2017 CWS: UF National Champions!

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I know this is very premature as we have to win tonight but Ill throw it out there. Who would we rather face in the championship, LSU or Oregon State? I'm leaning towards Oregon St. I don't think I want to play an LSU team that we've faced already this year. I just think we may have a better chance if we're facing a team fresh where neither side knows the other's tendencies. Maybe it will motivate our guys and give them an extra spark. Thoughts?

But if they've seen us, that means we've seen them.....I'd rather play LSU personally. Would be a fun series due to the latest "rivalry" we've got going with them.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
But if they've seen us, that means we've seen them.....I'd rather play LSU personally. Would be a fun series due to the latest "rivalry" we've got going with them.

Trust me, I get that if they've seen us then we've seen them. There are also a whole lot of other psychological factors that I didn't want to type out for brevity purposes but I thought people would be able to read into (tough to beat a team twice, complacency by our guys which may have been a factor in previous CWS finals losses, a fresh team maybe puts more of a sense of urgency on our guys and more spring in their step, etc.). My opinion is still OSU. LSU seems to be peaking at the right time.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Trust me, I get that if they've seen us then we've seen them. There are also a whole lot of other psychological factors that I didn't want to type out for brevity purposes but I thought people would be able to read into (tough to beat a team twice, complacency by our guys which may have been a factor in previous CWS finals losses, a fresh team maybe puts more of a sense of urgency on our guys and more spring in their step, etc.). My opinion is still OSU. LSU seems to be peaking at the right time.

Oregon States has the best pitching staff in the nation, while our weakness is hitting. I'd much rather face an LSU team that's had to play an extra game than OSU regardless of any pyschological factors of playing LSU.

UF and LSU hate each other and it would be for a title, not sure how complacency would have any factor at all.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Oregon States has the best pitching staff in the nation, while our weakness is hitting. I'd much rather face an LSU team that's had to play an extra game than OSU regardless of any pyschological factors of playing LSU.

UF and LSU hate each other and it would be for a title, not sure how complacency would have any factor at all.

OSUs pitchers are getting crushed by LSU today. And what is this extra game that LSU has had to play that you speak of?

**EDIT**. Answered my own question about the extra game for LSU. Personally I don't think it matters. They've been playing very well, peaking at right time.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
OSUs pitchers are getting crushed by LSU today. And what is this extra game that LSU has had to play that you speak of?

**EDIT**. Answered my own question about the extra game for LSU. Personally I don't think it matters. They've been playing very well, peaking at right time.

I think we are splitting hairs here as both teams are extremely good, I just personally feel better about playing LSU than Oregon St. Regardless, we need to take care of business first or none of this matters :fistbump:

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Shocked that Oregon State is going down. But maybe I shouldn't be. LSU is scary good and has been on a roll for a long time.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I think we are splitting hairs here as both teams are extremely good, I just personally feel better about playing LSU than Oregon St. Regardless, we need to take care of business first or none of this matters :fistbump:

We'll agree to disagree on our potential opponent but we definitely agree on needing to get it done tonight otherwise it's a moot point.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Shocked that Oregon State is going down. But maybe I shouldn't be. LSU is scary good and has been on a roll for a long time.

Maybe they need to schedule more SEC teams to truly see how good they are :dunno:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I would have been perfectly ok with not winning this thing if OSU was going to win it, but now that LSU is going to the championship series, it's about as must win as it can get.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Time to beat TCU and then take it to the corndogs again!

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
LSU got shellacked the other night and responded well since. Perhaps we will, too. Let's hope.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Yes and now we know LSU will be our opponent, just win baby!!!

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Larson batting ninth, Nelly in RF, Hicks DH, Alex on Mound. Lets do it

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Manufacturing a run, Like pulling teeth for our gators...Lets go Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users