Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I'll just leave this here.

10 completions by our QB for the game.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I will tell you that today at the game I made an effort to concentrate on our receivers on pass plays and I saw no rhyme or reason to the routes. No combos that might confuse the D. Guys rounding off routes that looked like a circle. ZERO passes to the RB's, other than screen passes, where the RB is the primary receiver. No timing to any combos. Receivers close to one another. Can't run a route deep enough when you need only 3 yards for a 1st down etc. Why am I the only one who says every single week? This Coach does NOT physically practice the mental aspects of the game.

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
The play we ran on a must have 4th and 3 was incredibly bad.

Franks is too similar to Jeff Driskel as he just doesn't seem to have it upstairs.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
their QB only had 9
:lol:
yeah, I'm tired of hearing about Franks. Their QB was worse than Franks but their staff gang raped our weaknesses on Defense because their coaches are better than ours......yeah, the staff is better than ours and schemed their offense.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I will tell you that today at the game I made an effort to concentrate on our receivers on pass plays and I saw no rhyme or reason to the routes. No combos that might confuse the D. Guys rounding off routes that looked like a circle. ZERO passes to the RB's, other than screen passes, where the RB is the primary receiver. No timing to any combos. Receivers close to one another. Can't run a route deep enough when you need only 3 yards for a 1st down etc. Why am I the only one who says every single week? This Coach does NOT physically practice the mental aspects of the game.

This.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
This is pathetic. I heard people on the Russell post game show saying we should've run more. How are Franks and the Receivers ever going to get into a rhythm or get any chemistry going if they don't get game experience throwing it around? I think we only ran 54 plays. That's unacceptable. This staff is garbage.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
yeah, I'm tired of hearing about Franks. Their QB was worse than Franks but their staff gang raped our weaknesses on Defense because their coaches are better than ours......yeah, the staff is better than ours and schemed their offense.
okay

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It doesn't matter what routes we run. Franks will only look at his primary receiver. Not a popular statement, but we win if Del Taco played. Corral is not scared by Franks at all.

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
This is 100% on the staff. Here's the deal, forget whether or not we think Franks is our answer at QB. They named him the starter this year. Then they yanked him after two quarters. Then they started him. Then they yanked him again. Now he's back in there and they clearly don't trust him to throw the ball. The problem is (and it's debatable whether or not he can make the throws) this staff hasn't given him ANY chance to develop this year. When you're too afraid to let your QB go out there and throw the ball there is absolutely no way he's going to throw the ball well when you need a game winning drive.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
The play we ran on a must have 4th and 3 was incredibly bad.

Franks is too similar to Jeff Driskel as he just doesn't seem to have it upstairs.
The slant to Powell. We ran that in a similar situation last week and the Vandy D also blew it up. It's a high percentage pass except when the D knows it's coming and they know it's coming on 4th and short.

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
The slant to Powell. We ran that in a similar situation last week and the Vandy D also blew it up. It's a high percentage pass except when the D knows it's coming and they know it's coming on 4th and short.
A slant wasn't called on the 4th and 3.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It doesn't matter what routes we run. Franks will only look at his primary receiver. Not a popular statement, but we win if Del Taco played. Corral is not scared by Franks at all.

Yep they seem to be protecting him. Mac was complaining about the speed of the plays getting in there and ran also. I think I read Del Rio was getting the plays off about 4 seconds quicker than Franks. I think Franks isn't the brightest bulb upstairs.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Yep they seem to be protecting him. Mac was complaining about the speed of the plays getting in there and ran also. I think I read Del Rio was getting the plays off about 4 seconds quicker than Franks. I think Franks isn't the brightest bulb upstairs.

Have you heard him in interviews

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'd be all for playing Zaire, but after his Twitter rant, he just needs to be dismissed. You can't have that from a 5th year senior who should be a leader.

I guess Trask is still recovering from surgery on his foot (?). I'm just done with Franks. I'm tired of watching a more incompetent version of Doug Johnson.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'd be all for playing Zaire, but after his Twitter rant, he just needs to be dismissed. You can't have that from a 5th year senior who should be a leader.

I guess Trask is still recovering from surgery on his foot (?). I'm just done with Franks. I'm tired of watching a more incompetent version of Doug Johnson.
I dont blame anyone for a rant right now but this team is a mess and a change at QB might not do much. I think Mac will make a change again at least temporarily if A&M was to beat us. I hope they are willing to play Corral as a freshman next season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.