Recruiting 2017 Commit Jake Allen leads STA to 7A Title

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He'll get that 5th star by this time next year. Hopefully he sticks with us.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Congratulations to Jake and his team. I'm glad to hear his perspective on the recruiting situation and competition.

:chomp:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They saw what Grier did with zero game time after being coached up by JMac. They want in on some of that.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think he's better than Eason and Franks.
I think he's pretty good but he's got to 4 star receivers and a 2017 5 star receiver. Not to mention he's probably got some d1 prospects on his oline. The talent around him is ridiculous.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Scratch that. I just rewatched his hudl tape. He's the reason those guys are rated so high.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
STA is basically a CFB factory. But he looks accurate and has a ton of moxy. Plus he LOVES being a Gator.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I think he's pretty good but he's got to 4 star receivers and a 2017 5 star receiver. Not to mention he's probably got some d1 prospects on his oline. The talent around him is ridiculous.
Much like Johhny B at the Ocala private school which played little competition. When talent accumulates in a private school the table is tilted badly. It can make QBs look better than they are and worse the public schools are screwed because they (ESPECIALLY the rural small ones) play with their local kids.........they need a private school championship. Or play by the gdam same rules..........btw I am not saying this kid is good or bad. I hope he is the next DannyW or better. I have no problem with private schools or playing them. Just not for hardware as they recruit.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Much like Johhny B at the Ocala private school which played little competition. When talent accumulates in a private school the table is tilted badly. It can make QBs look better than they are and worse the public schools are screwed because they (ESPECIALLY the rural small ones) play with their local kids.........they need a private school championship. Or play by the gdam same rules..........btw I am not saying this kid is good or bad. I hope he is the next DannyW or better. I have no problem with private schools or playing them. Just not for hardware as they recruit.
I'm not a fan of private school recruiting either.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Great post. It's just unfair.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Public schools recruit too. Look at Alachua County. Every HS has a magnet program, and that's how they get around the district lines.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Public schools recruit too. Look at Alachua County. Every HS has a magnet program, and that's how they get around the district lines.
Sounds exactly like something a private school guy would say

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds exactly like something a private school guy would say
Haha, never could go to private school grew up too poor.

Nevermind that I gave you a perfect example of public schools across an entire county recruiting. Also, back in Lake Butler's dominance, they were recruiting mofo's

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Haha, never could go to private school grew up too poor.

Nevermind that I gave you a perfect example of public schools across an entire county recruiting. Also, back in Lake Butler's dominance, they were recruiting mofo's
Now trenton's pulling kids away from lake butler.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Agreed. Another example is Buford High School. They are a public school who has recruited players to play for them.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Not sure how the public/private school debate is relevant, but I've watched this kid play a couple times this year and he's really impressive. Big kid, very accurate, great decision making, great presence and awareness and calmness in the pocket, and he's only a Junior.

Now with the news that WG is coming back, and Dogbreath is not coming to throw a wrench in the development of Franks, then Allen coming in 2017? Not to mention Del Rio might actually be completely functional and able to complete a basic forward pass, the QB pipeline looks better than it has in a helluva long time.

Harris's struggles will be a distant memory, so hopefully he is ready to make a position change if he wants to remain a Gator.

Only issue I can see is Del Rio will need a Backup if Franks is going to RS so they might be tempted to keep Harris as emergency backup until Grier is able to play. Or Maybe it will be Trask with Harris a slot receiver and 3rd string QB?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.