Zion Williamson terrorizing college basketball

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Zion's gonna be a very good nba player. He's not gonna be a franchise player. He's gonna be a very good complimentary starter.
He doesn't have the ability to create his own shot like one of those guys can. He's a decent passer , a freak athlete with a big motor and he can spot up a little. But he's also an undersized power forward . I probably need to see him play more but it doesn't look like he has much post game and all his drives are to the left. He looks like he's just over powering everybody out there for buckets. Alot of stuff that doesn't necessarily translate to the nba. He's definitely fun to watch though.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I admit I don;t watch as much college hoops as I used to as it has become just about making the tourney, but I made a point to watch the Duke-UVA game last nite and have not enjoyed watching a regular season college hoops game like that in quite a while. I was intrigued to see how going into the game two completely different styles would fare when horns were locked. Then as I watched the game you see clearly the total difference in individual athletic ability, yet the game was a nail biter until the final minute. I think only 4 or 5 3-pt. shots were made and it was refreshing to watch a game where every possession did not depend on jacking up a 3 pointer. It was awesome to see one team going to the basket using the dribble almost exclusively exploiting their athleticism, while the other team had to use more screening, movement with a purpose and passing to get good looks at the goal. I know in the long run the result will be meaningless as both teams will be a 1 or 2 seed when the tourney arrives, it was just an enjoyable regular season game to watch

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I admit I don;t watch as much college hoops as I used to as it has become just about making the tourney, but I made a point to watch the Duke-UVA game last nite and have not enjoyed watching a regular season college hoops game like that in quite a while. I was intrigued to see how going into the game two completely different styles would fare when horns were locked. Then as I watched the game you see clearly the total difference in individual athletic ability, yet the game was a nail biter until the final minute. I think only 4 or 5 3-pt. shots were made and it was refreshing to watch a game where every possession did not depend on jacking up a 3 pointer. It was awesome to see one team going to the basket using the dribble almost exclusively exploiting their athleticism, while the other team had to use more screening, movement with a purpose and passing to get good looks at the goal. I know in the long run the result will be meaningless as both teams will be a 1 or 2 seed when the tourney arrives, it was just an enjoyable regular season game to watch

I did not watch, but why can't a team use both of these concepts, perhaps because the players are not capable of doing both?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I've yet to see this kid take or make a jump shot.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I've yet to see this kid take or make a jump shot.

So true, '78.... Zion hits 70% his inside FGA, but only 26% 3s. Zion is 6'7" 285lbs.
Barrett, another 6'7" frosh, leads in scoring. Seems like Duke is dependent on their dominant inside game.?? Duke has a 6'7" Australian player, of course he went to high school in Florida.

misty17grad

Sep 29, 2018
Isn’t 6’7” a little on the short side for inside players in the NBA?
And why can’t some of these guys hit anything outside of short jumpers? It amazes me that with all that coaching and practicing some of the players couldn’t make a free throw to win a game.

But he is a beast. How that game translates to the NBA.. Idk. They are beasts too.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Charles Barkley was even shorter. Zion is a beast and appears to have a good head on his shoulders. I suspect he is nowhere near his ceiling and seems to be the type that will work hard to improve yearly. Not sure how high he climbs but I see a 15 year NBA career ahead.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I hope the Bulls keep tanking and get that #1 spot...bring Zion to Chi-town

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
He’s just started tonight 10-10 with 21 points just 3 minutes into 2nd half.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The kid is the real deal. Absolute monster. He is a freakish athlete considering there is currently only one NBA player that weighs as much as he does. The guy jumps out of the gym and is a bully down low. He will thrive in the League, as we’re moving closer and closer to position-less basketball. He’s gonna be a great NBA player.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The haters are scattering like cockroaches

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Freakin wrong thread

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Saw a highlight of him draining a baseline jumper last night against Pitt. Nice form.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I hope the Bulls keep tanking and get that #1 spot...bring Zion to Chi-town
Knowing Gar, he'd trade the No. 1 pick for some thirtysomething journeyman. I knew the guy was bad, but Melo now? Give me a break.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Knowing Gar, he'd trade the No. 1 pick for some thirtysomething journeyman. I knew the guy was bad, but Melo now? Give me a break.

GarPax needs to go...really unbelievable they are still employed. But the melo thing is nothing...they get cash and will likely cut him

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator