You cried for Franks for months...

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
We could have won the game with better QB execution. You guys screamed at LDR. Now you have what you asked for. Live with it. Also, we threw deep balls. All they did was kill drives.

Those are clown comments, bro.

We threw one deep ball. One. And who says we would be better off under Del Rio? :lol:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Those are clown comments, bro.

We threw one deep ball. One. And who says we would be better off under Del Rio? :lol:
Not surprisingly, you are mistaken. We threw at least two. And I think you know that in a one point game, a knowledgeable QB would have been the difference.
P.S. Calling names neither adds to your opinion nor does it detract from mine.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LDR would have thrown 5 picks in 16 passes...so no...qe would have lost by 28 with LDR
That's exactly what happened when he baled out Franks in KY. Yep he threw a lot of picks against Vandy as well. LDR isn't a championship QB, but he ain't Franks either.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Not surprisingly, you are mistaken. We threw at least two. And I think you know that in a one point game, a knowledgeable QB would have been the difference.
P.S. Calling names neither adds to your opinion nor does it detract from mine.

I remember one deep ball to Powell (lol), which was the other?

And what knowledge? The “throw into double coverage, or late over the middle” knowledge?

PS- I didn’t call you a name, rather I described your comments as clown comments. Which they are. Grow thicker skin.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
I think Franks could be the guy with some decent coaching (where?), at least a serviceable guy in fact I think he's that now, just a newbie. I'd like to see Trask as well - hell give them all an even-up look. This season is shot - we may not make a bowl game (Birmingham, anyone?) We have nothing to lose at this point give these guys some meaningful game minutes. Franks, lead the way and let it fly, boy. We already rotate Toney, how would Trask and Zaire do in cameo appearances. Maybe we can do some safety-valve plays with these guys throwing or catching. We might find something in one or two of these guys. Nussy would have to put his brain in gear. Sucks that it's come to this, but...

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LDR was 7 of 11 for 64 yards in damn near an entire half against mother fcking Vanderbilt before he got hurt. FCKING VANDERBILT!!!

Franks topped that in a single drive after LDR went down, and did it in under a minute on the game clock if I remember correctly.

If you think LDR is better, then please, pass what the fck you are smokin because that's some good schit!

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LDR was 7 of 11 for 64 yards in damn near an entire half against mother fcking Vanderbilt before he got hurt. FCKING VANDERBILT!!!

Franks topped that in a single drive after LDR went down, and did it in under a minute on the game clock if I remember correctly.

If you think LDR is better, then please, pass what the fck you are smokin because that's some good schit!
And LDR saved Franks ass in Lexington

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I stand by my play the young quarterback, cringe off and on, see by season end if there is leadership, better rhythm-get to the line-command of the tempo, of course play execution.... if not, NEXT.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
It appears alcky may have hit a nerve.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I remember one deep ball to Powell (lol), which was the other?

And what knowledge? The “throw into double coverage, or late over the middle” knowledge?

PS- I didn’t call you a name, rather I described your comments as clown comments. Which they are. Grow thicker skin.
I am sure that you can learn manners as easily as I can thicken my skin.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So you've not been exposed to this team until now for the last 12 months? That vitriol you didn't expect to see will be knocking on the door in a few weeks...give it time.

No, not to the team
. I watch every game, and read everything I can find. I haven't been exposed to Gatorchatter for about 12 months, i.e. I haven't been posting, or even reading posts on the site, for about 12 months. I just haven't had the time.

As for the level of vitriol, well, I'm pretty pissed that we allegedly have an offensive-minded coach, and basically have no offense. Of course I understand the issues of 2015, Grier vs Treon, and then no Grier. That's really Chump's fault for not recruiting QBs. Then 2016 Mac had LDR, he gets hurt, and it was a damned good thing he had Appleby, not b/c he was that good, but at least he had been a QB at Purdue (although one could've argued that he should have burnt Franks' red-shirt and given him the on-the-job-training last year). Now we have yet another QB conundrum. I'm torn between leaving Felipe as starter or replacing him with Zaire. But I can be torn - I'm paid to be a professor of Cyber Security, not a head football coach. I guess the question that must be answered is: forgetting athletic ability (i.e. can he throw a pass 50 yds and outrun the defense when scrambling), would Zaire be more decisive, would he make the right checks at the line, would he see the open receivers, would he get the plays in on time and not dawdle, would he be less confused (presuming that it seems like Felipe is confused), can he read a D better? If any of that is the case, he has to start over Franks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator