Your thoughts on our base defense against Tennessee

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We need tacklers swarming the ball. That way when there's a fumble our odds are greater
at a Gator recovery. Plus swarming tackles will cause the UT players to feel overwhelmed
while making their fans feel "Oh No !" and us feel "Oh Yeah".

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
More concerned about getting beaten over the top on a long pass b/c I have little to no confidence in our safety play in pass coverage. We have one very average safety in Maye and the others (Washington and Harris) are just awful.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
More concerned about getting beaten over the top on a long pass b/c I have little to no confidence in our safety play in pass coverage. We have one very average safety in Maye and the others (Washington and Harris) are just awful.
Nah, no worries there.
I'm just a gonna assume you forgot who their QB is - here he is:
Joshua-Dobbs-with-horrible-hairline-e1436920256732.jpg

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My opinion is, we need to play a 4 - 3, stack the box with 8 to 9 to take away the run and, make Dobbs beat us through the air. That is the same D I would play against Appleby.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
My opinion is, we need to play a 4 - 3, stack the box with 8 to 9 to take away the run and, make Dobbs beat us through the air. That is the same D I would play against Appleby.

4-3 D and stack the box with 8.
Anzalone should spy dobbs.
Wrapping up on tackles is more important than the big hit.
Stout in the middle on first down.
Outside contain is key on pass plays.
Backside D has to watch for reverses and throw backs.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Their receivers aren't good enough to get open on Tabor or Wilson. Their OL can't push our DL. Davis and Anzalone are fast as sh*t and tackle extremely well. About all they can hope for is maybe pick on the safeties with some seam/dig routes, given Dobbs has enough time to throw and hits his targets. Other than that, play solid assignment defense and tackle, and that's that.

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
It just hit me that our DB coach last year was terrible! (Understatement, I know) Coach Grey and his ability to coach and communicate w Bud Foster from VA Tech could be a huge X Factor!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Joshua-Dobbs-with-horrible-hairline-e1436920256732.jpg

Is that an active ringworm in Dobb's hair?
Why would you bring attention to that odd hair patch on top of his egg head?

Hell Id just shave the thing completely. And maybe get eebrows tattooed on my face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.