2015 Wide Receivers

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
With Will Grier starting and perhaps the best WR coach in the entire country, this is an area to be excited about.

Discuss.

Attachments

• conv_2469.jpg
    conv_2469.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 31

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
What best WR coach, or is that humor that I don't generally get. Now if the QB's and receivers are working on running their routes and adjustments now that would be a good indicator of improvement. If not we are in trouble.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've always hoped for and expected Fulwood and Robinson to do well. I hope we see improvement from them along with the break-out season for WRs in general including...
Alvin Bailey
Chris Thompson
Brandon Powell
C.J. Worton
Ryan Sousa

If any combination of 3 of these guys becomes reliable and 1-3 become playmakers (think Patton's last year, Fulwood's screen in the bowl game) we could begin to get excited for our offensive turn around.

I also look for the TE position to begin really contributing (to something other than drops and losses :beating:) this year, but that is a thread for next week.

I would love to see Andrades, Pittman and / or Showers catch fire, but I won't hold my breath.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n180001 said:
What best WR coach, or is that humor that I don't generally get.
You genuinely were born without a sense of humor. Just like a Vulcan.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We will probably have at least 2 1000 yard receivers. Multiple games with with at least 6 different receivers having catches. Minds will be blown!

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It should be really interesting to see if our WRs can improve with a new offense and new coaching staff. Robinson is the only guy we have who has proven to be reliable, but how much of the lack of progress and success was due to the offensive ineptitude from the previous staff... it will be fun to find out.

One thing we know for sure... if our WRs can make plays in practice against our DBs... they should be able to do it against anybody!

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
We'll have several players who have breakout season because of the new scheme and play calling. Fulwood and Robinson should both have huge years.

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
I'm cautiously optimistic..especially considering that, supposedly, Coach Mac's background includes coaching WR's..so he can help out if need be like Saban does with Cornerbacks/DB's.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n180020 said:
One thing we know for sure... if our WRs can make plays in practice against our DBs... they should be able to do it against anybody!
Are we sure about this? The last couple off-seasons all we heard was how the offense, and the recievers were making big plays in practice... against our super amazingly awesome dominant fantastic muschamp #1 defense in the history of the universe. And then the season started...

We dont know jack until they make plays in real games against real competition. Not saying they wont, just saying fall practice reports aren't worth the azzpaper hanging next to your sh*tter...

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Durty South Swamp;n180083 said:
Are we sure about this? The last couple off-seasons all we heard was how the offense, and the recievers were making big plays in practice... against our super amazingly awesome dominant fantastic muschamp #1 defense in the history of the universe. And then the season started...

We dont know jack until they make plays in real games against real competition. Not saying they wont, just saying fall practice reports aren't worth the azzpaper hanging next to your sh*tter...

This times 1000......

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
We could be half way decent with a lot of talented guys on the roster as long as they don't sh!t themselves when they actually get a pass thrown their way after being here for 2 or 3 years:panic:. I forgot who it was last year that was so surprised when they actually got a pass thrown to them when they were wide open that they tripped over their own feet when they could have walked into the end zone.....Robinson LSU game maybe?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We're dangerously thin at WR.

- Ryan.joseph 2009 (or something like that...)

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n180083 said:

I would have to support this based on last year reports coming out of practice last season that JD was improved.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
CaribGator;n180115 said:
I would have to support this based on last year reports coming out of practice last season that JD was improved.

Lets not forget the source that was doing the evaluating....

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n180115 said:

Just look at the actual play by plays they do from the practices. Driskel didn't sound too great if you just read those when the defense brought some heat.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n180108 said:
We could be half way decent with a lot of talented guys on the roster as long as they don't sh!t themselves when they actually get a pass thrown their way after being here for 2 or 3 years:panic:. I forgot who it was last year that was so surprised when they actually got a pass thrown to them when they were wide open that they tripped over their own feet when they could have walked into the end zone.....Robinson LSU game maybe?
Quinton Dunbar

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We got nuthin...Mac gets to start with a clean slate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.