WR Transfers - Shorter & Pouncy

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thread title got me a little worried that Shorter was already wanting to transfer out. I was like WTF!?
tenor.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Pouncy, almost no chance. not sure how well "my coach called me fat and lazy" is going to work either.

Wasnt Cox the only guy who had to sitout last year in the whole country?

as I recall we were pretty confident about that one too.
Don't be such a pessimist! I understand one of the UAA's top guys is working on this. It's the same guy who worked on Wardrick Wilson's visa a couple of years ago.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Don't be such a pessimist! I understand one of the UAA's top guys is working on this. It's the same guy who worked on Wardrick Wilson's visa a couple of years ago.

Another issue w/ this staff is this - getting transfer eligible. Imagine if Cox was eligible last year - Zuniga & Greenard missed a lot of time w/ injuries and having Cox eligible would have been a great option. Having Wardrick Wilson on the roster would give us another viable option at OT. We didn't "lose" Cox, but we lost a year of his eligibility. Add that to the 9 or so 1st year transfers/not eligible's we signed and we've lost a lot of potential off our roster over just two seasons.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Another issue w/ this staff is this - getting transfer eligible. Imagine if Cox was eligible last year - Zuniga & Greenard missed a lot of time w/ injuries and having Cox eligible would have been a great option. Having Wardrick Wilson on the roster would give us another viable option at OT. We didn't "lose" Cox, but we lost a year of his eligibility. Add that to the 9 or so 1st year transfers/not eligible's we signed and we've lost a lot of potential off our roster over just two seasons.
I agree with the criticism but wonder if it’s misdirected? Isn’t that an admin problem? I guess if the argument is that our guys were too lazy to push for the admin to do their job, I would totally agree. It seems like anything requiring effort is too much for these guys.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with the criticism but wonder if it’s misdirected? Isn’t that an admin problem? I guess if the argument is that our guys were too lazy to push for the admin to do their job, I would totally agree. It seems like anything requiring effort is too much for these guys.
I dont really differentiate between main campus admin, AD admin, the various attorneys staffs. Impossible to know which one is the problem, or if all of them are the problem, but it's easy to see the results.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I dont really differentiate between main campus admin, AD admin, the various attorneys staffs. Impossible to know which one is the problem, or if all of them are the problem, but it's easy to see the results.
I differentiate between coaches and lawyers. The coaches are too lazy to push the lawyers to do their job. This would never fly at most other schools - and the long list of waivers proves that. Just need to accept it, I guess.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

Exactly

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
That’s what I thought...would be hard to beat the number two team in the state for his services though

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
He would be the day 1 starter at nickel.

Would definitely make moving Dean to safety much easier. Wilson looked good last year in the ND game if I remember correctly. You know jawja's coaching staff had to be high on him to give a freshman jersey #1 especially with all the talent they've stock pilled the past few years.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Doesn’t matter until we see the difference between Cade Mayes/Joey Gatewood and Brenton Cox

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb