2016 Class/Remaining Targets

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Kirby Smart has pulled three 5 star players in less than a full recruiting cycle.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
It's a big loss, no question. But I think the reason you'll hear the Cleveland > Manuel talk is because of how we've lost so many games the past 4-5 years. We have decent depth at DT with some unproven guys. But we desperately need playmakers to ignite this offense. Our inability to score has been a killer. So at this point, I actually value someone who can change that over a DT. Still sucks losing him, so you're not getting the WDWHA routine from me. I just think that's the other side of the argument, and it has some validity.

That and the fact that if the kid couldn't qualify academically then you can't put that on Mac.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
So is that Mac's fault or Muschamp's just curious. I guess it would be Muschamp he's still getting the blame for this recruiting class so blame him for Mac not doing his job and having an in home visit with this kid.

It's a little of both. Mac is obviously not as great a recruiter as I'd like. But the UF brand was in the toilet when he took over. That has an impact as well, and is squarely on the shoulders of WM and JF.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Does having athority over a message board making you're little ;) feel bigger, cause yall sure do get butt hurt from my posts.

Your English absolutely kills me. How can you be looked at as credible if you can't even talk grammatically correct?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Kirby also isn't taking over a broken program like Mac was. Regardless we will beat that A next year.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Does having athority over a message board making you're little ;) feel bigger, cause yall sure do get butt hurt from my posts.
Ca6j0ZA.gif

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Robinson isn't a huge loss, we needed to lose a DB or two anyway. We have plenty of DB's so not worried about this position.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
losing ARob has dropped us to #11 in rivals rankings. Texas and UGA now both top ten. free fallin'.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Kirby Smart has pulled three 5 star players in less than a full recruiting cycle.

Are we counting Nauta and Eason? Because they were both all but guaranteed to him when he landed the job.

They do have a solid class though.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
That's what happens when you spend the money to get a coach with an established name in the business. You hire a cheap ass coach that nobody has ever heard of, you get our results.

Wait... what? Um, Muschamp?

I like your stuff but this does not compute.

GatorBenji

Sep 6, 2014
Please don't use these grade excuses for why these kids aren't coming here, it would've been brought up before had this been an issue

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
That's what happens when you spend the money to get a coach with an established name in the business. You hire a cheap ass coach that nobody has ever heard of, you get our results.

UGA was in a completely different spot that UF was last year. Richt had kids already committed (like Eason). When McElwain took over there were 3 kids committed...?

Add in that Smart already had relationships with kids because he was recruiting them in the SEC and UGA didn't fall close to as far as UF and you get a better class. This isn't rocket science folks.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

So now Mac is a cheap ass coach I see. Last time I checked Kirby smart has never been a head coach before. Muschamp also pulled in top rated classes just about every year yet he could do nothing with it. I don't know when you people will realize it doesn't matter if someone is getting top rated talent if they can't develop it. McElwain has already proven he can develop talent. They can keep Smart, I'll take our chances with Mac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator