Your best guess on where the UF recruiting class will rank

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Really hard for me to predict where 18 year old entitled morons will decide to play.

They say things like winning, tradition, development, family atmosphere, and (the most hilarious one of all) academics but they ultimately select the places that offer them royalty level amenities, legal impunity, and fancy "lifestyles" so I have no idea.

Please spare me the crap about anything that mattered more than five years ago, today's players just don't care.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
What the hell are you talking about? I’m talking about when Harbaugh took over. Like 3 years ago.
Thanks for clarifying the time frame. You were talking about FSU's current recruiting so I incorrectly assumed you were talking about Michigan's current recruiting. My bad.

Harbaugh is the exception not the norm. Showing the exception to something does not make it the rule. Harbaugh was a successful NFL head coach (more successful than Saban in the NFL) who was paid huge money to coach his alma mater and he started pushing the limits on recruiting.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for clarifying the time frame. You were talking about FSU's current recruiting so I incorrectly assumed you were talking about Michigan's current recruiting. My bad.

Harbaugh is the exception not the norm. Showing the exception to something does not make it the rule. Harbaugh was a successful NFL head coach (more successful than Saban in the NFL) who was paid huge money to coach his alma mater and he started pushing the limits on recruiting.

Ole Miss went 2-10 in 2011. They ended up with the 7th ranked class.

Texas A&M went 7-6 in 2011. They ended up with the number 11th ranked class. And for good measure they brought in the number 6th ranked class the next year.

We can play this this game all day.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
It’s virtually impossible to guess where we will end up with any sort of accuracy.

But I just don’t think either he or the administration will take the steps necessary to be an elite program. And those steps require getting out of their comfort zone and bringing in elite recruiters and beefing up the football administrative side.

Agree it is difficult to say where we end up ranked this early in the process although many here have already hit the panic button early.

On the administration not taking steps that will help recruiting I have to disagree. The act of physically removing our baseball stadium so that our football program has a much larger footprint and then inserting a top tier football center in that spot is a huge commitment by the administration to football recruiting.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Ole Miss went 2-10 in 2011. They ended up with the 7th ranked class.

Texas A&M went 7-6 in 2011. They ended up with the number 11th ranked class. And for good measure they brought in the number 6th ranked class the next year.

We can play this this game all day.
Another exception in Ole Miss. They did that by cheating and are now going on NCAA probation. UF will not make that mistake again. We learned our lesson after Charlie Pell/ Galen Hall and have not been on probation for decades.

Texas A&M in your example had a better record (7 wins) than Mac had last year (7 losses) and I think Mullen could end up ranked slightly higher than #11 A&M ended up due to Mullen's hard work. That is a guess. You are correct that it is hard to say one way or the other at this point in time.

Last edited:

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Coaches that are making in the top 10 in salary should be pulling in top 10 recruiting classes. Mullen is making $6 million a year to be the exception, not the norm.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Coaches that are making in the top 10 in salary should be pulling in top 10 recruiting classes. Mullen is making $6 million a year to be the exception, not the norm.
My guess is he will make #10 when all is said and done but it is premature at this point. Harbaugh was either the highest paid or close to that. Mullen's 2020 class is where his hard work and the closer approaching new football center will really help recruiting.

The downside of removing the UF baseball stadium to give football a bigger footprint is it will take longer to do. Not Mullen's fault. UF just chose the best long term strategy for football so they do not have to cram everything in a small space like FSU which has baseball and football on top of each other.

https://floridagators.com/news/2018...-football-training-complex.aspx?path=football

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.