2016 Commit totals for new CFB staff's

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
But Harbaugh....Harrrrbaaauuuuggggghhhhhh!!!!!!

Maybe we do a cost of recruiting, split staff salary over number of recruits committed/landed? Or go further into fictional values by having the number of stars as the denominator? That way landing three 5* kids is as good as five 3* kids?

Edit - for funsies, the CFP teams:
Alabama - 4 (mix of 3* to 5*)
Florida State - 12 (mix of 3* to 5*)
Ohio State - 8 (all 4* except one 5*)
Oregon - 5 (3* and 5*)

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The staff is doing an excellent job. I fully expect us to start landing multiple four stars of the next couple months. Hopefully we will also flip the number one wide receiver in the nation.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
GatorJ;n199439 said:
The staff is doing an excellent job. I fully expect us to start landing multiple four stars of the next couple months. Hopefully we will also flip the number one wide receiver in the nation.
I believe if we put a decent product on the field this year and beat a couple teams we're not supposed to we'll have a top 5 class this year. Mac and co are busting their ass on the trail!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Marianna said:
I believe if we put a decent product on the field this year and beat a couple teams we're not supposed to we'll have a top 5 class this year. Mac and co are busting their ass on the trail!
I agree with this . We've got beat fsu in the swamp this year to get the state back. And I think we will btw

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Somebody needs to let Coach know he's not at Colorado State any more. Loading up on 3 stars shouldn't be the norm at Florida.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n199575 said:
Somebody needs to let Coach know he's not at Colorado State any more. Loading up on 3 stars shouldn't be the norm at Florida.
Gotta get some early momentum going. Get some kids to recruit for us at these camps. We should have a ton of room in this class. It would be silly not to take these kids

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n199439 said:
Him and Victor are pretty interested. If we get a decent passing game going this year I think we'll have a good shot with him from what I've read.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;199579 said:
Him and Victor are pretty interested. If we get a decent passing game going this year I think we'll have a good shot with him from what I've read.

Wow. Can you imagine the 2 of them signing up with the Good Guys?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n199589 said:
Wow. Can you imagine the 2 of them signing up with the Good Guys?
I can, both are pretty tight with the coaches. The excitement of something new. Plus fsu has signed quit a few 5star receivers that depth chart would be a climb. Miami is down and probably going to be in a coaching transition by the end of next year. When we're throwing it all over the yard, there won't be any point in going anywhere else.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
If we build it, they will come.

Sgt. Schultz

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2015
UF should be able to fall out of bed and get a few of the top receivers this year, even if the offense doesn't look great, which is a real possibility with the level of talent presently on campus. I think it's telling that McElwain quickly identified Brandon Powell as someone who needed to get the ball, it might be he saw the film of the rest of the receivers and wasn't impressed. There are fifteen from the state of Florida in the ESPN 300. UF also should be high on the list for a top receiver from Georgia, Imatorbhebhe, that is the brother of a player UF signed this year. UF should also have a good shot at the top JUCO receiver since he comes from Tallahassee Lincoln, a school that steers players to UF. Miami already has three of the 300 committed, and probably will only take two more at the most. FSU has one from the 300 and will probably only want one or two more. That leaves a lot for UF, and Clemson can't get that many either. It wouldn't surprise me if UF took six receivers this for this class. They already have two, and there are so many left. As far as flipping anyone, Nate Craig-Myers and Sam Bruce would be nice.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
GatorTAG;199575 said:
:facepalm: Hardly any of these kids have camped yet. Wait for the rankings in the fall and onward.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;199652 said:
:facepalm: Hardly any of these kids have camped yet. Wait for the rankings in the fall and onward.

Exactly. Ratings don't matter until the fall. It's always a massive shake up in the star ratings between now and September.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Marianna said:

What team on our schedule this coming season are we not suppose to beat?

Dec 10, 2014
WobbleGator;n200323 said:
What team on our schedule this coming season are we not suppose to beat?

If you go on likely preseason rankings, then you'd have to put LSU, Ole Miss, FSU, UGA and possibly UT. Preseason rankings are stupid though.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n200327 said:
If you go on likely preseason rankings, then you'd have to put LSU, Ole Miss, FSU, UGA and possibly UT. Preseason rankings are stupid though.

LSU I could understand because it is at their place. The rest are at home/neutral field and every one of those teams mentioned has serious issues.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n199575 said:
Camps have just barely started and will pick up a lot over the summer where the rankings will change multiple times. Some of these 3 stars will get moved to 4...if mac is willing to take them right now it's because he believes in their talent.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
WobbleGator;n200345 said:
LSU I could understand because it is at their place. The rest are at home/neutral field and every one of those teams mentioned has serious issues.

In case you're got your O&B glasses on, we have serious issues, at home or not. With that, I'm seeing a lot more possible losses, and a lot fewer games I'm counting as wins right now.

TN has been building talent, and while we're at home we're still getting our legs under us. 4th game of the season, we may have already been bit by injuries or not figured out how to run the new offense. I'd give us 60-70% chance to win (counting on dumb coaching on their part).

Home vs Ole Miss - we find ways of screwing up against MS schools. I'm trusiting JMac isn't afflicted by this bug and won't have much issue, but this is also not a given win in my book.

@MZ - a team that was on the field when we humiliated ourselves last year. Our players will have a lot to prove, but is this the first real road game for the program? Is this a trap game looking at LSU the following week. It is a 'should win', and a 'can win', but not an already won.'

@LSU - always a tough venue, and even if they have questions at QB (dont' we?) and maybe have a down year, I never count out Crazy Les or the unlikeliest of events aligning perfectly for him to pull something out. For me, this is a 'likely loss'.

@UGA - 2 wks after LSU, but our 3rd road game in a row (ok, that'a a lie, given it's in Jax). Another 'should/can win' if injuries aren't hurting us. A chance to make a statement on the season and the program's direction. BUT with the questions marks we have to figure out by then....either we know who and what we are, or we bumble our way to a loss. I guess I'm saying this one is more on US than it is on who we are playing.

@USCe - even if they are down, SOS is calling the offense this year and who knows if he still has the magic. Love to get the win there, but not a 'for sure'.

FSU at home - their offense is replacing key positions, but overall they have a LOT of talent. Maybe oiur defense holds their offense to minimal effect....maybe our offense can't overcome injuriesand and/or can't perform well enough against their defense. As much as we want to criticize them, the fact remains they have been up there and we've been way down here. This is again a chance to make a program statement, but it can just as easily be the end of a rebuilding season that saw improvement but not enough to win the big games.

I'm not saying we'll lose all those games, and in many cases we can win. But reality keeps me from getting too much raised expectations knowing what issues we're dealing with intnerally. It's hard to separate 'should win' from 'want to win'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.