You cried for Franks for months...

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You forgot about UKs braindead defense too ;)
Do you really want to go there? I was at the game. Both Franks and LDR had uncovered receiver plays. It took Franks about 20 seconds and Cleveland all but junk punching to get his attention. LDR lined up, saw open receiver and lobbed a nice toss.

You can say all you want about potential. Franks didn't want to help recruit and then he didn't want to work hard because you know duckface instash*t accounts. Make excuses for him all you want, he won't be starting by the end of next year, unless there are injuries. Mac will either have to play the game manager in LDR or ride with Corral. Franks has no intangibles and no work ethic.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Do you really want to go there? I was at the game. Both Franks and LDR had uncovered receiver plays. It took Franks about 20 seconds and Cleveland all but junk punching to get his attention. LDR lined up, saw open receiver and lobbed a nice toss.

You can say all you want about potential. Franks didn't want to help recruit and then he didn't want to work hard because you know duckface instash*t accounts. Make excuses for him all you want, he won't be starting by the end of next year, unless there are injuries. Mac will either have to play the game manager in LDR or ride with Corral. Franks has no intangibles and no work ethic.

LDR is good for a few picks a game...why the hell not? He sure did well handing off to Davis against Kentucky though!

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LDR is out for the season. This is where we are. We have a coach that says he knows offense and QB's, our QB's are not good.

Gatorup!

Nov 14, 2016
Ev'rybody's talking 'bout
LDRism, Zaireism, Grierism, Corralism, Traskism, Allenism
This-ism, that-ism, is-m, is-m, is-m
All we are saying is give Franks a chance

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Do you really want to go there?
Sure why not

I was at the game. Both Franks and LDR had uncovered receiver plays.
This is correct...thanks for making my point, UK has a braindead defense, and yet LDR himself still didn't do much.

It took Franks about 20 seconds and Cleveland all but junk punching to get his attention. LDR lined up, saw open receiver and lobbed a nice toss.

Swain was literally jumping up and down...honestly shocked no one on the defense saw it, again, braindead.

You can say all you want about potential. Franks didn't want to help recruit and then he didn't want to work hard because you know duckface instash*t accounts. Make excuses for him all you want, he won't be starting by the end of next year, unless there are injuries. Mac will either have to play the game manager in LDR or ride with Corral.
I'm not making excuses, in fact, I've only posted verifiable facts in this thread..meanwhile here you are shifting the subject to virtually anything other than what actually took place on the field.

I strongly suggest you take a look at the drives and the results of plays as to what actually got us points against UK to come back....The vast majority if it was not LDR. Toney had a 50 yard pass to Cleveland. The running game really picked up, there really isn't much to note of significance from LDR other than the fact that he was in the game, and threw a TD because he literally had a receiver completely uncovered just 5 or so yards from the endzone.

Also, there was something noteworthy, however, the play calling completely changed when LDR came in. Nuss doesn't have a fcking clue what he is doing, and this staff isn't improving these players one iota, what we see from these kids is purely what their raw talent is, imo.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sure why not

This is correct...thanks for making my point, UK has a braindead defense, and yet LDR himself still didn't do much.

Swain was literally jumping up and down...honestly shocked no one on the defense saw it, again, braindead.

I'm not making excuses, in fact, I've only posted verifiable facts in this thread..meanwhile here you are shifting the subject to virtually anything other than what actually took place on the field.

I strongly suggest you take a look at the drives and the results of plays as to what actually got us points against UK to come back....The vast majority if it was not LDR. Toney had a 50 yard pass to Cleveland. The running game really picked up, there really isn't much to note of significance from LDR other than the fact that he was in the game, and threw a TD because he literally had a receiver completely uncovered just 5 or so yards from the endzone.

Also, there was something noteworthy, however, the play calling completely changed when LDR came in. Nuss doesn't have a fcking clue what he is doing, and this staff isn't improving these players one iota, what we see from these kids is purely what their raw talent is, imo.
Swain must be white, because I didn't see his feet leave the ground

And we don't know how much the play calling changed because here's a shocker, LDR can make changes at the line and Franks can't. It takes more than passing stats to actually put a drive together. The QB is responsible for a lot more than just throwing the ball. And if you want to talk about brain dead defenses, we've been playing them ever since UM. With Franks at the helm, all the DBs have to do is read his eyes. He stares down his receiver. The fact that no one has caught on is mind numbing. But go ahead and tout Franks because he had one lucky throw against UT. The dude is garbage and LDR is the recycle bin. Not a lot better, but better.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swain must be white, because I didn't see his feet leave the ground

And we don't know how much the play calling changed because here's a shocker, LDR can make changes at the line and Franks can't. It takes more than passing stats to actually put a drive together. The QB is responsible for a lot more than just throwing the ball. And if you want to talk about brain dead defenses, we've been playing them ever since UM. With Franks at the helm, all the DBs have to do is read his eyes. He stares down his receiver. The fact that no one has caught on is mind numbing. But go ahead and tout Franks because he had one lucky throw against UT. The dude is garbage and LDR is the recycle bin. Not a lot better, but better.

and with all that, all the negatives you point out with Franks, and all the false positives you point out with LDR, Franks out plays him in each game, even UK.

