Your first 3 HC calls

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Hilarious, the coach hasnt even completed 1/2 of year 3 and hes gone, the AD hasnt even been here a year and he also needs to leave. Armchairing all the way. Mac aint going anywhere this year short of losing every game from here out. What he does this year will determine how hot or not his seat is next year. Until then sit down and shut up.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hilarious, the coach hasnt even completed 1/2 of year 3 and hes gone, the AD hasnt even been here a year and he also needs to leave. Armchairing all the way. Mac aint going anywhere this year short of losing every game from here out. What he does this year will determine how hot or not his seat is next year. Until then sit down and shut up.
:burn2:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If I had a dime for every time my grandfather used to say children are to be seen and not heard.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Try going to your place of employment and so grossly underperform for 2 1/2 years. I think it's safe to say, if you haven't already been terminated, that you'd be on the "hot seat."

I get where you're coming from, but sometimes you have to make tough decisions. You're watching a train wreck of an offense. No need to delay the inevitable.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
cover
law
sas
but they are all on staff at the same time...........
Man, the Saturday nights post game would be awesome! Sunday meetings legendary! I'd like to go on the road recruiting with these guys.

Now, for the question in the OP...First and foremost, Mac still has the remainder of the season to either prove many of us wrong or validate what we're thinking, on both sides. However, the day will come when a new hire will be made (there's always that day in every program), so as long as we're speculating, here's what I think...

I think you just waste time with guys like Bob Stoops and the NFL guys. HOF coaches who are retired are that way for a reason and the NFL guys don't have to stay on the road recruiting. With that being said, I think our best bet is to research properly and try to hire the best up-and-comer available who has HC experience. No more coach-in-waiting guys, who realistically are probably better suited to rise at the school where they are stationed. So my list, without a ton of analysis, would be Brohm or Frost and Gundy (not fair to call him an up-and-comer), though it's hard for me to see Gundy leaving where he's at right now, regardless of the offer.

It's all speculation and sorta fun to dream a little. But truthfully, it would behoove us for Mac to step things up many notches and provide a higher level of success and programmatic consistency. It remains to be seen whether this can be accomplished.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jeff Brohm

Chip Kelly

Scott Frost

I've wanted Chip Kelly since he was at Oregon but now I'm pretty much sold on Brohm being the next big coach.

He wouldn't need 3 years to get the right kind of players like Kelly would.
His offense is perfect for Matt Corral.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Man, the Saturday nights post game would be awesome! Sunday meetings legendary! I'd like to go on the road recruiting with these guys.

Now, for the question in the OP...First and foremost, Mac still has the remainder of the season to either prove many of us wrong or validate what we're thinking, on both sides. However, the day will come when a new hire will be made (there's always that day in every program), so as long as we're speculating, here's what I think...

I think you just waste time with guys like Bob Stoops and the NFL guys. HOF coaches who are retired are that way for a reason and the NFL guys don't have to stay on the road recruiting. With that being said, I think our best bet is to research properly and try to hire the best up-and-comer available who has HC experience. No more coach-in-waiting guys, who realistically are probably better suited to rise at the school where they are stationed. So my list, without a ton of analysis, would be Brohm or Frost and Gundy (not fair to call him an up-and-comer), though it's hard for me to see Gundy leaving where he's at right now, regardless of the offer.

It's all speculation and sorta fun to dream a little. But truthfully, it would behoove us for Mac to step things up many notches and provide a higher level of success and programmatic consistency. It remains to be seen whether this can be accomplished.
I disagree with your Stoops assessment, sometimes coaches just need a break. Meyer needed one (granted his was just a way out) Snyder retired and came back as well. I think it's set up for Bob Stoops to take over at UF now that SOS is back on campus. I even have a sneaky feeling that SOS will be his OC. I also think Kerwin will be on the staff in some way and will take over for SOS 3-4 years later when he finally retires. I think it's eating SOS alive seeing us look so bad knowing he could do something about it if he had a chance but I don't think it could be under Mac. But I think if Bob asked him to come back he would.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My 3...
1.Petrino, If he says no...
1.b Petrino, call him again and offer him more wh#re's and motorcycles.....

Anyone with an Arkansas connection. How about Frank Broyles?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
(1) 'Alagator

I'd love a cool 4-mill a year to completely fail at the main task I was hired to do... and then get paid a few more million when they fired my ass for underperforming.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I disagree with your Stoops assessment, sometimes coaches just need a break. Meyer needed one (granted his was just a way out) Snyder retired and came back as well. I think it's set up for Bob Stoops to take over at UF now that SOS is back on campus. I even have a sneaky feeling that SOS will be his OC. I also think Kerwin will be on the staff in some way and will take over for SOS 3-4 years later when he finally retires. I think it's eating SOS alive seeing us look so bad knowing he could do something about it if he had a chance but I don't think it could be under Mac. But I think if Bob asked him to come back he would.
You could be right about Stoops, but I'd have to see it. Money, for a guy like him, isn't the challenge...its whether he still has the juice and something to prove at a place he likes. I'd love to see Bell back home and maybe work his way into the HBC gig. Lot of possibilities when the time comes. Feels like we need a hero for the next hire. With due diligence, I think we can get the Duke and not Andy Devine ;) (Liberty Valance reference for you tin horns :)).

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
You could be right about Stoops, but I'd have to see it. Money, for a guy like him, isn't the challenge...its whether he still has the juice and something to prove at a place he likes. I'd love to see Bell back home and maybe work his way into the HBC gig. Lot of possibilities when the time comes. Feels like we need a hero for the next hire. With due diligence, I think we can get the Duke and not Andy Devine ;) (Liberty Valance reference for you tin horns :)).
Well apparently Stoops was at the OSU game and was very fired up with the players which kinda makes me think he still has that itch and eventually you've got to stretch it

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator