You cried for Franks for months...

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
It's not that I mind hearing about it, it's actually been discussed quite a bit in other threads. My point is simply that if there's nobody else that's better, there's just not much point in dwelling on his weaknesses when he's the best we've got left. LDR has plenty of weaknesses too. His arm isn't that strong, and he panics under pressure and throws in to double and triple coverage. He's injured and out for the season though, so beating him up over his weaknesses is also a pretty moot point now.

In case it isn't clear, this comment you made is why I responded the way I did:

You see? LDR isn't an option at this point, so why bring him up in this context?
Honestly, "no", I don't really see. It just seems you guys don't want to belly up to the bar."As my sainted grandmother used to say:"Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander."

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly, "no", I don't really see. It just seems you guys don't want to belly up to the bar."As my sainted grandmother used to say:"Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander."

Ok, I guess you win. No point in arguing any further if you can't see pointing out our starting QBs weaknesses, and saying LDR would have played better when he's not even an option is pretty pointless.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
On 4th down to keep the game winning drive alive, Franks couldn't see the check down, and LDR did.
I do get your point about that particular fact....Bigger problem is though why are we looking for a checkdown to keep a 4th down drive alive against Oger and possibly the worst LSU team in the last 17 years? There is no excuse for us not being up by 20 points against that garbage offense that The Cookie Monster rolled out on us....and Mac obliged by throwing 16 passes all game long while playing from behind....We suck and no 4th down play makes us any better than the cluster f vck that has been on display for the last 2.5 years....I'm tired of barely beating trash teams and can't really lower my bar to be happy about converting a 4th down by a soft p vssy spoiled brat that wouldn't get us into FG range against a team with more talent than Toledo......

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Ok, I guess you win. No point in arguing any further if you can't see pointing out our starting QBs weaknesses, and saying LDR would have played better when he's not even an option is pretty pointless.
No winners; no losers. Just a discussion board. I respect your opinion and have expressed similar ideas myself in the past.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I do get your point about that particular fact....Bigger problem is though why are we looking for a checkdown to keep a 4th down drive alive against Oger and possibly the worst LSU team in the last 17 years? There is no excuse for us not being up by 20 points against that garbage offense that The Cookie Monster rolled out on us....and Mac obliged by throwing 16 passes all game long while playing from behind....We suck and no 4th down play makes us any better than the cluster f vck that has been on display for the last 2.5 years....I'm tired of barely beating trash teams and can't really lower my bar to be happy about converting a 4th down by a soft p vssy spoiled brat that wouldn't get us into FG range against a team with more talent than Toledo......
I don't think they trust Franks. Yes, the offense was opened up more with LDR...because they actually trust that he knows what he's doing. Not that he a great option either. I wouldn't be so pissed at Franks if it wasn't common knowledge that he hasn't been putting the effort in. At least not until Zaire came on campus. I know everyone rips on Trask, and some of us think he'd just be a great story, but honestly how bad must he suck if they are rolling Franks out there. If Allen can do better, burn his RS and get him out there. If we don't have anyone that can run the offense run an option style attack the rest of the way with Toney and Zaire. I don't care, just do something instead of dropping a rock on your foot.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No one said the staff wasn't to blame...keep up.
You do realize that just because someone says something doesn't mean they are saying others aren't saying it...keep up yourself ;)

It's not even the point that LDR gives us a better chance to win than Franks. The point is that after two springs and now his second fall, Franks still sucks so hard that the staff can't trust him with more than screen passes and the occasional bomb.
I just don't see it that way....This staff sucks so bad that Franks hasn't been properly prepared, and furthermore, Franks can't count on his offensive line to hold long enough to go through progressions quite often anyway, habits become hard to break when you know your o-line is a turnstile.
Nuss doesn't trust anything but himself, and even then that's questionable, he is beyond clueless.
If you really don't see why, look no further than KY and LSU. On 4th down to keep the game winning drive alive, Franks couldn't see the check down, and LDR did.
LDR has done less than nothing, and he throws picks to boot.
I'll take Franks over LDR under proper coaching 100% of the time.
Unfortunately, we lack proper coaching.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I don't think they trust Franks. Yes, the offense was opened up more with LDR...because they actually trust that he knows what he's doing. Not that he a great option either. I wouldn't be so pissed at Franks if it wasn't common knowledge that he hasn't been putting the effort in. At least not until Zaire came on campus. I know everyone rips on Trask, and some of us think he'd just be a great story, but honestly how bad must he suck if they are rolling Franks out there. If Allen can do better, burn his RS and get him out there. If we don't have anyone that can run the offense run an option style attack the rest of the way with Toney and Zaire. I don't care, just do something instead of dropping a rock on your foot.
I said the same thing at the end of 2015 and was ripped to shreds for months on this board....The problem with running an option is the coaches don't even know how to run it but if you're only going to pass the ball 16 times a game you may as well IMO....Your frustrated like I was...but the reality is our staff sucks balls and probably pisses all over themselves instead of hitting the urinal when they take a wee.....

BigClawsBrother

Lifetime Member
Mar 26, 2017
I think Franks has all the tools in the physical Dept but for a guy that’s been here more than a year for him to struggle with the playbook and line adjustments etc makes you wonder. Is that all on the coaching staff because it very well could be ?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think Franks has all the tools in the physical Dept but for a guy that’s been here more than a year for him to struggle with the playbook and line adjustments etc makes you wonder. Is that all on the coaching staff because it very well could be ?
It's generally team wide....outside of their raw talent, who has gotten better than how they started under this staff?

I'm not sure they do any more than sandlot football when we "practice"

BigClawsBrother

Lifetime Member
Mar 26, 2017
It's generally team wide....outside of their raw talent, who has gotten better than how they started under this staff?

I'm not sure they do any more than sandlot football when we "practice"

I agree. If you look back at a lot of players that have transferred or even the guys that graduated and went on to the nfl. They all went on to be much better than they were with us. It’s all coaching and development problems I’m sure of it.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I said the same thing at the end of 2015 and was ripped to shreds for months on this board....The problem with running an option is the coaches don't even know how to run it but if you're only going to pass the ball 16 times a game you may as well IMO....Your frustrated like I was...but the reality is our staff sucks balls and probably pisses all over themselves instead of hitting the urinal when they take a wee.....
And we don't have the talent level that most like to think either. Law has been right on this issue. We have some talent, but we either thin or near it at many others. If we are able to put together a top 5 class, those kids will probably play a lot

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
You do realize that just because someone says something doesn't mean they are saying others aren't saying it...keep up yourself ;)

I just don't see it that way....This staff sucks so bad that Franks hasn't been properly prepared, and furthermore, Franks can't count on his offensive line to hold long enough to go through progressions quite often anyway, habits become hard to break when you know your o-line is a turnstile.
Nuss doesn't trust anything but himself, and even then that's questionable, he is beyond clueless.

LDR has done less than nothing, and he throws picks to boot.
I'll take Franks over LDR under proper coaching 100% of the time.
Unfortunately, we lack proper coaching.
What game were you watching? That was the best pass protection the line has given since Mac came. Franks causes sacks. He can't even throw the ball away. You wouldn't tolerate excuses for LDR. Stop making them for Franks.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
There is a picture on the chat box showing our receivers covered and saying Franks had to take a sack. No! LDR would have thrown the ball over the head of the receiver on the sidelines. This exactly illustrates the point I made earlier.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There is a picture on the chat box showing our receivers covered
LOL. Covered. We are so afraid to throw the ball. Thanks to Chimp we now think that DB within two steps means the WR is "covered". Guess what? Their guys hold, miss the ball, forget to turn around, misunderstand the zones, cant catch etc. We're not the only ones with suspect DBs. In fact, our DBs are probably MORE talented than all the teams we play. And yet mediocre QBs can complete passes against us.

We could do the same if we had a HC and/or OC with balls to teach or QBs to make back shoulder throws or other methods to hit even a guy who is truly covered.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What game were you watching? That was the best pass protection the line has given since Mac came. Franks causes sacks. He can't even throw the ball away. You wouldn't tolerate excuses for LDR. Stop making them for Franks.
Franks was hand picked by these guys. They ran grier off partly so they could sign Franks. He's got talent, hes obviously not getting coached up. You can't call a game that tight then expect your qb to be able to air it out at the end. Franks isn't being managed very well.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
We'll part of developing players is having someone make the right calls at the line and running the offense. Maybe the OL can gel better, maybe receivers can develop. Franks sucks and all we're finding out is that we have no future with him, but we will probably lose recruits over it. No LDR wasn't going to beat Bama, but maybe we beat FSU and their young QB and crappy offense. Maybe we beat LSU, A&M and find a way to beat UGA. I don't think Franks can do that.

I think as long as Corral stay committed and comes here, we'll do fine with the offensive recruits we have in the fold. They've got to see that they can come in here Day 1 and at least push for playing time if not outright start.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Franks was hand picked by these guys. They ran grier off partly so they could sign Franks. He's got talent, hes obviously not getting coached up. You can't call a game that tight then expect your qb to be able to air it out at the end. Franks isn't being managed very well.

Careful, many on here think Grier was just average and we'd still be where we're at currently,with him at starting QB. Lol

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
eh... there was that redheaded kid for FSU they called 'rooster'.. he wasn't there long and didn't do much, but he beat us .

Looked it up.. Marcus Outzen.

Didn't beat us in the swamp. Marquand Manuel let a pick six go thru his hand as well, the turning point of the game.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
what in the world are you talking about?
How about provide some context as to which game you are talking about, and exactly what "excuses" are you saying I am making for Franks...I haven't posted a single excuse for him, our coaches and o line sucks regardless of who is in at QB. Try again old lizard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb