Zion Williamson kills it in NBA debut

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Lots of Twitter speculation over him opting for liposuction to save his career.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Zion will have a long career. He has the type of skills that he could adjust his game even if injuries slow him over time. Always a role for a big, strong skilled players.

Seems like a great kid with a good head on his shoulders. He brings excitement right now and is good for the league.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
If you look at the video closely, you’ll see several of the wood floor planks cracked. Lard azz is responsible for the damage. I hope the arena manager sends him a bill for the damages he caused.

Oh, and he does look gimpy in the video. Seems like he’s still hurt.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Zion will have a long career. He has the type of skills that he could adjust his game even if injuries slow him over time. Always a role for a big, strong skilled players.

Seems like a great kid with a good head on his shoulders. He brings excitement right now and is good for the league.
Overrated fatties like this are exactly why the NBA will go under in the next 15 years. Bankrupt. And good riddance.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Zion is more like Larry Johnson (aka Grandmama) who was also a super freak athletically before injuries made him a three point shooting role player for the Knicks.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
He'll eat the NBA up for awhile. They play NO defense in the regular season. He's a stud, no doubt but he's not going to take the Pelicans to the playoffs because he can dunk and goal tend.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Zion is more like Larry Johnson (aka Grandmama) who was also a super freak athletically before injuries made him a three point shooting role player for the Knicks.

This is by far the best analogy. He’s a once every 10 years or so physical freak, but he’s so big he will not be able to stay that explosive for 10-15 years. He’s strong enough and skilled enough, like Grand Mamma, to adjust though and maintain a long time significant role in the NBA.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Overrated fatties like this are exactly why the NBA will go under in the next 15 years. Bankrupt. And good riddance.

Overrated in the sense he is not a once in a generation type player. He’s just a very good player who brings excitement.

Major League Baseball is a bore. NFL will be extinct as we know it because of brain injuries in the future. NBA will be last to go.

Maybe eventually we’ll be left with college sports and Olympics.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Overrated in the sense he is not a once in a generation type player. He’s just a very good player who brings excitement.

Major League Baseball is a bore. NFL will be extinct as we know it because of brain injuries in the future. NBA will be last to go.

Maybe eventually we’ll be left with college sports and Olympics.
I find it funny how football is so impacted by brain injuries but MMA is gaining popularity. This country makes no sense some times.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
This is by far the best analogy. He’s a once every 10 years or so physical freak, but he’s so big he will not be able to stay that explosive for 10-15 years. He’s strong enough and skilled enough, like Grand Mamma, to adjust though and maintain a long time significant role in the NBA.

Exactly. Great analogy. He also reminds me of a larger Dominique Wilkins. Super athletic but not quite as complete as the top tier.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I find it funny how football is so impacted by brain injuries but MMA is gaining popularity. This country makes no sense some times.

Because we crave violent aggression. MMA plays this up. It’s still a relatively young public sport. Wait til some of these guys are sipping their dinner through a straw in 20 years and can’t string together a sentence. But also look at the changes in boxing....no more 15 round fights and quick stoppages. Compare MMA now to 20 years ago. Laws were passed due to the early brutality. You could take a guy down and beat him fvvcking senseless before a stoppage....now you are lucky to get 2 or 3 strikes on a defenseless fighter before a stoppage.

The biggest difference today in sports is not the popularity of the violence....it will always be the main draw with us fans...but whether parents will let their kids play. Thats what’s changing.

I love boxing but I can’t stand watching a Floyd Merryweather tap dance for 12 rounds....no matter how skilled and strategic he is as a fighter.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not any fat there. It must all be in his butt.

6039d4802fed5d722e12299e6043399b.jpg

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Because we crave violent aggression. MMA plays this up. It’s still a relatively young public sport. Wait til some of these guys are sipping their dinner through a straw in 20 years and can’t string together a sentence. But also look at the changes in boxing....no more 15 round fights and quick stoppages. Compare MMA now to 20 years ago. Laws were passed due to the early brutality. You could take a guy down and beat him fvvcking senseless before a stoppage....now you are lucky to get 2 or 3 strikes on a defenseless fighter before a stoppage.

The biggest difference today in sports is not the popularity of the violence....it will always be the main draw with us fans...but whether parents will let their kids play. Thats what’s changing.

I love boxing but I can’t stand watching a Floyd Merryweather tap dance for 12 rounds....no matter how skilled and strategic he is as a fighter.
I’m with you but I don’t think MMA is going anywhere no matter how many straws former fighters need - its just filling boxing’s void. Boxing’s biggest issue was moving away from offense and towards defense. Totally agree on Mayweather - he’s unwatchable. Completely boring to a casual fan.

I think the biggest difference is unions. MMA either does not have one or it is weak. The NFLPA and other unions, in my opinion, ruin sports. Football players, etc know the danger they put their bodies in - that’s the contract they sign in exchange for generational wealth. The NFLPA’s narrative that players didn’t know better is completely false - theyre just exploiting public sympathy and changing the game. In a different light, MLBPA is killing the integrity of that game. No punishments for the PLAYER LED scandal with the Astros/Sox? BS and its all because the league knew it could not win an appeal from the MLBPA if a penalty was handed down. Instead, they just fired middle management and hoped everything would go away (no senior level penalties either).

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I’m with you but I don’t think MMA is going anywhere no matter how many straws former fighters need - its just filling boxing’s void. Boxing’s biggest issue was moving away from offense and towards defense. Totally agree on Mayweather - he’s unwatchable. Completely boring to a casual fan.

I think the biggest difference is unions. MMA either does not have one or it is weak. The NFLPA and other unions, in my opinion, ruin sports. Football players, etc know the danger they put their bodies in - that’s the contract they sign in exchange for generational wealth. The NFLPA’s narrative that players didn’t know better is completely false - theyre just exploiting public sympathy and changing the game. In a different light, MLBPA is killing the integrity of that game. No punishments for the PLAYER LED scandal with the Astros/Sox? BS and its all because the league knew it could not win an appeal from the MLBPA if a penalty was handed down. Instead, they just fired middle management and hoped everything would go away (no senior level penalties either).

Agree....MMA is growing in popularity...and will continue to do so. It’s just more exciting to watch.

I like boxing but I loved it in the 60’s and 70’s. There were real fighters and they fought everybody....Liston, Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Norton, Shavers, Lyle to name a few....and that’s just heavyweights. 70/80’s brought Leonard, Hagler, Hearns, Duran, Arguello, Pryor, Cuevas, Chavez, Mancini.....Those were good times. Miss that era.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator