You can't use the word chatter at the Gville Sun

Gator charm

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I was blocked 3 times from a post this evening and no doubt by now I am banned-----here was what slipped though:

We have a horrid head coach but our brilliant AD hired him. He let two superior QBs leave and the Sun made the brilliant decision to trash the message board and say oops, never mind.

I'm going to watch my replays of the glory years, cheer for the pride of the sunshine, wait for basketball and hope that mush dog is all done after next week.

Meanwhile, see you at Gator.........how amazing that they blocked the word that rhymes like clatter but take out the l and put in the h.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah we've known for a while.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yep, the GSMB is Driskeling now after they went Full Muschamp with the shutdown, uh I mean re-programming and new software. That site sucks and we've moved on!

Jax Gator

Founding Member
Swamp Thing
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That board was never very good to begin with.. I looked, but it's not for me...

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I looked the first week they came back to see if we had some members there. Haven't been back since.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Do they also block any reference to SwampGas and GatorCountry?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Nope. Just checked. In fact, they are allowing links to gatorcountry articles still. (Pumpers unite?!?)

They block "Ox" also.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The butt hurt is scrong with the Gville Sun.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
While I understand forums not wanting blatant advertising for other boards, actually censoring out the name is....well....both ludicrous and flattering. If you feel you've got a good product, then you shouldn't need to hide the existence of competitors. I don't care if someone mentions the GSMB or Swamp Gas on here. The fact is, if people are leaving my forum to go to the others, then I need to find out why and improve my product - and perhaps get them back.

So, for everyone out there, there are two other major Gator message boards. Here are the links:

Gatorsports: http://forum.gatorsports.com/
Swamp Gas at Gator Country: http://www.gatorcountry.com/swampgas/forums/swamp-gas.5/

I'm always trying to improve this forum and we keep making progress. As always, feel free to PM me with any issues or suggestions. If you are considering leaving this board for one of the others, I would love to get your input on the way out as to how you feel I could improve this place.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;64117 said:
Nope. Just checked. In fact, they are allowing links to gatorcountry articles still. (Pumpers unite?!?) They block "Ox" also.
:lmao:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I use zero words in the GS….. "Confuse-Us" says: "Dump us once, dump us twice."

CPAGator

Sep 7, 2014
It really is stupid. I find it somehow amusing that they are so insecure that they would block this board. Big evil paper vs. little ol' Chatter.com. Ha! Ha!

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Law98gator;n64117 said:
Nope. Just checked. In fact, they are allowing links to gatorcountry articles still. (Pumpers unite?!?)

They block "Ox" also.

Thats some bull**** right there. Heavy handed control freaks.
I'll tell you guys something else. When I had first pointed out they were doing the '*******' routine, (obviously to stop people from rescuing old oblivious posters unaware of this place -this will become clear), I also said they were likely doing it to PMs too.

I also stated within that old thread a suggestion of BUMPING the 'We're back' thread that the host posted the gatorchatter link him/herself.
It was hot linked and all. My suggestion was to bump that thread by quoting that paragraph so get info out.

Well, don't you know not 2-3 hours after posting that, they LOCKED the thread!

CONCLUSION: Someone was/is actively monitoring/spying/reacting to our tiny fledgling ways.
Someone over there is reading here and we are being 'watched'.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n64117 said:

They block "Ox" also.

After the way they shut down the old board, I didn't think they could stoop any lower. I was wrong. :lol:

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Too funny. Not only does it show they are scared of this place but it also shows their mentality of running their own board.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They screwed up. Lost most of their active posters. Now they're in panic mode. Maybe they should have got new hamsters when a smart person informed them of the need, instead of throwing a temper tantrum and shutting their board down without any prior notice. You reap what you sew.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
oxrageous;n64128 said:
While I understand forums not wanting blatant advertising for other boards, actually censoring out the name is....well....both ludicrous and flattering. If you feel you've got a good product, then you shouldn't need to hide the existence of competitors. I don't care if someone mentions the GSMB or Swamp Gas on here. The fact is, if people are leaving my forum to go to the others, then I need to find out why and improve my product - and perhaps get them back.

So, for everyone out there, there are two other major Gator message boards. Here are the links:

Gatorsports: http://forum.gatorsports.com/
Swamp Gas at Gator Country: http://www.gatorcountry.com/swampgas/forums/swamp-gas.5/

I'm always trying to improve this forum and we keep making progress. As always, feel free to PM me with any issues or suggestions. If you are considering leaving this board for one of the others, I would love to get your input on the way out as to how you feel I could improve this place.

I got banned from swamp gas for getting too snippy with their favorite rival basketball poster (Kentucky fan) So they value rival posters over their own there.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorious;n64174 said:
CONCLUSION: Someone was/is actively monitoring/spying/reacting to our tiny fledgling ways.
Someone over there is reading here and we are being 'watched'.
Yes, there is a traitor or three among us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb