....

As far as the pissing contest w/ Author, I don't really think a Master Chief (E9) GAF. Also, I'm a mustang and prior Navy enlisted - and an HM who attended Field Medical School at Camp Pendleton in 1990. So although not technically a "Marine", I wore the Marine Corps uniform and did plenty of humps w/ those borderline retards! (said w/ great affection). I went to boot camp in Sep 1989, just passed 30 years. As an O4 who's almost 50 years old...I'm a lot like MC...I DGAF and I'm doing my best not to have short timers!

BTW, I'm having a retirement ceremony in June of 2020 in Arlington, VA - about a half mile from the Marine Corps Memorial. You're all invited!!

Late? Some of us work internationally and don’t always enjoy cushy things & steady internet connections.

By your response to my 2 word earlier reply, I’m guessing you’re unaware of the commentary out of MSU about Mullen when he left for UF. The students & alumni were dissing the move by saying it was just a lateral move & not a step WAY up. They had to figure out a way to make themselves feel better even though they knew they were watching the only coach that brought them respect for a very long time leave them for another SEC school.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Late? Some of us work internationally and don’t always enjoy cushy things & steady internet connections.

By your response to my 2 word earlier reply, I’m guessing you’re unaware of the commentary out of MSU about Mullen when he left for UF. The students & alumni were dissing the move by saying it was just a lateral move & not a step WAY up. They had to figure out a way to make themselves feel better even though they knew they were watching the only coach that brought them respect for a very long time leave them for another SEC school.

I recall when Mullen made the comment (about Collins coming to UF).... but I just added to the discussion. Only a fool would believe that MSU to UF is lateral (which is why we landed: Collins, Stricklin, Mullen and his entire coaching staff)....

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Well, that’s better than those who claim to hate Georgia for stuff that happened around WW 1.
Not to pick nits or anything, but people hate UGA for the 1942 season, when they fielded a team while everyone else was sending their boys off to World War II.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I recall when Mullen made the comment (about Collins coming to UF).... but I just added to the discussion. Only a fool would believe that MSU to UF is lateral (which is why we landed: Collins, Stricklin, Mullen and his entire coaching staff)....
Then now you understand the context of my original reply!

:exactly:

GatorAuthor

Feb 24, 2016
Not to pick nits or anything, but people hate UGA for the 1942 season, when they fielded a team while everyone else was sending their boys off to World War II.

See, I wasn’t sure on that and I didn’t bother to go back and find the details in other threads.

So, in this thread I’ve been wrong on some pretty material facts. My credibility (if any) is in shambles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.