Zach Smith Meltdown, Part 2

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not going to debate your entire post as there are some valid points. But to your statement and question, I'll take a slightly different angle. I think the answer is simply that neither of those ADs(yes, including Stricklin) have proven to be very good at their jobs yet. In the case of UF, we publicly went after the big, obvious name, then according to most reports made a move on a less experienced version of him that again was totally contrived and likely headed home all along. All of this on the back of two disastrous hires, when we absolutely could not afford to get it wrong again. Every time I watch any of last year's games, I immediately think to myself, Mullen needed to be the choice with where we were as a program to close 2017, and I can't envision either of the other two candidates(who combined for 7 wins) coming even close to grind-it-out SEC victories like Msu, Lsu, etc.

So again, there can be some debate as to whether or not DM is an elite coach at a place like UF. But the fact that a guy who gave Jim Elwain an extension going into 2017 was sold on a few others before possibly even getting lucky that Mullen still available doesn't tell me a whole lot.

The former AD and possible the current one are the reason the hiring search was the way it was an not like 2005. That is part of the downfall of the program to where we got and to some point needed a steady hand. But it furthers the point that Zach Smith is saying, in 2017 UF wasn't an elite job and therefore had issues getting the perceived elite coaches.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You wonder how many friends of Zach advised him to stfu, go into rehab and do a public mea culpa.

The guy thinks his future is in podcasting, I guess.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I have listened to all of his podcast and they are becoming stale. He had some good stuff to begin with but now it's him, talking about himself and his experiences. He is a nobody in the coaching world and never would have had a coaching job if it were not for his grandfather.

I want to hear him call out others like he promised to do.
I stopped listening about a month or so ago when all he talked about was how great he and Urb's were at OSU and how they are the best program in the country!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I stopped listening about a month or so ago when all he talked about was how great he and Urb's were at OSU and how they are the best program in the country!

He is a Urb and Bucknut ball swallower.... That goes without saying...

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He is a Urb and Bucknut ball swallower.... That goes without saying...
I sent him an email and said, Urban is going to get tired of you throwing his name around in every podcast. Every story has an Urban connection. Or, Mike Thomas with the saints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.