Shifting the offense does nothing when you can't throw, unless it is to the other team.

The entire point being, this entire clusterfck is because of the staff...I can't blame a single player for it...not even LDR, as much as he sucks.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Has anyone mentioned how terrible Franks and the staff were in the last four minutes against LSU? Franks couldn't even get the team to the line to run a play.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
and with all that, all the negatives you point out with Franks, and all the false positives you point out with LDR, Franks out plays him in each game, even UK.

Shifting the offense does nothing when you can't throw, unless it is to the other team.

The entire point being, this entire clusterfck is because of the staff...I can't blame a single player for it...not even LDR, as much as he sucks.
No one said the staff wasn't to blame...keep up. It's not even the point that LDR gives us a better chance to win than Franks. The point is that after two springs and now his second fall, Franks still sucks so hard that the staff can't trust him with more than screen passes and the occasional bomb. If you really don't see why, look no further than KY and LSU. On 4th down to keep the game winning drive alive, Franks couldn't see the check down, and LDR did.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I believe the entire problem reides uncomfortably in Mac's brain, its style of functioning. That discomfiting operation-vision is passed on to all below him, including the players. I think Mac has a peripatetic brain, meaning he jumps from one place of thought to another. As such, he can focus on nothing effectively. With this curse, I'm thinking while his players are practicing play #1, McNuss is thinking of another play, lots of other plays.

The Lombardi way was to concentrate, drill, redrill & redrill until all player positions perfected their parts. I'm considering that our players' minds are fogged with the offshoot plays competing for attention, like a Chinese menu. Bet our rookie QB's mind is racing when the play should be slowing down for him.

That's all speculation but this isn't = Mac's sure got our collective brains all foggy.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I believe the entire problem reides uncomfortably in Mac's brain, its style of functioning. That discomfiting operation-vision is passed on to all below him, including the players. I think Mac has a peripatetic brain, meaning he jumps from one place of thought to another. As such, he can focus on nothing effectively. With this curse, I'm thinking while his players are practicing play #1, McNuss is thinking of another play, lots of other plays.

The Lombardi way was to concentrate, drill, redrill & redrill until all player positions perfected their parts. I'm considering that our players' minds are fogged with the offshoot plays competing for attention, like a Chinese menu. Bet our rookie QB's mind is racing when the play should be slowing down for him.

That's all speculation but this isn't = Mac's sure got our collective brains all foggy.
Maybe, rog, if Franks brain is capable of racing. Speaking of Franks' brain, can anyone teach him how to throw the ball away properly?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
No one said the staff wasn't to blame...keep up. It's not even the point that LDR gives us a better chance to win than Franks. The point is that after two springs and now his second fall, Franks still sucks so hard that the staff can't trust him with more than screen passes and the occasional bomb. If you really don't see why, look no further than KY and LSU. On 4th down to keep the game winning drive alive, Franks couldn't see the check down, and LDR did.

Yep I think the staff is a huge problem but Franks has issues himself. A four second difference on average with Del Rio being in the game with the ball being snapped.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
The staff was terrible in the last four minutes, but Franks contributed his share of goofy play. Anyone who doesn't admit that LDR would not have run that offense much, much better simply won't face facts.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The staff was terrible in the last four minutes, but Franks contributed his share of goofy play. Anyone who doesn't admit that LDR would not have run that offense much, much better simply won't face facts.

Pssst...LDR is out for the rest of the season. Franks is the best we have left. That isn't saying much, but there's just no point complaining about Franks' weaknesses when he's the best we have left. We have no choice but to play him. Well, it's that or Zaire, who we all saw against UM, and he was straight up terrible. Or Allen, who hasn't been able to hit the broad side of a barn in practice so far...seriously, go back and watch the pre-season twitter video clips of practices. Allen is all over the place, only slightly better than Toney to be perfectly honest.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Pssst...LDR is out for the rest of the season. Franks is the best we have left. That isn't saying much, but there's just no point complaining about Franks' weaknesses when he's the best we have left. We have no choice but to play him. Well, it's that or Zaire, who we all saw against UM, and he was straight up terrible. Or Allen, who hasn't been able to hit the broad side of a barn in practice so far...seriously, go back and watch the pre-season twitter video clips of practices. Allen is all over the place, only slightly better than Toney to be perfectly honest.
We listened to you guys rag on LDR for six to eight months, and you can't bear to hear about Franks' obvious problems for one week?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We listened to you guys rag on LDR for six to eight months, and you can't bear to hear about Franks' obvious problems for one week?

It's not that I mind hearing about it, it's actually been discussed quite a bit in other threads. My point is simply that if there's nobody else that's better, there's just not much point in dwelling on his weaknesses when he's the best we've got left. LDR has plenty of weaknesses too. His arm isn't that strong, and he panics under pressure and throws in to double and triple coverage. He's injured and out for the season though, so beating him up over his weaknesses is also a pretty moot point now.

In case it isn't clear, this comment you made is why I responded the way I did:

Anyone who doesn't admit that LDR would not have run that offense much, much better simply won't face facts.

You see? LDR isn't an option at this point, so why bring him up in this context?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb