Zooker sighting

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Maybe this is MOM, but I saw Zook on Green Bay's sideline during tonight's game. I thought he was a janitor in an Ocala bank...

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He's not at the bank in Ocala anymore???

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
He's been an asst for Green Bay for quite some time, has actually done a good job.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Nothing to see here. He mops the locker room after the game. Even the Zooker has to make a living.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I'm no big fan of the Zooker but he is a good coach at the assistant level.

Looking at that Green Bay article I thought this was interesting "In 2004, Zook’s final season, the Gators finished atop the SEC in six different team categories, including scoring offense, total offense and passing offense. That year, they also became just the second team in the history of the storied conference to boast the league’s leading rusher, passer, receiver and scorer in the same season."

Interesting I thought considering our offensive woes.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

Looking at that Green Bay article I thought this was interesting "In 2004, Zook’s final season, the Gators finished atop the SEC in six different team categories, including scoring offense, total offense and passing offense. That year, they also became just the second team in the history of the storied conference to boast the league’s leading rusher, passer, receiver and scorer in the same season."

Larry Fedora was our OC that year, Zaunbrecher was demoted to QB coach.

Ciatric Faison had a good year running the ball.

But the stats are deceiving. The lone bright spot that season was winning at FSU (Ron Zook Field). We lost to Tennessee, Georgia, and LSU...AND we lost to Cowbell...AND we lost to Miami in our bowl game (Zook was gone by then).

Alex.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

larry fedora was an excellent OC here... what people forget about the Zook tenure.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Larry Fedora was our OC that year, Zaunbrecher was demoted to QB coach.

Ciatric Faison had a good year running the ball.

But the stats are deceiving. The lone bright spot that season was winning at FSU (Ron Zook Field). We lost to Tennessee, Georgia, and LSU...AND we lost to Cowbell...AND we lost to Miami in our bowl game (Zook was gone by then).

Alex.

Because our defensive minded head coach, couldn't field a competent defense. He let the OC's do their thing If the rumors are true he wouldn't allow his DC's to implement their systems, but wanted a generic system that was easier to learn... :rolleyes:

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Mike McCarthy (Green Bay's head coach) and Zooker were both on staff with the Saints back in the early 2000s. McCarthy was OC and Zook the DC. Mike loves him some Zooker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator