Zach Carter replacing Zuniga

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
We've been undersized forever at DT, but even Grantham has to realize you put your beasts at the best position for them to make it harder on the other teams to defend, so he should be on the outside.
Hopefully Slaton will replace some of that gut with muscle so he can play more than a few downs w/out getting winded. He can fill up 2-3 gaps regularly, but only when he’s on the field.

If he’s there, Carter will have more freedom to go outside

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Hopefully Slaton will replace some of that gut with muscle so he can play more than a few downs w/out getting winded. He can fill up 2-3 gaps regularly, but only when he’s on the field.

I remember his interviews in the fall and spring. He still wasn't doing what he was supposed to when it came to his eating habits and laughed about it. I think it was the bowl game against the virgins, but the announcers said Slaton had finally bought in, that he was the last one. Hopefully, he gets himself in shape and starts caring about a future career. His play drastically improved at the end of the season.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Those returnees seem pretty light.......
I'm actually intrigued by the idea of Dexter as a DE. I have no idea if he can play the position, but if he could at his size, he'd be a beast.

I’ve watched Dexter live several times. I think SDE in a 3-4 or quick tackle in a 4-3 are his natural positions. He’s long, lean and very quick, routinely runs plays down from behind because they run away from him a lot. And he can change direction quickly - reminds me of Carlos Dunlap. If he adds 30-40lbs he’d be a monster DT. No gut at 280, but thick and strong lower body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.