Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
(I'm going from memory here so don't jump down my throat if I'm wrong)

2016 is...

...the 50th Anniversary of Steve Spurrier's 1966 Heisman Trophy Season (the first in Gator history)

...the 20th Anniversary of our 1996 National Championship Season (the first in Gator history)

...the 20th Anniversary of Danny Wuerffel's 1996 Heisman Trophy Season

...the 10th Anniversary of our 2006 National Championship Season

...the 110th Anniversary of Florida Football

That's a lot to celebrate. I hope we take time this season to honor each of those accomplishments (well, maybe not the last one).

Given that Spurrier is no longer coaching a rival, I'd really like to see the Golden Anniversary of his Heisman season celebrated. In many ways, that event really helped put Florida on the map. He's in great shape but he's over 70 now so there won't be too many opportunities left. By the way, it's also his 50th Wedding Anniversary (he married Jerri that year too).

Steve and Jerri back in the day:

spurrier_jerri_a13lzck2_4y3llj0y.jpg

Alex.

Great,great get Alex. Also super-nice photo, considering the condition of Romance in today's
young college-daddies.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
4/20 is also Hitlers birthday

LC, irrelevant connection, since we're talking Gamecocks' past coach … not present.

>PS> Great avatar, LC. You got a good noggin.

Last edited:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
That is a great pic. It will be really disappointing if he isn't honored in some way at a game this year.

It would also be awesome if we could continue the streak of winning a SEC and national title in a year ending with 6. Ten years ago no one thought that team was national title bound so who knows?

True. And it was also the second year of the Head coach's tenure. Stranger things have happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.