“Swamp Kings” on Netflix released

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
The more craziness, debauchery, lawlessness, and downright fun is shown (ideally light on the serial killing, machine guns, dead girlfriends, and "time to die bitch" references), even if done in a judgmental tone, the more it can only help recruiting. This was in the HD era, so kids will see the best of Gainesville, the Swamp, fun, and winning that is possible again in a way that still looks like today. Bring it on. Have it playing in the hotel rooms for official visits, get anniversarying parents dinner and a movie date night set ups, and fully lean in.

New Gator 2025 Recruiting Motto - Florida Football Upcomimg Kings In Training

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Ragtag? Ruthless? Ferocious?

Screenshot_20230720_100941_Netflix.jpg

King Of The Hill Reaction GIF

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Donkey:

Bring it on. I hope it gets played often and everyone talks about it. Do you really think have a prison-raping murderer on the team will concern the HS athlete? They watch rap videos and root for the driveby shooters. Hell no it's not. If anything, it is street cred.

What it will do is remind some of these youngsters that Gators used to rule the SEC and the country. We used to have a team full of All Americans and top players at every position. We used to hire elite coaches, not the bags of ass loser coaches off the cheap shelf who get teabagged by Ga Southern, Mizzu, Kentucky and Vandy. We didnt celebrate landing #800 players, #1200 for Butters, and declare they are underrated.

All advertising is good advertising.

Slug

I fcuking hate people.
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014
Donkey:

Bring it on. I hope it gets played often and everyone talks about it. Do you really think have a prison-raping murderer on the team will concern the HS athlete? They watch rap videos and root for the driveby shooters. Hell no it's not. If anything, it is street cred.

What it will do is remind some of these youngsters that Gators used to rule the SEC and the country. We used to have a team full of All Americans and top players at every position. We used to hire elite coaches, not the bags of ass loser coaches off the cheap shelf who get teabagged by Ga Southern, Mizzu, Kentucky and Vandy. We didnt celebrate landing #800 players, #1200 for Butters, and declare they are underrated.

I mean, he's not wrong.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Donkey:

Exactly! Today I watched a tobacco kills commercial and immediately went out and bought my 1st pack of cigarettes

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Donkey:

+1

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
247 and On3 have been given access already and have been putting out some teasers.

The Siler story in this article is hilarious. But here is a Tebow story that I think you all would like.

Signing Tim Tebow​

To be frank, this documentary doesn’t get made if Tim Tebow doesn’t come to the Univeristy of Florida. The Gators wouldn’t have had that run if not for Tebow, Meyer might not have lasted at Florida as long as he did had Tebow not signed with Florida.

Now, it’s hard to imagine Tebow playing for another school, but listening to the stories that Meyer and Tebow told, it wasn’t always a foregone conclusion.

Dan Mullen: The biggest missing pice was the quarterback that could not just throw but run with the ball.

Urban Meyer: One day as I’m getting off the plane, the guy that’s helping us with our bags says, ‘hey, you need to recruit this Tim Tebow guy. That’s the first time I heard his name. He says he’s a quarterback here in Jacksonville that’s a really good player and everyone loves him. I take another seven steps and someone says, ‘hey, Tebow.’ Then there’s fans and half of them are screaming, ‘hey, recruit Tebow.’

After a while, you’re like, ‘ok, enough of the Tebow stuff.’ So I went and watched him play and I just remember I was paralyzed at what I was watching … I got in my car and said, that’s got to be my quarterback.

Tim Tebow: I was fortunate to have a lot of schools interested in me. Alabama, LSU, Southern Cal, Michigan, Ohio State — Florida wasn’t even in the picture.

Urban Meyer: We had to have Tim Tebow. Offensively we were struggling. That was ripping my heart apart that we weren’t holding up our end of the bargain.

Paul Finebaum: How does he save this thing? It came down to landing a major fish on the recruiting trail. It keeps the fans excited and sets you up on the field the next year.

Meyer says that he put the full-court press on Tebow for months. Once Meyer saw Tebow play in person he had to have the quarterback.

Tim Tebow: I was really torn. My dad said, Timmy, why don’t you go do this, go to your room, get on your knees and pray to God. I believe in the morning God will put on your heart where you’re supposed to go. So I wake up the next morning (Signing Day) and I have no idea where I’m supposed to go.

Paul Finebaum: The rumor was he wanted to go to Alabama. I’m not sure that I understood what Urban Meyer understood. That if he he missed on Tebow he was not going to succeed. It was really that simple.

Urban Meyer: He was praying at the lake all day with his dog. That was how he was going to make his decision. Finally at about five until 5:00. I’m caught in traffic but my cellphone rings and I see it’s Tim Tebow.

Tim Tebow: I call Coach Meyer and he’s panicking. He knows in 10 minutes I’ve gotta tell the world where I’m going to be and I hadn’t called him yet.

Urban Meyer: He says, Coach, I just want you to know that I’ve decided to — and the phone goes dead. I start punching the dashboard. I really thought we lost him.

Meyer didn’t lose him and the Gators didn’t lose many football games over the next four seasons.

The Lateral Move

Oct 9, 2018
I binge watched it last night on Netflix

Had to listen to Mullen, Finebaum and lots of Urban. Brutal

Ngl tho. I loved it. Was fun to relive it a little bit

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I binge watched it last night on Netflix

Had to listen to Mullen, Finebaum and lots of Urban. Brutal

Ngl tho. I loved it. Was fun to relive it a little bit
I’ve been seeing it all over the place. They said that they represented the Gators well.

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
First two episodes down..we just beat pOSU for the title. All much more positive than I expected and bringing back great memories! Feel like I should just stop now! :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.